Double Oz Seven-A New James Bond Podcast

DR NO-ahDR NO-ah AustraliaPosts: 104MI6 Agent
Hey everybody, I just wanted to share the first episode of a new James Bond podcast I am a part of. The show is with myself and a fellow Australian plus a Canadian as well. As far as I am aware this is the only Australian based Bond podcast. The first episode is a general chit chat but from then on we will be doing an episode per film plus some side episodes about novels/games and whatever else and of course a bunch of Spectre talk! The show will come out weekly or fortnightly depending on our schedules. We would love to hear some feedback and try and get some listeners to the show and would be honoured if you guys took a listen. Obviously as we go on the show will get tighter and this first one is a kind of pilot of sorts. Let me know what you think and hopefully we can start to build up a listenership. I am also hoping to start doing some posting around here now that I finally have a username!

https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/07/07/double-oz-seven-episode-1-the-names-seven-double-oz-seven-an-introduction/
"Mango, banana and tangerine. Sugar and ackee and cocoa bean!"

Comments

• AlphaOmegaSinAlphaOmegaSin EnglandPosts: 10,924MI6 Agent
    I'll give it a Listen :)

And nice Choice of Title for it!
    1.On Her Majesties Secret Service 2.The Living Daylights 3.license To Kill 4.The Spy Who Loved Me 5.Goldfinger
  • DR NO-ahDR NO-ah AustraliaPosts: 104MI6 Agent
    I'll give it a Listen :)

And nice Choice of Title for it!

Thanks Alpha! Constructive criticism is very much welcome! We hope to provide some tidbits and interesting info along the way but if you are on this forum you no doubt know it all already. For the most part it will be 3 guys who love Bond joking around about the series and having fun while doing it. I hope you enjoy it.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I'm halfway through your first episode and I'm looking forward to the next installments!
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Peppermill wrote:
    I'm halfway through your first episode and I'm looking forward to the next installments!

Thanks! glad you enjoyed it. So far we have recorded Dr No and are recording From Russia With Love tonight. They will probably come out weekly or perhaps fortnightly. Let us know anything we can improve on!

Also feel free to like our facebook/twitter pages if you want any updates.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Double-Oz-Seven/859873187441029?fref=ts

https://twitter.com/DoubleOzSeven
    Our first episode of our film recaps is out. 'Of Mice and Mangoes' is our discussion on Dr No. In the episode we talk about the beginnings of Bond, the fact their is only 2 songs that seemingly exist in 1962 Jamaica, Nikki Van Der Zyl voicing what seems like the entire cast of the film, Quarrel unsure exactly who he is, crazy dancing guy at Puss Fellars bar, Professor Dent as a useless henchman, Mary's overly dramatic death scene, Felix's crazy glasses, instantly exploding cars, Sylvia Trench-catchprase Queen, the use of dogs on Crab Key and much much more!

Once again we would be honoured if you guys took a listen and joined in the conversation. Some of it is still rough around the edges but we are getting better as each episode goes on and hope to expand a fanbase. -{

https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/07/15/double-oz-seven-episode-2-of-mice-mangoes-dr-no/#more-27

https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/07/25/double-oz-seven-episode-3green-figs-hamfrom-russia-with-love/#more-34

Our third episode, 'Green Figs and Ham' talking about From Russia With Love is here!

In this episode we discuss Bond's odd diet and constantly changing coffee preference, Kerim Bey's awesomeness and his children running half of Istanbul, Red Grant's insane character acting skills, Spectre's insane mask making skills and the Blofeld sporting a convincing Professor Dent mask, Bond becoming Vavra's son, Bond and M's shenanigans in Tokyo, Rosa Klebb's goofy glasses, Russian clocks always being correct, the many characters that exist in this story, how the plot of the film is so complex yet so simple, how From Russia with Love could well be the greatest spy film in history and creating a theme song for a character you thought you would never hear! On top of this we do our usual end of episode tasks of the 'Kiss Kiss Bang Bang Count,' ranking the films and conducting three scenes in to the Bond scene hall of fame.

Our Spectre trailer discussion episode has been recorded and will be uploaded in the coming days! I hope you guys enjoy this one for the time being. -{

• Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    Sounds interesting, but the mp3 download link appears to be broken
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
    Bondage007 wrote:

We have recently switched over to a new server so I suspect it has something to do with that. Does it work if you right click on the download button and click "save linked content as"?

Also, what part of Australia are you from!?
    edited July 2015
    DR NO-ah wrote:
    Bondage007 wrote:

We have recently switched over to a new server so I suspect it has something to do with that. Does it work if you right click on the download button and click "save linked content as"?

Also, what part of Australia are you from!?

I tried it again and the first episode works...listening now

Melbourne, yourself?
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
    Cool thanks for listening, would love to hear some feedback from you. Which one are you listening to FRWL or one of the other 2? They are quite long but as you can imagine there is a lot to talk about!

I am from Tassie as is the other Australian host, Ben.
    The intro...I really want to listen to the others...the synopsis has me intrigued.

