Who's better at getting the ladies: Sir Hilary Bray or James Bond?

Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
Bray fans will point out his intelligence, sexy accent (filled in by George Baker), polite manners, impeccable sense of style and the sheer fact that he seduced more women in OHMSS than James Bond himself did.

However, fans of Bond will assert that the only reason Bray was so successful with the ladies to begin with was because he was in a ward full of psychologically ill and lonely women. In normal conditions, it is uncertain if he would be as appealing to the ladies.

Still, I'm giving my vote to Sir Hilary Bray.

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    But did Sir Hilary Bray ever get pushed out of a Plane? ;)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Bray was succesful with the women BECAUSE he was actually James Bond.
    Bond always gets the girls, he is Bond. Enough said :))
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    I meant this thread in a jokey way, but in all seriousness, I find something about Lazenby/Bray's warmer style of masculinity much more admirable than the macho personality Bond has been given over the years.
    I meant this thread in a jokey way, but in all seriousness, I find something about Lazenby/Bray's warmer style of masculinity much more admirable than the macho personality Bond has been given over the years.

I see, well to be honest with you i'm in the complete oppossite on that oppinion! :)
    It just so happens that I have watched OHMSS last night. In my point of view Bond made Sir Hilary Bray deliberately dull and even gave off the suggestion to the women that he was gay, or well, atleast not intrested in women. As more of the women even say the were under that impression. The scene where he starts talking about genealogy and half off the women doze off seems to be an example of Bond deliberatly making sure he's a bit boring. I think the fact some of the girls still fell for Sir Hilary Bray was because Bond used his own skills to simply bed them. I'm still not a huge fan of why Bond does that in the first place. Especially since he's supposed to be in love with Tracy and there seems to be no real reason to sleep with half of the women on Pizz Gloria. I have more problems with OHMSS, but thats probably bringing me off topic here.

To be very honest I find Bond's style of getting the women the most admirable, I guess I personally really like the more macho personality your reffering to. For example, when Connery says: "Wait till you get to my teeth" I can't help but always simply grin, you know he's going to get her regardless, you can actually believe women would fall for such a man. He's macho and I love that. :P
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    Many women like less masculine men (or men who seem a little gay). It's less sexually intimidating.

I do agree that Connery's Bond is much more honest about what he wants and that Bray is a bit sneaky about it.
    Many women like less masculine men (or men who seem a little gay). It's less sexually intimidating.

I do agree that Connery's Bond is much more honest about what he wants and that Bray is a bit sneaky about it.

Fair enough, that seems valid. I guess this would bring us beyond a discission between Sir Hilary Bray and James Bond and the types of men they represent. It's probably clear we both favor one of these styles to the other one, probably on a personal level as well. So I guess all I can say now is: To each their own -{