Groaners and Boners

CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
I came across this article on the website "Cracked" and found it pretty amusing:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15785_the-15-most-cringe-worthy-james-bond-puns.html

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    'Raised more then an Eyebrow' :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • BlackleiterBlackleiter Washington, DCPosts: 5,615MI6 Agent
    I came across this article on the website "Cracked" and found it pretty amusing:

http://www.cracked.com/article_15785_the-15-most-cringe-worthy-james-bond-puns.html

I agree it's an amusing article. However, the line "He disagreed with something that ate" is straight from the Live and Let Die novel, and I always thought it was a pretty clever line.
    "Felix Leiter, a brother from Langley."

I agree it's an amusing article. However, the line "He disagreed with something that ate" is straight from the Live and Let Die novel, and I always thought it was a pretty clever line.

-{

Fleming came up with many clever Lines
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    The author is not familiar with the expression "head for heights" so he just trashes it?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • CmdrAtticusCmdrAtticus United StatesPosts: 1,102MI6 Agent
    Though I was amused by most of the article, some of it was a bit ignorant such as the "head for heights" bit and not knowing the "disagreed with something that ate him" was by Fleming. It seems the writer of the article did not get that it's supposed to be an ironic, sadistic note written by Big's thugs as an attempt at sick humor. It really doesn't belong in the article - it would not surprise me to find out the journalist never read the novel.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    It really doesn't belong in the article - it would not surprise me to find out the journalist never read the novel.

He probably isn't aware that anything from LTK came from Fleming's stories since there isn't one by that title.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    It's in the same league as those Bond quizzes that papers sometimes print, and
    we fans can always point out at least one or two incorrect answers. I remember
    One in the Sun ( it was in work, I didn't buy it) which gave the answer to.
    Q, In which Bond do we see Jaws kill a Shark
    A, live and Let Die ! :o :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    What was groan inducing was the article.
    It goes to show that some People need to do some Research first :#
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Reading the article made me realize (again) how happy I am that I can enjoy the silly things in life.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad