Sick of all the constant post-Spectre Bond media speculation

Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
I know this post may be a little ranty, but I'm thoroughly sick of all the media hype regarding Craig's replacement and the future of the series post-Spectre. I mean, the cameras haven't even finished on Spectre yet, Craig is still contracted for a 5th film after Spectre's release, and the main focus of the media is on his replacement and not the upcoming Bond film. Now I enjoy the Bond actor speculation game as much as many other fans do, and there is nothing wrong with posting suggestions and chatting about possible replacements. However, considering how Craig is under contract for another film, and is very much our current 007, I find it a little disrespectful on the media's behalf to be indulging in this topic so much. It's almost as if they're trying to get EON to show him the door.

Anywho have a look at this article, I think it really sums it up well, and it's nice to see a media outlet criticize this media trend.

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/movies/moviesnow/la-et-mn-spectre-james-bond-daniel-craig-damian-lewis-idris-elba-20150616-story.html

Comments

• Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    Wow... after 3 excellent performances people are already asking for a new Bond. Is there any pleasing these people! Haha.

I mean, Roger Moore is my all time favorite Bond actor, but that doesn't mean I can't also love Craig's take on Bond too.
  • Revolver66Revolver66 Melbourne, AustraliaPosts: 470MI6 Agent
    Wow... after 3 excellent performances people are already asking for a new Bond. Is there any pleasing these people! Haha.

I mean, Roger Moore is my all time favorite Bond actor, but that doesn't mean I can't also love Craig's take on Bond too.

Agreed. I love Roger Moore and I love Daniel Craig, and I feel that the media is just wanting to create a scenario whereby Daniel's era comes to an end sooner than he is contracted for. I assume they are doing this because a new Bond is always big news and will generate a large number of hits on their respective media services (websites/apps) etc
    (
    I think the haters will pipe down once Spectre comes out.
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    It's interesting to speculate about who could be the next Bond though. But I agree, it's still too early to discuss Craig's Replacement.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    I think that if you are not interested in the speculation, don’t follow it. :)) Simples! No doubt the producers are already thinking about it, so why shouldn’t fans be interested? Just because Craig has a contract for another movie doesn’t mean he has to do it, and it would be better for everyone if he didn’t…
    Jag wrote:
    and it would be better for everyone if he didn’t…

Connery got 6, Moore got 7 and Craig can't get 5?
    edited June 2015
    'Better for everyone if he didn't'

That's bit of a sweeping Statement. Believe it or not, some Fans enjoy the Craig Films 8-)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    Jag wrote:
    I think that if you are not interested in the speculation, don’t follow it. :)) Simples! No doubt the producers are already thinking about it, so why shouldn’t fans be interested? Just because Craig has a contract for another movie doesn’t mean he has to do it, and it would be better for everyone if he didn’t…

I wasn't referring to fans speculation, more the media's hyperbolic focus on the casting of a new Bond, despite knowing full well that Craig still has another film to run before his tenure is over.

And yes, it is fun for fans to speculate, and there is nothing wrong with that! Particularly as the fans speculation is restricted to forums, blogs and conversations, and is not published in media outlets
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I think this will continue until DC publicly states if SPECTRE is his last film or not (despite contracted to do Bond 25)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    it was in the newspapers on sunday that DC not long ago said he will
    keep being Bond until the studio bosses decide to "kill him off"
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff

And Barbara & Michael both said they want DC as long as he wants to do them...
    YNWA 97
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I know we keep running around the houses with this old chestnut but ....
    I think DC will do Bond25 and then call it a day. ;) The temptation would
    Be too strong if Bond26 was added, to try and match Sir Rogers record. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Yeah I also think it will be his final one too
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I know we keep running around the houses with this old chestnut but ....
    I think DC will do Bond25 and then call it a day. ;) The temptation would
    Be too strong if Bond26 was added, to try and match Sir Rogers record. :D

word! :))
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Bond is a very psychical role, and with all the good will in the world to DC but
    Age, kicks in with all of us. Injuries that would go away after a hot bath, soon
    start taking days to leave, and I don't think anyone wants to go back to the days
    Of Bond needing a stunt man, just to walk up some stairs. :))
    ( Joke supplied by, MilliniumForce) ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Five Films is just enough for Craig -{
    let's just hope for, whenever the day will be arround, a proper send off {[]
    I couldn't agree more -{
    Yes 5 would be great for Daniel, but if Spectre is as good as i'm hoping it is (fingers crossed!) then i'd love to see him stretch it to 6 :)) Mind you there might have to be at least one 2 year gap between his future films, otherwise he wouldn't finish the role until 2021 and I can't see that happening. So perhaps if there is to be a 3 year gap between all future installments, he may very well only do 5. Still here's hoping :)
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I don't think Craig will be able to stretch it to 6. He was already looking old in Skyfall, though he doesn't look any older so far in Spectre. Daniel Craig won't be able to do the physical parts of the role much longer, but if they made the role less physical to accommodate him I would be okay with that. They could go back to the types of stunts Bond did before Brosnan, and Daniel Craig could easily handle that for another 10 years.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Like HTH said about Send offs, I hope Craig gets a better One then what Brosnan got (His final Scene in a Bond Film)
    Like HTH said about Send offs, I hope Craig gets a better One then what Brosnan got (His final Scene in a Bond Film)

what do you have in mind ? :)
    Bond could look into the Camera, And then say a witty Line before the Credits start.

Worthy of an Award in itself :))
    Bond could look into the Camera, And then say a witty Line before the Credits start.

I hope OHMSS will continue to be the only Bond film to do this.
  • HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Sir Miles wrote:

And Barbara & Michael both said they want DC as long as he wants to do them...

Not to keep stirring the pot, but I remember shortly after DAD came out, Pierce Brosnan appeared on a U.S. talk show and said that the producers wanted him to do a fifth film and that he said yes. . .and we all know where that went.

Anyway, this "next Bond" thing seems to bubble up every couple of months or so. . .remember not too long ago the story was that Sony was desperate to have Idris Elba as the next Bond (probably to distract attention from the racist jokes in their newly-exposed emails), and now it's Damien Lewis. I'm betting here it's a certain actor's publicity agent earning his pay.
    Vox clamantis in deserto
    Matt S wrote:

I meant the closing Credits.
    if we sack craig this year, we can get Lord Idris in before he gets old. #justsaying lol
    I think it would be a refreshing thing to let Bond get the girl right in the end
    so he can keep the british end up :))
    Matt S wrote:

I meant the closing Credits.

I meant breaking the fourth wall.
    It's something I wouldn't mind seeing again.