Who gave Bond the tarot card in LALD?

ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
I've heard several theories on this. Many have suggested Quarrel, Jr. while others suggest Solitaire. Either way, someone does it to warn Bond of the deceitful Rosie Carver.

Here's my theory:

Solitaire knows the plan. She knows Carver is a double agent. Why would she tell Bond if she only met him once? The cards say they will be lovers, so how can Solitaire brush it off? Knowing Guy Hamilton's style, this could be a cry for help, just like Andrea Anders in TMWTGG. Solitaire clearly fears Kananga and the voodoo curse, so she sends the card to Bond as a warning and a plea for help. It makes sense for Solitaire to reach out to an agent she foresaw in the cards, the same cards that tell her they will be lovers.

Therr are lots of debates on this out there, so I thought I'd bring this to AJB. Who sent Bond the upside down Queen of Cups?
"Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I always assumed it was Solitaire, as she was attracted to Bond, and
    The cards had predicted they would be lovers. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    It was most likely Solitaire, who was most likely asking for Bonds Help to get away from Kananga.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
  • ZorinIndustriesZorinIndustries United StatesPosts: 837MI6 Agent
    Barbel wrote:
    Thanks Barbel! I tried searching for an open topic on this but couldn't find it. {[]
    "Better luck next time... slugheads!"

1. GoldenEye 2. Goldfinger 3. Skyfall 4. OHMSS 5. TWINE
  • MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    I'm wondering where he got an entire pack of Lovers cards!! :)) :))
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
    Q Branch supplies for all Situations ;)
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
    He just bought 52 packs ( when he visited the tarrot shop) ;)
    and took all " The lovers" out to make a new deck. :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    A bit like eating just the Cream from a Bourbon Biscuit? :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Thanks Barbel! I tried searching for an open topic on this but couldn't find it. {[]

You're welcome, ZI! {[]
    I've always liked how Kananga shows some Annoyance when Samedi burns one of the Cards -{
    He was probably thinking .....
    " What a git, They're new. I only just bought them!" :D
    Even top Villains have to stick to a Budget :))