Premiere Date

Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
To save wading through pages and pages, does anyone have a definitive World Premiere (London) date yet? I need to fly to LA a couple of days after and am having trouble narrowing down an exact date. I know the original date was announced as 23 Oct 2015 but I found this unusual for a Bond premiere as it is a Friday. The other date bandied around is the 6th Nov for the US Premiere, again a Friday. Now I can understand if these are general opening dates as this fits with a Friday, at least in the UK.

Can anybody lock this down with a correct date (with provenance)

Thanks

Comments

• welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Over at Mi6 I believe they are arguing about the correct date.

If I remember rightly reading the threads Sony are saying 23rd October but EON saying worldwide release of 6th Nov (or something to that effect)
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • ShatterfangShatterfang Posts: 538MI6 Agent
    Oct 23rd Friday is the UK release. Nov 6th in the States. and Movies always come out on Friday at least in the States
  • AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    We should see the second full length Trailer rather soon.
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Guys, I'm only interested in the Royal World Premiere date in London, not the general release date
    I think no news yet and RAH had Dylan booked apparently so I guess Leicester Square
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    October 16th
  • PaperbillPaperbill FloridaPosts: 810MI6 Agent
    Yes, October 16th
    is it Leicester Square?
    If that date is good then it won't be the RAH, but there is a good possibility that the Cliff Richard Concerts could be cancelled which will leave a gaping hole in the RAH calendar. Think the Present booking will cancel late though, so still no RAH. Where did this date come from BTW? Again a Friday and this is very unusual for a Bond Premiere.
    It's OFFICIAL Monday 26th Oct London World Premiere - No venue yet {[]

RAH is free that evening but would be a big ask to prep it after Bob Dylan in one day :#
    Cool - now how do you wangle a ticket :D
  • JCRendleJCRendle Posts: 60MI6 Agent
    tumblr_nrn5vmvUnG1rv0z1no1_r1_540.jpg
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Guys, are you sure? I'm hearing through some semi-official channels it's the 23rd October for general release... ?:)
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Guys, are you sure? I'm hearing through some semi-official channels it's the 23rd October for general release... ?:)

You need to look to official channels, not semi-official:

http://www.007.com/spectre-world-premiere-in-london/
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Thanks Matt- sound advice as always -{
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    "SPECTRE will then begin its theatrical roll out in territories around the world, including the US, on November 6, 2015."

Oh bloody hell. So much for global release on the 6th. Looks like we'll be getting it at the end of November as usual :(
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/film/james-bond-spectre/premiere-date-release-UK/
    Just a story on the premiere date, no new information.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Lady IceLady Ice Posts: 279MI6 Agent

That may have been the original date; the BBFC have had the release date as 23rd October for a while.
  • ThomoThomo ReadingPosts: 949MI6 Agent
    It's OFFICIAL Monday 26th Oct London World Premiere - No venue yet {[]

RAH is free that evening but would be a big ask to prep it after Bob Dylan in one day :#

Are you thinking of attending ? If it's not RAH but Leicester Sq they used to screen it straight after for the public I believe
    Thomo, If it's Leicester Sq then tickets will be at a major premium and next to unobtainable, the place is too small to allow us genuine fans a sniff. If RAH then yep I def be trying to obtain tickets.
    Thomo, If it's Leicester Sq then tickets will be at a major premium and next to unobtainable, the place is too small to allow us genuine fans a sniff. If RAH then yep I def be trying to obtain tickets.

I will try too if RAH but will also try to go to the show straight after the Premier if Leicester Square. Agreed that too small though.
  • Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    Personally. I'd like to go to either. But again, tickets are going to be next to impossible to get!
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    For the Skyfall première, tickets were for sale - for a few hundred Pounds each I believe. Rapidly sold out and nearly doubled on Ebay... X-(
  • double o egodouble o ego Posts: 93MI6 Agent
    Nope. The tickets were around £70 and when they sold out that's when other parties were selling them for hundreds and in some cases over £1,000
    edited August 2015
    £75 each for top tier of RAH. Box opened at 0900 and sold out by 0910. 4 tickets per person max.

Edit: This was for Skyfall, you haven't missed anything Thomo :v
    Was travelling back from Spain today - gutted :-(
    Does anyone know when cinemas will start to show it ? Will they wait till the premier has finished or at the same time ? Thanks
    The official film premiere starts at 8pm GMT. other theatres are not allowed to start to show it until after that time - even private screenings (I'm arranging one for some clients at a cinema in London that evening and they are being strict about the start time). -{
    The official film premiere starts at 8pm GMT. other theatres are not allowed to start to show it until after that time - even private screenings (I'm arranging one for some clients at a cinema in London that evening and they are being strict about the start time). -{

Many thanks so will be after 8pm. Most kind