I just found out that Lazenby will be featuring at spyfest in Goulburn...might just go there:
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/46110/spyfest-goulburn-australia-featuring-george-lazenby/
    Bondage007 wrote:
    The intro...I really want to listen to the others...the synopsis has me intrigued.

I just found out that Lazenby will be featuring at spyfest in Goulburn...might just go there:
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/46110/spyfest-goulburn-australia-featuring-george-lazenby/

That is amazing...you HAVE to go!! I wish I was able to make it!
    DR NO-ah wrote:
    Bondage007 wrote:

Take some annual leave :)
    Bondage007 wrote:
    DR NO-ah wrote:
    Bondage007 wrote:

Take some annual leave :)

Trust me if I wasn't saving for journeys elsewhere in the world I would be there! The disadvantages of living on a little island disconnected to the rest of the country :(

There was an issue with the server but all the links should be working now. The Spectre trailer discussion (over two hours on the 2 minute trailer!) should be up in the coming days and Goldfinger is recorded in the bank to go up in a week or two. Recording Thunderball next Sunday.
    DR NO-ah wrote:
    Trust me if I wasn't saving for journeys elsewhere in the world I would be there! The disadvantages of living on a little island disconnected to the rest of the country :(

[insert Tassie joke here] :p
    DR NO-ah wrote:
    There was an issue with the server but all the links should be working now. The Spectre trailer discussion (over two hours on the 2 minute trailer!) should be up in the coming days and Goldfinger is recorded in the bank to go up in a week or two. Recording Thunderball next Sunday.

Yep got it all now, will keep you posted
    https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/07/29/double-oz-seven-episode-4-crapping-our-pants-third-spectre-trailer-analysis/#more-52

Our Spectre trailer(s) analysis episode is here. A two hour discussion on a two minute trailer discussing what we want to happen, what we think will happen and what we don't want to happen. We discuss whether or not this is the greatest Bond trailer of greatest trailer of all time, who exactly is Blofeld, awesome action and ominous suspense, M fighting and Moneypenny not, the super attractiveness of Lea Seydoux and Monica Belluci as well as speculating who will sing the theme song for the film.

WARNING: We do discuss who Lea Seydoux's character is based off 007.com's synopsis. If you would rather not know this then it is best to avoid this episode!
    It gets more and more difficult to avoid spoilers but I will have to skip your latest episode.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Peppermill wrote:
    It gets more and more difficult to avoid spoilers but I will have to skip your latest episode.

Yeah I understand that. We didn't talk about anything that wasn't in the three trailers, production videos or from official press releases but I get that some people want to steer clear of that stuff. Goldfinger should be up next week.
    https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/08/01/double-oz-seven-episode-5-the-mei-lei-dink-variety-hour-goldfinger/#more-57

Our Goldfinger episode, 'The Mei-lei and Dink Variety Hour' has been posted.

In this episode we talk about the birth of the pre title sequence, Connery at his absolute best, the underdevelopment of the Mastersons, the alternate name for Goldfinger, Kentucky music, Felix aging 20 years and putting on a tonne of weight, Felix having a crush on Dink, the fastest cocktail waitress in the world, thugs being taken on a merry go round by Goldfinger, putting the 50 year 'fact' that Pussy Galore was a Lesbian to shame, Tilly Masterson being the most impatient driver ever, Bonds awesome caddy, Colonel Smithers, the first true Q scene, granny with a machine gun, just who in the hell is Bert and so much more on what is considered by many to be the greatest Bond film.

For more updates make sure to like our facebook and twitter pages! We would love to hear some feedback but also for you guys to join in the conversation.

The Thunderball recap, 'Dude, Where's my Hat?' has been uploaded.

In this episode we have the ultimate debate of whether or not this film is an all time great or an overrated mess, what the hell happened to Bond's hat and the lengths it leads him to, the R department still not getting over Dr No and reserving a special number for him, what special powers Largo's eye could have had, Felix coming off a bad break up and shedding some pounds, Largo owning the fastest boat in the world, the fastest repel in the world, the awesomeness of Fiona Volpe, the many girls that dominate (Domino?) in the film, the legacy of Paula, the plainness of Pinder, Vargas as the worst henchman of all time and how Largo is a massive dick towards him, M defending Bond to the grave, the British willing to give in to anyones demands and quickly, the ridiculousness of the motorized traction machine, the mass amount of characters that plague this film, whether or not the underwater battle is awesome or too slow, Bond's hatred of Canada, why you should blame Kevin McClory for everything that goes wrong in the series and so much more.

