Bonds pay day.

stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
Does anyone know how much each of the Bond actors were paid for their appearances? Either per film or as multi picture deal.

Comments

• Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    Here's the chart I see all over the internet.

Sean Connery
    DN : $17,000
    FRWL : $250,000
    GF : $500,000
    TB : $750,000
    YOLT : $750,000 + 25% of net marchandise profits = $1,000,000
    DAF : $1,200,000 + 12.5% of net US profits = $6,700,000

Connery's pay was peanuts at first but as the films got successful, they paid him much more. Desperate to get him back a 6th time, Connery was paid a record high salary. Connery felt undercompensated because James Bond would grow into a billion dollar franchise and he was given no stake in it.

George Lazenby
    OHMSS : $80,500

Feels like he got robbed relative to other actors, but it was a higher starting point than Connery got, and had he stuck around, he would've been paid at least a million dollars per film.

Roger Moore
    LALD : $1,000,000
    TMWTGG : $1,000,000
    TSWLM : $1,000,000
    MR : $4,000,000
    FYEO : $3,000,000 + 5% of net US profits = $4,607,500
    OP : $4,000,000 + 5% of net US profits = $5,265,800
    AVTAK : $5,000,000 + 5% of US gross = $7,515,000

This is where the profits piled up. It's largely what Lazenby might've got. Moore's films were financially successful and he had 7 of them so it accumulated.

Timothy Dalton
    TLD : $3,000,000
    LTK : $5,000,000

Pretty good starting salary, and his 2nd film got a nice boost. He could've gotten a lot more if he stuck around.

Pierce Brosnan
    GE : $1,200,000
    TND : $8,200,000
    TWINE : $12,400,000
    DAD : $16,500,000

Brosnan got paid relatively low for GE because Eon knew he wanted the role so badly, he'd do it practically for free. But when Goldeneye was a huge success, the money came rolling in future entries.

Daniel Craig
    CR : $3,220,000
    QOS : $7,245,000
    SF: ~$15,000,000
    #24-25: $47,000,000 for both.

Continuing in the trend of low starting salary, but he only got paid slightly more than Dalton did for LTK. With Skyfall being a massive hit, that allows Craig in his next movies to make a record high salary.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I didn't realise Craig got so much less than Brosnan. Especially considering inflation. Moore did the best starting out since he was already a pretty well-known name. It's amazing how much Moore got compared to Brosnan and Craig starting out considering inflation.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    With the next 2 films, Craig will be the highest paid Bond.
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    Thanks for that information. It makes for very interesting reading. I guess in the terms of the day though SCs $17,000 for DN wasn't all that bad for a film formula which was untested.

I am really surprised at RMs pay & flabbergasted by DCs.
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    If they had of looked after Sean financially, he may well have stuck around and made 7 films.

Perhaps EON learnt from their mistakes of the past.

I can only dream of what OHMSS (the best Fleming novel) would have been like with Sean still in the role.

I would imagine it would have been the greatest Bond of all.

Ah well back to 2015, I can't wait for Spectre to be released.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
    If they had of looked after Sean financially, he may well have stuck around and made 7 films.

Then it was a good decision for Eon to pay Connery low enough for him to quit because Lazenby did an excellent job in OHMSS whilst Connery did a lacklustre job in DAF.

That said, if I were Eon, I would have given Connery a lifetime 2% stake in the company for his stellar work in the first 3 films.
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent

Then it was a good decision for Eon to pay Connery low enough for him to quit because Lazenby did an excellent job in OHMSS whilst Connery did a lacklustre job in DAF.

That said, if I were Eon, I would have given Connery a lifetime 2% stake in the company for his stellar work in the first 3 films.

Agreed. IMO Connery was looking rather bored by the whole thing in DAF. Whilst I could envisage him in OHMSS I believe Lazenby did a great job.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I agree, that oddly enough Lazenby ( perhaps because of Peter Hunt's directing )
    Did a great job on ohmss, and I couldn't see a disinterested Connery doing any
    Better. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    "MR : $4,000,000"

Could've gotten mo(o)re of the merchandize pie due to sci fi being red hot , Nicholson earned 50 mill for Batman '89 (salary + merch)

FYEO/OP/AVTAK = "best for business" (quote WWEs COO Triple H)....it'd be financially foolish to turn them down.
  • I never missI never miss EnglandPosts: 47MI6 Agent
    Fascinating thread. Just curious as to what the sources are for these figures. DC being paid $47m (within the mad-finances world of film) makes sense as he is hugely popular with audiences and will almost certainly deliver two films worth more than $2 billion combined at the box office.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I agree, that oddly enough Lazenby ( perhaps because of Peter Hunt's directing )
    Did a great job on ohmss, and I couldn't see a disinterested Connery doing any
    Better. ;)

I cant imagine Connery pulling off the emotion of the murder finale or the ice skating scene (escape) as well as Lazenby did. Guess we will never know but thats my hunch
    Instagram - bondclothes007