Any Coaster/Theme Park fans on here?

MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
I was just wondering, as I'm a huge fan. :D
1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I went to Alton Towers for my 12th Birthday :) And I ended up with Food Poisoning :#
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I do enjoy them, I've only been to Blackpool a few times, but always enjoyed
    The Rollercoasters there.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    I do enjoy them, I've only been to Blackpool a few times, but always enjoyed
    The Rollercoasters there.

That's where I go!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    They do have one there which I think is only one of two left in the world. In that
    During the ride ,the cars change tracks halfway through. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    Blackpool ... My old stomping ground ... Spent many a day there in my youth there, especially during the Illuminations.

I do like a them park but more partial to an old fashioned fun fair. I love the atmosphere.
    The Travelers set up a Fair in Aldershots Manor Park every Year. It's pretty decent :)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    I rememder once being stuck on top of a big wheel with a girl who was freaking
    out, I had to talk to her calmly, tell her everything would be alright etc. :)) ah!
    Memories.
    Did she predict Green Trainers? :))
  • Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    In my childhood I was deathly afraid of rollercoasters. Then in my early teen years I went to the local theme park and a friend told me to man up and grow a pair. My manhood been challenged, so i went on one of the coasters and had a blast. For the next several years I loved coasters. Now, as I age I haven't been on a coaster in many years. My childhood theme park is still around but I have little to no interest in going. The roller coasters there seem inadequate to what else is out in the world.
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Sir Hillary BraySir Hillary Bray College of ArmsPosts: 2,174MI6 Agent
    Massive fan, although I don't get to theme parks nearly as often as I would like. The coaster that bears your AJB name, at Cedar Point in Ohio, is probably the best I have ever ridden.
    Hilly...you old devil!
    Massive fan, although I don't get to theme parks nearly as often as I would like. The coaster that bears your AJB name, at Cedar Point in Ohio, is probably the best I have ever ridden.

Yeah, I've never ridden it, but would love to.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    I spent much of my childhood and teen-years at Alton Towers. It is the main themepark I have been to the most, and isn't too far from where I live.

"Nemesis" has always been my favourite ride - although it makes me dizzy these days! :))

I also really like the recent "Thirteen". "The Ripsaw" is fun, and "Air" and "Rita" are good too.

And then there's the canyon area, with the log flume, mine train, and rappids - all good rides.

"The Corkscrew", which had been there for years, was fairly decent, and I went on it in it's final year before it was taken down.

"The Black Hole" was another favourite, but unfortunately was closed down too. They totally should open it up again, in favour of that terrible "Submission" ride.

"Oblivion" on the other hand I really don't like, it terrifies me!

PS - Not been for a few years now, so some of the rides may have changed!
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Lady RoseLady Rose London,UKPosts: 2,667MI6 Agent
    I love rollercoasters but they are just about the only ride I can go on nowadays without feeling sick !

Years ago I used to go on the waltzers over and over but now i can't even watch them!!

Anything up and down, round and round, side to side .... don't work for me anymore
    I won't go near anything that includes Heights :#
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    I will get back ,me laptops going gah gah :s
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    449.jpg
    This is one of my favourite rides ,its called the sheikra ,its 200 feet tall ,and you will find it in Busch gardens in Tampa bay Florida ,
    After you are securely bolted in ,(I was moved once to balance out the weight ) oi who said fat bastard ? you are transported up on a 45 degree angle to the top ,its very high ,there is no floor to the seats ,so your feet are left to dangle , Once you at the top ,the swine who operates the ride ,takes you just over the edge ,(front row is the worst) and leaves you there for about a week ,then lets you plummet ,the trouble is ,all these rides only last a minuet ,My other favourite rides are ,The cheetah run and the gwazi ,both again in Busch gardens, I also like Aerosmiths rock and roller coaster in Disneys Hollywood studios ,I also like the incredible hulk ride in Islands of adventures,the rock and roll rokit in Universal studios ,and the manta ray in SeaWorld ,all very good rides
    Sod that! :))
  • lilusakolilusako Southern California Posts: 311MI6 Agent
    I really love roller coasters though I don't have very many friends who do. It's a rare treat if I get to go to the amusement park with a friend now.

Disneyland is close to where I live. The rides there are enjoyable but they're mild compared to Six Flags Magic Mountain which is about 1.5 hours away from me. The theme park boasts that they have the most roller coasters in one park - they fall in and out of that record. Currently they have 19 roller coasters, one of them being the 1st 4D coaster in the world called X2. The very beginning of that ride is mind boggling frightful. I'd have to say though my favorite ride at Magic Mountain would probably be Tatsu.

If I ever make it to the UK for holiday... I don't know how I could convince my beau to go to theme parks with me. He really dislikes extreme roller coasters - especially the free falling ones. :#
    Stop the presses ,
    just heard that they are going to close the GWAZI in Bush Gardens ,(ita a old fashioned woody)im gutted ,I last went to the BG in Nov 2013,and we ran from the gate to the Gwazi ,only to find it was closed for repairs ,all the pleading that we had come from London fell on deaf ears . They are saying its costing to much to service , but that was the fun of it . The Gwazi ,was always the one ,that you thought ,that there is a slim chance you could die on ,it rattled that bad :D
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,670MI6 Agent
    If you like theme parks and James Bond I would suggest you get a copy of John Gardner's Never Send Flowers (1993) with a finale set in Euro Disney. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    If you like theme parks and James Bond I would suggest you get a copy of John Gardner's Never Send Flowers (1993) with a finale set in Euro Disney. :) -{

1+

Wow ,thanks SM ,I will take a copy on my next holiday -{ Does Bond end up in a chase on its a Small world :))
    No, but the Villain has a rather chilling Death.

They (Disney) are very touchy about people brining guns ,into any of their parks ,theres always a row going on ,with some off duty FBI/Police ect trying to get into Disney ,with a concealed weapon .

This is my chilling Disney moment :D

409.jpg
    Are you on the left or tthe right ? :p :))
    I shall be looking at buying never send flowers then! GWAZI at Busch Gardens Tampa has been closed since 1st Febuary, by the way.

This is my chilling Disney moment :D

409.jpg

Only AS would wear Polo Shirts with Shorts :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,670MI6 Agent

They (Disney) are very touchy about people brining guns ,into any of their parks ,theres always a row going on ,with some off duty FBI/Police ect trying to get into Disney ,with a concealed weapon .

Apparently they have tunnels below Disney World etc. where swat teams are ready in the event of a terrorist attack. So maybe they didn't need James Bond at Euro Disney after all.

There have been quite a few accidental deaths at Disney theme parks across the world over the years though as well as maimings and other serious injuries. There are even websites dedicated to recording these grisly statistics.

I'd highly recommend Never Send Flowers though and its serial killer villain. Gardner astutely updates the perils for the 1990s faced by our intrepid hero and the mix of spy, horror and serial killer elements really works. I will say no more so as not to spoil it for you. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    I'd highly recommend Never Send Flowers though and its serial killer villain. Gardner astutely updates the perils for the 1990s faced by our intrepid hero and the mix of spy, horror and serial killer elements really works. I will say no more so as not to spoil it for you. :) -{

Although for balance I'll tell you it's bl**dy terrible and a waste of your time to read !

You have been warned {:)
    YNWA 97