Bond knows Blofeld from his childhood?

DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
edited March 2015 in SPECTRE - Bond 24 (2015)
It took me some minutes to sink in, but after thinking some more about the teaser trailer I came to the conclusion that Bond knows Blofeld from his childhood. Maybe it was obvious to others, or I'm just a bit slow in catching up, but when the picture is shown of Bond's ski teacher Oberhauser with the two kids, one of the kids is missing the head because the picture is damaged. I think the other kid is supposed to be Blofeld. Thats why in the end of the trailer he says it's been a long time!

I like where they brought Bond if my theory is correct! :D
Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,497Chief of Staff
    That's a big spoiler in your thread headline - IF it's true...you may want to alter it before people start to complain...
    YNWA 97
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    It took me some minutes to sink in, but after thinking some more about the teaser trailer I came to the conclusion that Bond knows Blofeld from his childhood. Maybe it was obvious to others, or I'm just a bit slow in catching up, but when the picture is shown of Bond's ski teacher Oberhauser with the two kids, one of the kids is missing the head because the picture is damaged. I think the other kid is supposed to be Blofeld. Thats why in the end of the trailer he says it's been a long time!

I like where they brought Bond if my theory is correct! :D

I don't - long feared any possible connection between Bond and Blofeld in this rebooted universe- still hoping that this doesn't come to fruition...
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    That's a big spoiler in your thread headline - IF it's true...you may want to alter it before people start to complain...

It does have the question mark, and nothing is confirmed, but yes if people think my theory spoils to much I will alter it, didn't mean to do that. I just kind of assumed everybody here watched the teaser anyway I guess :P

But still, what do you guys think of the theory?
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    I think Bond knows "Oberhauser" from his childhood, given that in the books Bond stayed with the Oberhauser's as a young man. I'm guessing Waltz's character is Hannes Oberhauser's real son. Bond was never adopted by Hannes Oberhauser, IIRC.
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    DO YOU REALIZE THE GRAVITY IF THAT WERE TRUE? Bond would be Blofeld's brother, so 007 WOULD BE PARRODYING AUSTIN POWERS.

THE WORLD WOULD EXPLODE
  • SFPROPSSFPROPS USAPosts: 380MI6 Agent
    Shatterfang: You are making several assumptions there, several of which are probably not true even if Bond knew Oberhauser from the past.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    DO YOU REALIZE THE GRAVITY IF THAT WERE TRUE? Bond would be Blofeld's brother, so 007 WOULD BE PARRODYING AUSTIN POWERS.

THE WORLD WOULD EXPLODE

It is true, so yes, I await the second Big Bang.
  • FitzochrisFitzochris Posts: 242MI6 Agent
    edited March 2015
    SFPROPS wrote:
    Shatterfang: You are making several assumptions there, several of which are probably not true even if Bond knew Oberhauser from the past.
    No assumptions. It is in the script.

THE WORLD WOULD EXPLODE

The wouldn't be brothers by blood, Oberhauser Jr. would be the son of a man that took custody over Bond. But obviously they do have history together and they probably were like family. I like the idea of Bond and his arch nemesis going way back.
    if he was oberhauser's son, hed be closer to Bond's age. I think he is the original Obenhauser, the adult in the photo.

also that person's photo was too perfectly burn off to have been an accident in the blast. Mi6 has been infiltrated by spectre again. Remember Quantum said 'we have people everywhere'. Well i am going out on a limb and say Dembigh (The actor who plays Moriarty on BBC Sherlock) is an inside operative, he burned the photo when it got to forensics.
    that is exactly what im doing and what this website is designed to do! SPECULATE would be a better word than Asume.

But I know that Oberhauser is Bond's ski instructor from the original books
    edited March 2015
    if he was oberhauser's son, hed be closer to Bond's age. I think he is the original Obenhauser, the adult in the photo.

also that person's photo was too perfectly burn off to have been an accident in the blast. Mi6 has been infiltrated by spectre again. Remember Quantum said 'we have people everywhere'. Well i am going out on a limb and say Dembigh (The actor who plays Moriarty on BBC Sherlock) is an inside operative, he burned the photo when it got to forensics.

Yes that is my theory exactly. Oberhauser is the man that took custody over Bond and Oberhauser Jr. (Blofeld - Chris Waltz) is his real son. I only pointed out that that wouldn't make Bond and Blofeld brothers by blood.

I am also under the impression that Quantum is not part of Spectre, Mr. White almost seems to fear Spectre in the trailer, but he defenitely seems to be aware of them when he sees the ring.
    whatr you talking about? I didn't asume anything about nothing in that comment! I was telling him about it

In Austin Powers 3: Goldmember, Dr. Evil (Blofeld parody) ends up being Austin Powers (007 parody) brother
    You think Waltz is playing Obenhauser Jr. / Blofeld. I think Waltz is playing Obenhauser senior (not blofeld but potentially the new leader of spectre)!

