A Very Special Daniel Craig item!

image.jpg

Something I've been trying to get hold of for some time. Just needs some Tailoring now :)

Comments

• HoldenHolden UKPosts: 664MI6 Agent
    {[] Congrats indeed!

Never thought I would see one in the wild. What size is it Ross?
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Holden wrote:
    {[] Congrats indeed!

Never thought I would see one in the wild. What size is it Ross?

They seem sizes pretty small this is a 48 and measures 24 inches underarm to underarm but looking at the structure should be able to take it down a fair bit so fingers crossed :)
  • SiddersSidders London Posts: 98MI6 Agent
    Layer Cake jacket by Dunhill, if memory serves?
  • Westward_DriftWestward_Drift Posts: 3,085MI6 Agent
    Ross, congrats. {[]

Who made the original Layer Cake jacket?
  • BasildonBasildon Posts: 27MI6 Agent

Who made the original Layer Cake jacket?

Dunhill made the Layer Cake leather jacket that DC's character wears throughout the film. The Dunhill logo is briefly visible on the inside of the jacket during the hotel scene.
    Thanks, Basildon and Sidders. With your confirmation I found the relevant pages on filmjacket.com.

Ross, congrats again on finding an actual Dunhill jacket. Please post some detail pics.
  • ReSpekt1116ReSpekt1116 Posts: 17MI6 Agent
    CONGRATS!! I am speechless - great work! More pics, please!! :)
    Ross, I've been following your posts on Filmjacket and the replies to your find. Damn, you got the jacket at a great price. {[]

Best of luck on getting it altered. The lambskin "lining" for wont of a better word could make such a large alteration (chest and sleeve diameter) problematic. Not a lot of room for error. I could see how the drape could be ruined. However, at the end of the day it's just a leather jacket that you want to wear and not put under glass.

Please keep us posted on how the alterations go.
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    There's a genuine Dunhill Layercake jacket 52 on EBay right now, item 252179822377
    edited November 2015
    CRB wrote:
    There's a genuine Dunhill Layercake jacket 52 on EBay right now, item 252179822377

Shocked to have seen two genuine Dunhill Layer Cake jackets on eBay at once. I bought the size 54 and it arrived today. It is gorgeous. I'll post some pics later.

In the meantime, Ross, how are the alterations on your 58 going?

Ross, CRB, perhaps you can help. I tried registering on Filmjackets.com almost three months ago and never got a confirmation from Rick. I sent him a follow up email and never got a reply.
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    CRB wrote:

Shocked to have seen two genuine Dunhill Layer Cake jackets on eBay at once. I bought the size 54 and it arrived today. It is gorgeous. I'll post some pics later.

In the meantime, Ross, how are the alterations on your 56 going?

Ross, CRB, perhaps you can help. I tried registering on Filmjackets.com almost three months ago and never got a confirmation from Rick. I sent him a follow up email and never got a reply.

Wow there was a 54 too????
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    edited December 2015
    Here are quick, poorly lit, cellphone pictures of the exterior and of the interior tag. I can provide more if anyone wants them.

2v2hbt4.jpg

33jsqap.jpg

The dimensions are:

Chest: 23.5"
    Shoulders: 19.5"
    Outer Sleeve: 26"

The chest is a little big on me, but the shoulders and sleeves are darn near perfect.

Pictures don't really do this jacket justice. The deep chocolate brown of the exterior with the natural colored stitching and the leather lining which is more an oxblood have to be seen in person. All the reproductions I've looked at on the web do not get the colors anywhere near correct.

One female friend has already said I should put the jacket in a glass case.

Edited to add, the hanger was used just for the photos. The jacket currently hangs on a large sized wide-shoulder wooden hanger.
  • waltherppk7.65waltherppk7.65 Posts: 97MI6 Agent
    That's awesome
    CRB wrote:

In the meantime, Ross, how are the alterations on your 58 going?

I wish I could help, but the registrations part is down to Rick alone, I can't help there. I know Rick has been in some sort of trouble for 1.5 years now, he rarely turns up to the forum, but it's a shame that registrations slip away too as the forum needs new members to keep alive. I can always post your photos for you, but it would be nice to have your own membership. Where did you find the 54 - was it Kittlemeiers ? Dare I ask how much you paid ?
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Congrats Steve

Know you were worried! Delighted its a "real" one -{
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    Congrats Steve

Know you were worried! Delighted its a "real" one -{

And "spectacular"!

Thanks.
    Wow, the eBay one sold for £620! Someone really wanted that !
    Another 52 appeared on eBay (which was altered to a size 48-50) and just sold for $1001. :o

The buyer is someone who bid on but didn't win the damaged 52 that sold on Nov 28th. Looks like he was determined to win it this time!

