Scaramanga's Robots

MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
I know it's only the arms that have to move, but would someone have actually been able to build something like what we see in the film back in 1974?
1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)

Comments

• HardyboyHardyboy Posts: 5,882Chief of Staff
    Yes indeed. Disney World's Hall of Presidents has been an attraction there since 1971--those figures can stand up, talk, and use their hands.. .all more sophisticated than anything Scaramanga's wax figures can do!
    Vox clamantis in deserto
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    Well, they had very early Computers in 1974 :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    Westworld used realistic androids back in 1973
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Rudimentary machines that only need to do minor movements, yes I'd say
    Scaramanga could have had those. You can still see many today in the
    Average " Boy Band" ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Scaramanga didn't have many Targets to shoot at with his Solar powered Gun :))
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,670MI6 Agent
    Is it just me or is the Al Capone dummy a real person? :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    :))

The Cowboy was actually Moore dressed up -{
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,670MI6 Agent

Yes, I knew that one right enough. Was it him or a dummy with his face (plus moustache) I wonder?
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent

Yes, I knew that one right enough. Was it him or a dummy with his face (plus moustache) I wonder?

No it was Moore himself. The Al Capone ´robot´is also just an actor. Those life-like blinks can not be performed by robots :D
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Robots hadn't learnt to become sentiant yet :))
    Peppermill wrote:

No it was Moore himself. The Al Capone ´robot´is also just an actor. Those life-like blinks can not be performed by robots :D

I thought as much. What about the others behind Capone?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,510Chief of Staff
    Peppermill wrote:

No it was Moore himself.

It wasn't Roger...it was Les Crawford...who was Roger's stunt double -{
    YNWA 97
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Peppermill wrote:

No it was Moore himself.

I stand corrected :))
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Peppermill wrote:

No it was Moore himself.

Yes, I recall reading that. They'd have needed a split screen later on when Roger would be meeting...himself! :))
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Peppermill wrote:

No it was Moore himself.

I stand corrected :))

Just like a robot! :))
    Roger also doubled for Britt in a few of the bikini scenes. ;) :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Roger also doubled for Britt in a few of the bikini scenes. ;) :))

Yes, he was the stunt double for her arse in the final scenes. :))
    Cheeky :D
    Showing a little more Cheek then usual :D
    Showing a little more Cheek then usual :D

If only they were brains, Goodnight. :))
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Thank you for the correction Sir Miles. I always thought it was Moore himself but I must have been mistaken. You learn something every day on this forum.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Re the Robots, TMWTGG, was made around the same time as Michael Creighton's Westworld.

Prop a coincidence, but I like the production symmetry.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
    The Funhouse Scenes wouldn't be same without them -{
    Animatronic characters can appear very creepy.