For Sale-Omega Planet Ocean 42MM- 2201.50

Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
I recently purchased a certified pre owned excellent condition Omega Planet Ocean 42MM (Same watch as in QOS) from Torneau.

Sadly, I have to part with the watch due to expenses. I purchased the watch for $3485 but would let it go for $2800-$2900.

The watch comes with the Torneau Certified Pre Owned Box & Receipt. The watch does not have the original papers & Omega box but is indeed 100 percent authentic and in excellent condition as Torneau does not sell fakes.

If you are interested you can email me or simply respond to this thread.

SriramS20@gmail.com

Thanks for your help.

Sriram

Comments

• Sriram858Sriram858 Posts: 182MI6 Agent
    Sriram858 wrote:
    I recently purchased a certified pre owned mint condition Omega Planet Ocean 42MM (Same watch as in QOS) from Torneau.

Sadly, I have to part with the watch due to expenses. I purchased the watch for $3485 but would let it go for $2800-$2900.

The watch comes with the Torneau Certified Pre Owned Box & Receipt. The watch does not have the original papers & Omega box but is indeed 100 percent authentic and in mint condition as Torneau does not sell fakes.

If you are interested you can email me or simply respond to this thread.

SriramS20@gmail.com

Thanks for your help.

Sriram

Planet_ocean_1.jpg

Planet_Ocean_2.jpg

Planet_Ocean_3.jpg

Planet_Ocean_5.jpg
    Is anyone still interested in the Planet Ocean?

The watch is in mint condition.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    what do you mean with "mint condition"?
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    There's a hole in the middle and it sucks :))

( sorry an obvious and bad joke, no comment on the actual watch )
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    It means there is not a single scratch on the watch and is in pristine condition
    Higgins wrote:
  • TheExit148TheExit148 Posts: 562MI6 Agent
    Can you post bigger pics? They don't link to larger images.
    Sriram858 wrote:
    It means there is not a single scratch on the watch and is in pristine condition
    Higgins wrote:

Well, then the term "mint condition" is not correct!

It would be if you would have never worn it and the previous owner (who sold it to Tourneau) did not wear it as well.

Your posted pictures can't be enlarged, but even from the small thumbnails I can see a very bad quality of pics - but I'd bet that the watch has been previously buffed up by Tourneau (they do often and don't care how much material they polish off).

So, unless the watch is in the condition like it has left the factory - the term "mint condition" is false and misleading.

For further informations, check here:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/mint+condition

and here

http://www.ebay.de/gds/What-the-word-MINT-means-for-sellers-/10000000001354494/g.html

"The term "mint" as an adjective was coined (no pun intended) by numismatists to indicate that a coin looked as if it had just been minted. Other collectors quickly adopted the term. Unlike terms such as "good" or "excellent" which could mean different things to different people, "mint" has a very precise meaning. An object described as in "MINT CONDITION" means, literally, that the item looks as if it just came off the assembly line in the factory; that there is not a single defect of any kind in the product. It is in the BEST possible condition a product can possibly be in.

Because this term is used by collectors, a seller should be aware that what an ordinary person may perceive as perfect may not be sufficient. For example, condition of the box of toys and video games are very important. While a crease in the laminate of the surface of a carboard box may not even be visible to the ordinary buyer or uneducated seller, it is of concern to the collector. Again, because this is a term derived from the collector community, there is an expectation that when it is used, the seller is indicating that he/she can properly evaluate the "collectible" condition of the item. In practice on eBay this almost never seems to be the case."

Send me an email at SriramS20@gmail.com... Everytime I post pictures on the forum they don't seem to upload right.Thanks!
    TheExit148 wrote:
    Can you post bigger pics? They don't link to larger images.
    Why are you ignoring my remarks re. The watche's condition?

I've just today seen 2 watches which have been misrepresented as " mint" and both buyers fell into that trap.
    Don't want this to happen here!

Higgins,

First off, I am not into ripping people off, that's just not me. Second off we are all Bond fans here on this forum so its kind of like a brotherhood. I get what you are saying in terms of "mint condition" but am here to clear the air as the watch is in "Excellent Condition" if anyone is interested they can email me at SriramS20@gmail.com and I will send Large Pictures of the watch to prove the condition of it.
    But to make it clear I don't think anyone on this forum would rip anyone off, Bond fans are classier than that. :
    Higgins wrote:
    Why are you ignoring my remarks re. The watches condition?

I've just today seen 2 watches which have been misrepresented as " mint" and both buyers fell into that trap.
    Don't want this to happen here!
    Please read what I said and particularly read what I DID NOT SAY!

I haven't accused you with anything, just pointed out that your description is wrong and misleading and though is misleading for others - no matter if you intentionally do that or not.

Your first post is still incorrect, so I recommend that you use the "edit" button and change the wording.

And the mentioned "spirit of brotherhood" starts with an honest accurate description of the item that you are offering for sale here (for free btw).

• mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:

I haven't accused you with anything, just pointed out that your description is wrong and misleading and though is misleading for others - no matter if you intentionally do that or not.

Your first post is still incorrect, so I recommend that you use the "edit" button and change the wording.

And the mentioned "spirit of brotherhood" starts with an honest accurate description of the item that you are offering for sale here (for free btw).

Best thread of the day! ;)
    The post has been edited....
    Higgins wrote:

Thank you.

Just a friendly advise: Reshoot the pics with a proper camera ( no - a smartphone is not a proper camera) and a tripod and post the full pictures here and no thumbnails .

If you don't know how to do it, google it or ask a friend.

Just to add - I am pretty sure that the condition of the watch is better described as "used and polished - no scratches or other blemishes visible". But as nobody can see proper pics - this is speculation.

Thanks for your concern... I am sending over bigger pictures to anyone who emails me direct and shows interest. I do not own a better camera than what is on my smartphone.
    Higgins wrote:
    Thank you.

Just a friendly advise: Reshoot the pics with a proper camera ( no - a smartphone is not a proper camera) and a tripod and post the full pictures here and no thumbnails .

If you don't know how to do it, google it or ask a friend.

Just to add - I am pretty sure that the condition of the watch is better described as "used and polished - no scratches or other blemishes visible". But as nobody can see proper pics - this is speculation.
    edited September 2015
    Just following up on this one to see if anyone is still interested in the 42MM Planet Ocean 2201.50. Watch was serviced by Omega a few months back and is Excellent Condition with no scratches or marks. The watch also comes with Stainless Steel Band & Rubber Omega Divers Strap.

PM me or shoot me an email at SriramS20@gmail.com

Thanks,

Sriram
    Anyone still interested in the 42MM PO for sale?

Following up on this one in case anyone missed the post.

PM Me or Drop me an email at SriramS20@gmail.com

Thanks,

Sriram