So that's 4 Dunhill Layer Cake jackets in around 4 months to pop up for sale. Un-freaking-believable!

Now if the same could happen with the CR Armani Jacket. :))
  • GSGS Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    I was the lucky one, far more than I was hoping to pay but that's always the case. I've now completed my personal DC jacket trinity (once it arrives) of the Moncler Cezanne from GWTDT the Rag & Bone Chelsea and now this. I can't wait to get it and my apologies to anyone else who was bidding, I was disappointed not to have won the last one but it seems this one has already been tailored to my size. Good luck to all of you still hunting I think the last few weeks show that these rare items do appear from time to time.
    Grant
    GS wrote:
    I was the lucky one, far more than I was hoping to pay but that's always the case. I've now completed my personal DC jacket trinity (once it arrives) of the Moncler Cezanne from GWTDT the Rag & Bone Chelsea and now this. I can't wait to get it and my apologies to anyone else who was bidding, I was disappointed not to have won the last one but it seems this one has already been tailored to my size. Good luck to all of you still hunting I think the last few weeks show that these rare items do appear from time to time.
    Grant

Grant, congrats on the jacket. {[]

You must have been sweating bullets when that other bidder matched your winning bid. I was expecting the jacket to go for more in the end.

Glad its already tailored to your size. Mine is a little big, but I don't think I could have the heart to alter it. I think it fits me better than Dougray Scott's Dunhill jacket fits him, so I'm okay with it. :))

I do hope you are in the US or using a proxy service, because customs charges from eBays global shipping program seem much too high.

Steve
    Thanks Steve, sadly I'm in the UK so will probably use Bonvu which I've always had a good service from. Fortunately I was asleep when the bidding ended otherwise I would have been! I was thrilled to wake up to winning this morning half expecting I was going to lose it.
    Remember to post photos. There isn't one photo of someone wearing a Dunhill or here or FJ. All that money and no show :)
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,414Chief of Staff
    CRB wrote:
    Remember to post photos. There isn't one photo of someone wearing a Dunhill or here or FJ. All that money and no show :)

Good call...would love to see pictures -{
    YNWA 97
    Congrats GS!!!!

I am now patiently waiting 10 years for another 54 to turn up. Surely there will be no more for a long time! 4 turning up over the last few months has been crazy after all these years :))

Plus 1 on pics!!
    Thanks Paul... Noted on the photos; just a matter of waiting for it to turn up now.... and telling my wife! 8-)

Hopefully your wait won't be long when people realise what they are now selling for.
    GS wrote:
    Thanks Paul... Noted on the photos; just a matter of waiting for it to turn up now.... and telling my wife! 8-)

Hopefully your wait won't be long when people realise what they are now selling for.

Haha

Well probably worked out well in the end you got the "great condition" one rather then the other one - despite paying extra!!

Watched again Layer Cake a few days ago - forgot how cool that jacket is!!!!!!
    edited April 2018
    Will try to work on some selfies later. In the meantime a couple other photos.

IMG_20151129_085021101.jpg

IMG_20151129_085003706.jpg
    Anybody ever buy the Layer Cake RM Williams boots??

As a huge Layer Cake fan I've been eyeing them up for years but never pulled the trigger!!!

Wondering about sizing - looks like a minefield ?:)
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Anybody ever buy the Layer Cake RM Williams boots??

As a huge Layer Cake fan I've been eyeing them up for years but never pulled the trigger!!!

Wondering about sizing - looks like a minefield ?:)

I got some a month or so back mate. They do two types in the DC stlye, normal and comfort. The comfort have a rubber sole and soft padded inners. I went for the comfort and they felt strange at first but are so comfy now.

Size wise i am usually and 11 and bought an 11. Just to confuse you though i measured an 11.5 in the shop! I measure an 11 in C&J but always buy a 10.5. Might be to do with the thick socks i wear. To make it even harder to buy they also have loads of widths. I ended up with an 11 G. They are really helpfull in the shop and do a mail service so might be worth a call.

Picks of my sued ones are in the Daniel Craig Personal Affects thread but i have the chesnut ones now too (which look miles better in person than in pics)
    Thanks for the info Vandrell

Christ that is confusing lol

I was looking at the Chestnut comfort fit as I need rubber sole where I live!

So the consensus is you went half a size up from your CJ size??

I did try the online measure your foot thing but it put me as a size 9 instead of my usual 11 so will scrap that method :)

I read some other forums and decided to order from Oz as it works out around £210 shipped (The DC belt was around £100 shipped too)