What Bond film would you choose to introduce someone to the franchise?

I came across this predicament a few years back. My wife had never watched any of the Bond films and had labeled them as something she wouldn't enjoy... so I got her to watch one as an introduction but I struggled with which one to show her first. Personally, Roger Moore will always be my favorite, but for a first timer only OP came to mind to show her, or FYEO. In thinking just of a storytelling standpoint I decided to go with OHMSS. I chose wisely... even though she had never watched a Bond before, she knew the basic premise, and was expecting the usual hi-jinks/womanizing. It was a little to "60's" at times for her, and she referenced Austin Powers a few times. She was certainly surprised with the ending... just with the marriage, let alone Tracy's death. It was the kind of surprise that made her say, that was good, what happens next?

Keep in mind, I am 30, she is 26... so it wouldn't really be nostalgia for her to go back and watch the older films.

What would you choose as an introduction to the Bond franchise?

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I'd show her the first Film from each Actor -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    I'd show her pictures of each actor and see who she likes the look of best, then show her the first one from her choice to see.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,313Chief of Staff
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I try to pick a Bond film that fits the person I'm showing it too. For a really silly person, I show them Moonraker. For someone into classic films I show them From Russia with Love. My girlfriend plays cello, so the first Bond film I showed her was The Living Daylights, and she really liked it. She had only seen Daniel Craig's Bond films before we met, so it was basically like she hadn't ever seen a real Bond film.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,562Chief of Staff
    Probably best to close this thread and people can continue on either of the other links provided -{
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.