Mobile Internet usage question ?

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
I've been a pay and go bloke forever. Although I'm thinking of getting a new
Sim only deal, but don't know how much internet usage I might need ?
All I'll be doing is checking AJB, and emails etc, so my question is would
100mb, 300mb, 500mb or 2GB best suit me ? The cost of the card per month
Isn't a problem, so I was thinking of going for the 2GB option as I guess it would
Mean I could watch the odd video or a bit of TV ?
Any advice would be most welcome. :)
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I'm on Contract, which includes 3GB of Internet usage, 300 Texts and unlimited Minutes.

I'm with O2 -{
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • The Wicker ManThe Wicker Man EnglandPosts: 434MI6 Agent
    I've been a pay and go bloke forever. Although I'm thinking of getting a new
    Sim only deal, but don't know how much internet usage I might need ?
    All I'll be doing is checking AJB, and emails etc, so my question is would
    100mb, 300mb, 500mb or 2GB best suit me ? The cost of the card per month
    Isn't a problem, so I was thinking of going for the 2GB option as I guess it would
    Mean I could watch the odd video or a bit of TV ?
    Any advice would be most welcome. :)

Hi TP.
    If you do watch the odd video I would suggest getting the 2GB package. Playing videos certainly eats up your usage and if you ever go over your allowance the bills can be a bit hard to take (as I know to my own cost) :#
    Checking AJB and emailing only, won't take up too much of your data allowance so 500mb may be ok. But be careful you don't go over your allowance - it's better to go for a higher internet usage than lower in my experience -{
    1.ohmss 2.cr 3.frwl 4.ltk 5.gf 6.tswlm 7.sf 8.op 9.tld 10.dn 11.lald 12.tb 13.fyeo 14.ge 15.mr 16.yolt 17.tnd 18.avtak 19.sp 20.twine 21.qos 22.tmwtgg 23.daf 24.dad
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Is Giff Gaff PAYG (uses 02 network) still unlimited for £12 / £15 a month??

I always buy a Giff Gaff sim when I come over to the UK and hammer the data
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Thanks guys -{ it's just that a few of the places I used to visit have now stopped free wi-fi access
    so, I'll have to upgrade. :# Although I am inclined to go for the 2gb because as you say Wicker man
    I'd always want a bit more to play with than less. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Are you looking to upgrade your Phone as well?
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    No it's only a new sim deal, but it is a monthly contract, so I'm looking advice
    on what sort of usage 300mb, 500mb or 2GB would give me ? It would be
    used at the weekends mostly,
    If you want to watch Videos, then GB will be more beneficial. Normal browsing won't really use up that much Data :)
    Might change to BT mobile,as they have an offer for people who have
    their Broadband with BT. Free texts, 200 mins talk and 500mb of data
    for £5 per month. :) that sounds like a bargin.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ive had a cheap as chips Nokia PAYG for years a tenner will last me 2 months,with the odd phone call and texting ,
    the kids got me a LG for Christmas ,its still PAYG , I just need something I can use, lose, hand over if I get mugged (that will be the day) 3 dikheds did try on a bus one night ,bad move guys , im not into all this tech stuff ,cant be bothered with it . my kids are obsessed with their phones , you cant go out for dinner anywhere ,with out one of them checking ,(its not important ,put the bloody thing away ) now the morons in tech are working on wether you can phone on a airplane ,can you imagine being stuck behind some Sharron ,for 6 hours rabbiting crap down her Samsung ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?