Oh Lordy! The Stab in the Back (Silva's demise)

Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
All this talk of Ed stabbing his brother David Milliband in the back to get to be head of the Labour Party made me think of Silva's somewhat unspectacular demise in Skyfall.

Then I realised... he is being stabbed in the back. Again. As in, the British Establishment turned against him, as M did rather nastily, and sold him out to the Chinese or something. Note how Craig's Bond only has contempt for Silva as he spouts his self pity in the glass cage, but when he hear's M's account a bit later, he looks taken aback a bit.

Again, it's another subtext of the kind SF abounds in. It does seem to be a bit anti British or Establishment anyhow, with M being a Colonel Blimp type spouting poetry at a time when she should be going into hiding.

And like many subtexts, it means the surface is a bit dull and daft, but underneath it's all a bit clever clever.

Of course, this stab in back theory may have been pointed out before...
"This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Interesting theory, it may indeed be symbolic. I'd never picked up on it
    Before.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Nice Theory -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger