DAD XKR Roll Bar

pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
Does anyone know if the roll bar on Zao's XKR was a one-off for the film or an available, possibly modified, aftermarket product? If the latter, who makes it?
Pyrat
Reflections in a double bourbon...

Comments

• minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
    I believe I've seen it on other xkr's but whether it's a genuine jag part or not escapes me.

I found this;

https://seductioninc.wordpress.com/2009/08/12/rocket-sports-jaguar-xk-rs-concept/

Maybe it's an aftermarket part?

Bear in mind that the rear seats will be ditched for this mod.
    'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
    Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
    As an add on, both EoN SVO's and Rocket Sport's XKR's have no roof.

Possibly look towards the American market for clues on whether roofless* XKR's were available straight from the dealer. AM did the AMR1 for instance.

Try contacting Jaguar Heritage, they might be able to help.

*lol Zao's jag was pretty roofless
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
    Thanks Minigeff. Someone on one of the Jag forums had installed the DAD hood vents on their XKR and the conversation wondered around to these roll bars and I knew if there was a place to find out it would be AJB. :) Bond fans do come in handy at times.

I'm sure they are aftermarket parts so I'll shoot Rocket Sports a message and see if they can provide the source. I'm actually amused this was an US source. Companies making Jag mods are rare in the US, in the UK they are as common as those making Mustang mods are here so I was thinking it would be from the UK, which is not to say that the actual part isn't a UK item, just funny it came up used on a US produced modified Jag.

Again, thanks for the info...
    Pyrat
    No worries.

The biggest jag aftermarket parts people are either Arden (Germany) or Adamesh.

Both produce stuff that's hideously priced and usually ruins the jags looks but people flock to them like flies round ****.

There's a couple of guys with S types who have bought just about every extra piece of chrome trim. They've basically turned 2 decent S types into jukeboxes. I've yet to figure out if they've done it for a laugh, a dare or they think they genuinely look cool.

Good look in the hunt, let us know how you get on!
    www.helpforheroes.org.uk
    www.cancerresearchuk.org
  • pyratpyrat Posts: 260MI6 Agent
    I agree, you need to be very careful when modifying any car and generally, less is more.

I keep my XKR relatively stock, my 05 Mustang, not so much, but the modifications to the Mustang are not easily discernible, it's just a bit lower then stock and the tires are a bit wider, but that's about the only external visual clues. On the Jag, I did add a mount for an iPad which covers the OEM GPS system, but it is removable. The OEM GPS is DVD based and there are no disks available that are less than around 10 years old, so much of many cities just isn't on them. One thing I would like is a ODBII port ECU reprogramming unit. These are available in the States for many of the performance domestics and let you have programs for economy or performance, and can remove the top speed limit, modify shift points, supercharger boost, etc. Do you know if there is such a unit available for a 2000 XKR in the UK or elsewhere? Definitely nothing like this I've been able to find on this side of the pond.

Apologies for getting a bit off track here, but it's difficult to find someone with good information on this type of thing.

391203.jpg
    Pyrat