The picture shows a little boy, an adult, and to the right: someone who is either a woman or another kid (about 3 to 4 years older than the boy on the left). I don't think its another kid. I think it is Bond's mother, and the one in the middle is the father.
    If you've read Carte Blanche the novel, there is a reason behind this [i will only spoil if you ask me to]. but i am pretty sure Christoph Waltz is too old to be the one with the burnt face in the picture. he could possibly be the one in the middle (the full grown adult).

As for custody over bond, we already know bond was raised by kincade at skyfall.

Quantum would be a smaller branch of Spectre, like in a pyramid scheme you have different levels of power. that is why white is scared, but he still worked for them.

I think Oberhauser is not named blofeld, but he is the new leader of spectre in this reimagining. From the trailer he is all too menacing for me to care if his name is blofeld, or that he doesn't have a cat, and isn't bald. he's a completely new leader of spectre and he amazing!
    You think Waltz is playing Obenhauser Jr. / Blofeld. I think Waltz is playing Obenhauser senior (not blofeld but potentially the new leader of spectre)!

The picture shows a little boy, an adult, and to the right: someone who is either a woman or another kid (about 3 to 4 years older than the boy on the left). I don't think its another kid. I think it is Bond's mother, and the one in the middle is the father.
    If you've read Carte Blanche the novel, there is a reason behind this [i will only spoil if you ask me to]. but i am pretty sure Christoph Waltz is too old to be the one with the burnt face in the picture. he could possibly be the one in the middle (the full grown adult).

As for custody over bond, we already know bond was raised by kincade at skyfall.

Quantum would be a smaller branch of Spectre, like in a pyramid scheme you have different levels of power. that is why white is scared, but he still worked for them.

I think Oberhauser is not named blofeld, but he is the new leader of spectre in this reimagining. From the trailer he is all too menacing for me to care if his name is blofeld, or that he doesn't have a cat, and isn't bald. he's a completely new leader of spectre and he amazing!

I too at first thought about Bonds parents. But if im not mistaken the guy in the middle was holding ski's suggesting hes Oberhauser and I believe the documents on the left of the picture said something about custody over Bond. (ill check later) So maybe on a different stage of his life he had the custody instead of kingcade. I do believe Chris. Waltz could easily he Daniels age despite the grey hair, but to be fair if hes oberhauser sr, that COULD also be plausible.
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    My theory: Oberhauser was a close friend of the Bond's and adopted James when his parents died. Maybe he trained Blofeld to ski (a nice reference to OHMSS there), but was involved in SPECTRE. Blofeld then takes Oberhauser's name when he is older, after killing the ski instructor for not killing Bond?
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent

THE WORLD WOULD EXPLODE

If you read the piece of paper Bond's holding at the beginning, you'll see that Charmain Bond was his permanent guardian and Oberholtzer was his temporary guardian. Which would make Oberholtzer, Jr. and Bond not related at all.
    or there is no oberhauser jr. and it is just oberhauser senior, with waltz being the guy in the picture
    or there is no oberhauser jr. and it is just oberhauser senior, with waltz being the guy in the picture

Well, Chris Waltz did say his characters name is Franz Oberhauser, so he could im fact be the son of Hannes Oberhauser (original name)
  • Gala BrandGala Brand Posts: 1,172MI6 Agent
    I thought it was ironic that Moneypenny accuses Bond of not trusting anybody when she was the one who shot him. :)) :)) :))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    God !, you shoot somebody once and they hold it against you for life ! :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • The Bond VivantThe Bond Vivant SeendPosts: 1,326MI6 Agent
    Fitzochris- I really hope that this isn't true. Your spoiler hiding is very poor...

This is how you hide spoilers...

I hope that you haven't ruined the surprise for some of us...

MB

Using movie logic, when two friends know each other and then separate
    For a time, one always becomes evil, the same with twins. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I'm hoping there not Blood related.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I honestly can't see it. I would be genuinely shocked if they tried to
    Sell that to the Bond community. :#
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    This is my take on it: The picture shows Oberhauser sr. and jr. with young James. Bond burnt his own face from the picture, a plausible reaction from an orphan growing up in foster homes. The theory that Oberhauser jr. was legally adopted and his real name is Blofeld is new to me an very interesting.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    At the Moment, that seems like a plausible Theory.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    no bond was legally adopted. the burnt face could be someone on the end side. remember, quantum said 'we have people everywhere'. I think it is Andrew Scott's character Denbigh who burns it after it gets to forensics.
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,758MI6 Agent
    The document in the trailer says "Order of temporary guardianship", not adoption. What do you base your view on?

It's possible that someone working for SPECTRE burnt the face on the photo, but I'm guessing not.
  • Kent007Kent007 Posts: 338MI6 Agent
    I assumed it was Waltz in the photo but the fact the photo was damaged suggests there could be a twist to it. I also assumed the man was Oberhauser Senior.

I think we can say that Bond knows Waltz' character from his childhood but I hope they're not brothers. They can be brother-like figures but I hope they're not actual brothers.

Also, is Waltz even Blofeld? It certainly seemed to suggest it but could it be a red herring and in fact Waltz is just the face of the organisation but the brains.
    "You are about to wake when you dream that you are dreaming"