Bond Monument ?

ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
Given that Bond has been going now for years and is one of the most successful
Series of films ever made, has supplied work and jobs to thousands of people. From
The Books to the movies.
If you had the chance of building a monument to The phenomena that is Bond, what
Would you do ?

I think a life size brass statue, of Connery sitting on the Bonet of the DB5 from
Goldfinger -{ could be placed outside Pinewood, or in London as a tourist attraction.
Any other ideas ?

Or, are there any Monuments around the world to him, already ?
I Found this, ...
http://artsbeat.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/28/from-estonia-with-love-a-sculpture-honoring-sean-connery/?_r=0
Sir Sean has a statue to him in Estonia. ;)
"I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I would have a Statue of each Bond standing next to each other, but with the Gunbarrel behind them. As it it was rising up from the Ground -{

Or simply have one of Fleming himself, sat at his Typewriter with Paper strewn around him.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I've always thought it would be a great idea to have a series of life-size statues of British literary characters scattered throughout London. Paddington Bear (already done, at Paddington Station), Sherlock Holmes, James Bond, Oliver Twist or Scrooge, Harry Potter etc. All are world famous and would be yet another popular tourist attraction and fun for locals too.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    That would be a brilliant idea, TDE {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Well Nottingham ,has a statue of Robin Hood ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    I was at Paddington Station whilst out in London a couple of Months ago, and I missed the Statue.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,647MI6 Agent
    Yes, I'd be all for this (unsurprisingly). A statue of Bond and of his creator at different places somewhere in England or perhaps even Scotland would be great. I see it as a progession on from the hard fought for Ian Fleming Blue Plaques. I'd glad to say that my other favourite character Lt. Columbo already has a statue (also in Estonia):

606x340_260016.jpg?1394777330

So perhaps Estonia is the place to be? :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    There is a bronze half way up/down Bond st , ive never stopped to see who it is , but I do see people getting their picture taken with it , (im sure ASP 9MM Will know who it is though) :D
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,483MI6 Agent
    A subtle life size bronze of Fleming somewhere around Horse Guards would be epic.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    There is a bronze half way up/down Bond st , ive never stopped to see who it is , but I do see people getting their picture taken with it , (im sure ASP 9MM Will know who it is though) :D

Franklin D. Roosevelt and Winston Churchill.

2401607082_0ae924854a_b.jpg
    I've never seen that statue before. How long has it been there?
    It's been there at least 20 years. You can't miss it walking down Bond Street. It's right in front of what was until a year or so ago -Watches of Switzerland, but is now a Patek boutique.
    Wow. I must have been too busy looking in shop windows or short-skirted distractions!
    Haha, you seriously have to be to miss that!!! There is normally a florists barrow/stall located there too. It's a brilliant sculpture and looks so natural there. Maybe why you missed it.
  • Arbogast 777Arbogast 777 Minneapolis Posts: 595MI6 Agent
    How about a Bond statue on the famous lamppost? Wouldn't seem right to have it be Lazenby, though...
    That would be nice. That lampost does need a refurb though.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,060Chief of Staff
    somewhere in England or perhaps even Scotland

X-( X-( Even? Even??? ESPECIALLY!!!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,647MI6 Agent
    edited June 2015
    Barbel wrote:
    somewhere in England or perhaps even Scotland

X-( X-( Even? Even??? ESPECIALLY!!!

Sorry. I meant no slight to Scotland as I wrote that. I agree "especially" should have been the word. I'm of Scots descent myself so I should have known better. :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    Just pulling your leg, Brian. Well, slightly, anyway! :)) A statue in England wouldn't be inappropriate... though one in Ireland would be right out! :D
    Barbel wrote:
    Just pulling your leg, Brian. Well, slightly, anyway! :)) A statue in England wouldn't be inappropriate... though one in Ireland would be right out! :D

Oh, I know. Ireland is certainly out. I think a monument in both countries would be a great compromise. There, I'm like a politician. :)) -{
    :)) :)) Only less well-paid!
    Barbel wrote:
    :)) :)) Only less well-paid!

Indeed, though I have my aspirations... :))
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Haha, you seriously have to be to miss that!!! There is normally a florists barrow/stall located there too. It's a brilliant sculpture and looks so natural there. Maybe why you missed it.

Wow , I must have walked by that a 100 times , on my travels up and down the Bond streets ,I never knew that ,next time my misses is dragging me to Cartier ,I will stop and have a butchers :D
    Asp9mm wrote:

I probably did see it subconsciously and thought "Look at those two old codgers taking up that entire bench. It would be a perfect spot to sit and watch the short skirts."
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Must admit I've never noticed that either!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Honestly.

tumblr_kp4iphkTXu1qzvqipo1_400.gif

:))
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I'm glad the security of the realm, isn't depending on the
    Ever observant and watchful gaze of AJB members :))
    God help us if it ever happens :))
    I'm glad the security of the realm, isn't depending on the
    Ever observant and watchful gaze of AJB members :))

I must admit ,having walked by that work of art , on numerous occasions ,im either in a hurry to get some where or more than likely being dragged along by my misses from Louis Vuitton, to Cartier,to Mullberry, Tiffanys ect ect , so im not normally paying attention .Funny enough ,I could probably tell you more about New York or Rome or Toronto ,than my own city ,because like ASP 9mm if im in London its due to the fact my wife wants something ,or I have been working there ,
    I keep telling her ,one day we should go on holiday to London ,and see it properly :) take some time ,sit down and have a coffee in soho ,go to ST Pauls Cathedral , but hey ho :#
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    There is a beautiful stone marker in Akime, Japan:

yoltsign.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
    Wow! That's really lovely. Thanks for that picture, Higgins. -{