Anyone listen to BondCast?

Does anyone listen to the BondCast?

It's a podcast show made by two Americans known for being the hosts of the famous Star Wars show RebelForce Radio, Jason Swank and Jimmy Mac, and a Brit named Jonathan Wilkins who is an editor at Titan Magazine.

They usually meet once every few months to discuss the films. The commentaries are great and often very funny, the only regret is that they are taking forever (they started with Dr No in 2012 and they are only in Diamonds Are Forever so far)

I wonder when they will get to the Craig era!!!

Link:
http://www.shotglassdigital.com/releases/?a=137

Comments

• clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    I tried listening to it, but their inaccuracies were intolerable. Not to mention their lack of passion compared with Star Wars made it a chore to sit through.
  • Mr_OsatoMr_Osato Posts: 398MI6 Agent
    I just started listen to them. It is decent, but there are a few mistakes.

The best podcast is still James Bond Radio. By far! These guys know everything about Bond and there is a real love for the movies.

I listened to Bond and Bonding and am not a fan: They know very little of the movies and in their reviews of the movies, they only go for cheap laughs, mockery and I miss the love of the movies (and knowledge!)

If anyone know of any good podcasts where the movies are discussed like JBR, then please recommend. Many thanks in advance.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

1. Connery 2. Craig 3. Brosnan 4. Dalton 5. Lazenby 6. Moore
  • clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    In addition to James Bond Radio, I subscribe to Being James Bond and Bond & Beyond.
    Thanks, will give them a try.
    OHMSS, FRWL, DN, GF, CR, GE, SP, YOLT, TB, TSWLM, LALD, TLD, TND, FYEO, SF, MR, TMWTGG, TWINE, OP, AVTAK, DAF, LTK, QOS, DAD

• PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    For Your Ears Only on earth-2.net was pretty cool. It is an older show but they put quite a lort of time and effort in in. The first ones are not as good but they really found their footing after episode 3. They really love their Bond and it shows, also a nice playfull chemistry between the hosts. And who can forget the shag whistle!

I like James Bonding, yes there are quite a few mistakes (as they say themselves "Lovers Not Experts") but I listen to podcasts to entertain myself and, for me, their podcasts are very entertaining.

Podcasters Royale is also pretty good, so is Bondcast, Bond & Beyond and Bonding over Bond.

To me, anyone who takes the time and makes the effort of recording a podcast about something they love and offer it for free should be applauded.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    I agree that it should be applauded. But I do prefer to listen to podcasts about Bond from people that actually really know Bond. I hear podcasts from people that are reviewing movies they admit hadn't watched for 20 years until a night ago, which makes me wonder if they are really fans of the movies/Bond or just in it for the broadcasting.

That's what makes JBR still by far the best; they have the extended knowledge (especially Chris, his knowledge is amazing!) and they are British, with a real deep love for the Bond series.

On her Majesty's secret podcast is also pretty good BTW.

• Dirty PunkerDirty Punker ...Your Eyes Only, darling."Posts: 2,587MI6 Agent
    edited January 2018
    Peppermill wrote:
    Bond & Beyond
    I should change my name on YT, shouldn't I :# .
    Just when I was happy that I got mentioned (even though I'm not a podcast), I realised who you were actually referring to.

Not associated with Bond & Beyond, I'm Bond and Beyond but it's not enough to make it all that different.
    Maybe I should shoot them a message and get their opinion on it.
    EDIT: Which I just did.
    a reasonable rate of return