Furious7

MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
I'm not sure if there are any fans of this series here but I just want to say that the latest installment is the best one probably and without giving too much away - it has one of the best movie endings I've ever seen. I'm not gonna lie, I shed a few tears - the only other movie which made me do that was the "Schindler's List".

If you enjoy turning your brain off sometimes this film is great entertainment - regardless of the fact that some action sequences are way over the top and that it redefies the laws of physics.

Comments

• PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    It was fun to watch, nice ending!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,525Chief of Staff
    Sorry, but it's corny, full of terrible acting and the ending is a joke...so cheesy I laughed...its hackneyed and forced...I think this was written by a 14 year old boy to appeal to 14 year old boys...
    YNWA 97
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Sorry, but it's corny, full of terrible acting and the ending is a joke...so cheesy I laughed...its hackneyed and forced...I think this was written by a 14 year old boy to appeal to 14 year old boys...
    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same ending Paul... When you realize that the guy is dead in real life it becomes emotional, especially if someone was watching the whole series for 14 years like me - it's over half of my life. I think it was a beautiful tribute, full of nods to Paul Walker - especially the white Supra which belonged to him. I shed a tear when Dom's Charger continued going forward whereas the white Supra turned left, retiring the character in a very respecful way. The movie is cheesy and they know it - even Dwayne Johnson laughed about the scene where he brakes his plaster. You really have to watch it without trying to understand it, it's supposed to be a big action flick wit a lot of reving and explosions :)
    MrZareba wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:
    I'm not sure if we're talking about the same ending Paul... When you realize that the guy is dead in real life it becomes emotional, especially if someone was watching the whole series for 14 years like me - it's over half of my life. I think it was a beautiful tribute, full of nods to Paul Walker - especially the white Supra which belonged to him. I shed a tear when Dom's Charger continued going forward whereas the white Supra turned left, retiring the character in a very respecful way. The movie is cheesy and they know it - even Dwayne Johnson laughed about the scene where he brakes his plaster. You really have to watch it without trying to understand it, it's supposed to be a big action flick wit a lot of reving and explosions :)

Yep...that's the forced ending we are talking about - truly awful !

I've seen them all...even own a few...but this was a major disappointment for me...and I'm not convinced they were all in on the gag of knowing it was cheesy...its not a terrible film but it's not even half the film Furious 5 is...
    YNWA 97
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:
    MrZareba wrote:
    Sir Miles wrote:

Yep...that's the forced ending we are talking about - truly awful !

I've seen them all...even own a few...but this was a major disappointment for me...and I'm not convinced they were all in on the gag of knowing it was cheesy...its not a terrible film but it's not even half the film Furious 5 is...

Furious 5 was actually way cheesier in my opinion, the vault towing scene always cracks me up :D Totally absurd but enjoyable, as for the ending - well, I get it. Honestly I have to admit that I haven't heard from anyone else that the ending was forced... For me it wasn't, I think it was perfect and it will be remembered - at least according to the critics because a lot of them are praising the ending. Anyway, I will not visit the cinema for the second time but I don't regret watching it!
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,091MI6 Agent
    Sir Miles wrote:

Well according to the Onion, Fast 5 was written by a five year old boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIY5b1JMvGs
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I watched the first F&F movie and then sort of forgot about them until
    number 5 & 6 ( both of which I really enjoyed ) so I'm looking forward to
    7. -{ I do agree they are silly action/pop corn films, but I love the car
    chases and over the top action sequences. With Paul's death, they were
    Bound to reference it. From what I've heard from people who've seen it
    They thought it was a lovely way to end it.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    The first Film was really just about about Car Racing -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    MrZareba wrote:
    Furious 5 was actually way cheesier in my opinion, the vault towing scene always cracks me up :D Totally absurd but enjoyable, as for the ending - well, I get it. Honestly I have to admit that I haven't heard from anyone else that the ending was forced... For me it wasn't, I think it was perfect and it will be remembered - at least according to the critics because a lot of them are praising the ending. Anyway, I will not visit the cinema for the second time but I don't regret watching it!

It probably was cheesier....but I felt the actors understood that and had great fun with it - which transmitted across....
    I'm not saying you are wrong with Furious 7 - I just have a different opinion -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:

Well according to the Onion, Fast 5 was written by a five year old boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIY5b1JMvGs

Which is probably why I liked it more :D
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."