I hope you enjoy our take on Thunderball!

https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/08/03/double-oz-seven-episode-6-dude-wheres-my-hat-thunderball/
  • GoldHildingGoldHilding WinnipegPosts: 58MI6 Agent
    Maybe I was preoccupied by Vargas' brilliance, but I already forget why we talked about Largo's eyes powers, or what those powers may be! I'll have to give it a listen now. There goes my afternoon.
    'Not Wanting to Catch Scottish" our 007th episode focusing on You Only Live Twice is up! https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/08/13/double-oz-seven-episode-7-not-wanting-to-catch-scottish-you-only-live-twice/#more-76

In this episode we discuss the many plotholes of the film including Bond making the front page papers, why aren't M, Moneypenny and Felix at Bond's funeral, old Japanese proverbs and the craziness of Tiger Tanaka, Kissy being a terrible Bond girl and Aki being awesome and why they should have been combined, stock footage of Volcanoes, goons with facemasks to avoid diseases, magnet copter, video cameras seemingly existing everywhere in the world, NINJAS! NINJAS with swords, the amazing visuals and scope of the film, the horribleness of Hans, debate over whether Little Nellie is awesome or not as good as it is made out to be, Donald Pleasence and whether or not that reveal still holds up, M and Moneypenny taking the company sub out for a swim, I...love...you, why Henderson is a massive Kangaroo bum, the awesome volcano lair and battle, whether or not the theme songs fits in the film, how the entire film is basically henchmen fighting Bond no matter where he goes and one scene that is so unintentionally hilarious that could have disastrously (Moonraker-like) consequences that it causes Noah (myself) to absolutely lose it and still laugh whilst typing this several weeks later.

OHMSS should be uploaded next week but for now I hope you enjoy our take on You Only Live Twice.
  • King KamalKing Kamal Posts: 85MI6 Agent
    Really enjoyed the DN and GF episodes that I have listened to. Great to have a lighthearted podcast that doesn't take itself too seriously and isn't afraid to have a good laugh at the films (which lets be honest are pretty bonkers at times). Will look forward to hearing some more. -{
    King Kamal wrote:
    Really enjoyed the DN and GF episodes that I have listened to. Great to have a lighthearted podcast that doesn't take itself too seriously and isn't afraid to have a good laugh at the films (which lets be honest are pretty bonkers at times). Will look forward to hearing some more. -{

Thanks King Kamal! That is our aim, while we do try to give some trivia/tidbits and analysis (of which most of you would already know anyway) our main goal is to just have fun with the films and the episodes. I recommend the FRWL episode next which I felt was a great mix of discussion/debate and jokes which lead to a far too long conversation about Bond's coffee habits! Glad you have enjoyed them.
    lol I liked the coffee discussion. Bond's choice of food and (non-alcoholic) drink don't get discussed much

Is the ohmss one coming soon?
    Bondage007 wrote:
    lol I liked the coffee discussion. Bond's choice of food and (non-alcoholic) drink don't get discussed much

Is the ohmss one coming soon?

Early next week it should be up! Followed by a 60's wrap up episode that we recorded.
    Great work guys, I really enjoy your podcasts! Chaotic at times but in a good way.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Working my way through them all. Finished watching Dr No podcast. The podcast series is similar to James Bond Radio. They talk about all things Bond too. Looking forward to listening to FRWL
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    edited August 2015
    On Her Majesty's Secret Service was posted a few days ago.

https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/08/24/double-oz-seven-episode-8-death-by-canoe-on-her-majestys-secret-service/

In this episode we talk about the awesomeness of George Lazenby, what happened to the other fellow, what connection does Draco have with Quantum, George Lazenby, the legacy of Shaun Campbell, can Blofeld cure celliac disease, Irma Bunt vs Rosa Klebb, George Lazenby, what connection does Peter Hunt have to Diamonds are Forever, why isn't Felix at Bonds wedding, is OHMSS the greatest christmas movie ever made, George Lazenby, Bonds fear of polar bears, illegal snow racing, inept police men at the scene of a murder, the British continuing to give in to anyones demands, George Lazenby, Telly vs Donald, whatever happened to Blofelds cat, the angels of death and Ruby, did the canoe kill the henchman, finding out what happened to Bonds hat in Thunderball and just how awesomee is Geroge Lazenby. Plus much much more!

A 60's wrap up episode will be coming later this week and Diamonds are Forever should be next!
    We have released a 60's retrospective episode where we talk about our rewatch so far, elements introduced in the 60's and looking forward to the 70's. On top of that we answer a list of decade questions including favourite main/secondary girl, villain/henchmen, vehicle battle, climax battle, gadgets/Q scene and more.

https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/08/27/double-oz-seven-episode-9-lets-talk-about-the-jetpack-again-the-1960s/

Also 'Guy Hamilton's Magical Acid Trip' or episode covering Diamonds are Forever is up.

In this episode we have our most divided rankings so far, a huge debate over Plenty, the cast and crew for this film being on acid, how could Bond's revenge for Tracy be improved, Charles Gray as Blofeld, Fauxfeld and Mrs Blofeld, the legend of Bert Saxby, Bond as a Danish man making out with himself, where did Morton Slumber get his name, Shady Tree, the issues with the final battle, is Plenty a real Bond girl, Professor Dr Metz, some of the zaniest one liners so far, Bond's pet rat, THAT moonbuggy chase, the awesomeness of Wint and Kidd, Circus Circus and what is the kid who yelled at Tiffany doing nowdays, gambling elephants, BAHA and what exactly does the Incredible Hulk have to do with Diamonds are Forever!?

https://doubleozseven.wordpress.com/2015/08/30/double-oz-seven-episode-10-guy-hamiltons-magical-acid-trip-diamonds-are-forever/#more-96

Live and Let Die should be up later this week/early next.