New updated SPECTRE Taschen James Bond Archive (Compact Version)

Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
Get in quick guys, I think this may be a pricing error, but Amazon will guarantee the lowest price.

£29.24

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/3836551861/ref=pe_196551_80741591_em_f_ti

Comments

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    Nice one GM {[]
    Thanks for the heads up, just ordered my copy ...... a steal at that price
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Thanks Andy! Ordered my copy!

When the mods wanted to ban you - I've told them that one day you'll be useful and that day has come :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Gadget MeisterGadget Meister Bicester, OxonPosts: 1,972MI6 Agent
    Luckily Higgins, I don't spend my life trying to keep up with the Deaton's. :)) :)) :))

Still waiting for stock of the new Timex in UK :#
  • kaddkadd Posts: 917MI6 Agent
    Thanks GM. This was flagged in another thread so just passing on people should be aware it's a smaller version (dimensions wise) than the original. Hence the cheaper price.
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    Just a warning: I found this book on a Dutch website for 64.99 so Amazon is still a lot cheaper but this site shows the dimensons of the book as 327 mm * 245 mm * 56 mm. That is significantly smaller than the 486 mm * 355 mm * 68 mm of the original.

Edit: you beat me to it kadd, well, two warnings are better than none at all :))
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Thanks for the heads up guys, fully read the ad now and you're absolutely right. Even so I still think it's a bargain.

"There's no sense in going off half-cocked"
    Peppermill wrote:
    Just a warning: I found this book on a Dutch website for 64.99 so Amazon is still a lot cheaper but this site shows the dimensons of the book as 327 mm * 245 mm * 56 mm. That is significantly smaller than the 486 mm * 355 mm * 68 mm of the original.

Edit: you beat me to it kadd, well, two warnings are better than none at all :))

People probably don't read my posts anyway! :))
    I did {[]

Cheers -{

I agree with you GM and also think it's still a bargain compared to the RRP

I've already ordered one as I find the smaller Taschen versions easier to store in my tiny flat. I have the smaller version of the Taschen Muhammad Ali book...
    ...and Andy knows a lot about compact versions of everything :D

• HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    wow as someone who paid the real price....what a rip-off X-(
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,882MI6 Agent
    Bought one of the originals expecting a lot of new images from EON's archives. Was disappointed.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • YouknowthenameYouknowthename Carver Media GroupPosts: 500MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Bought one of the originals expecting a lot of new images from EON's archives. Was disappointed.
    In all honesty: that makes two of us. The book was somewhat hyped, but didn't contain all that many new pictures... If there will be a Spectre-on-Set type of book, I won't be purchasing the Archives update.
    Higgins, as Harry Potter once said "It's not the size of the wand but the magic you can conjour" :v
    Thank you for confirming those rumors :v

• clublosclublos Jacksonville, FLPosts: 193MI6 Agent
    The pictures were okay, and the content was decent, but for once, I'd appreciate a retrospective that doesn't reference John Cork's documentaries from 15 years ago.

Something else that felt out of place was the insertion of the author's/compiler's/editor's comments; they were placed sporadically throughout the text as if he interviewed himself. It would have worked better as prose, I'm confident that he didn't conduct over 90% of the interviews quoted.
    Just received an email from Amazon - my order has been cancelled as book is no longer for sale? :s
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    I received the same thing :-(
  • Smithers500Smithers500 Spectre IslandPosts: 1,341MI6 Agent
    Yip, same here
    Japanese proverb say, "Bird never make nest in bare tree".
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,270MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    What they said.....Ridiculous! :s

We’ve cancelled The James Bond Archives. Spectre Edition (Film) (Asin: 3836551861) from your order 026-0315840-6724302.

Unfortunately, we’re no longer able to offer this item for sale. Our supplier has informed us that it's been discontinued and is no longer available. You may find that it's still available from third-party Sellers on Amazon.co.uk Marketplace but I'm afraid we can't source stock from these Sellers......AT A GREATLY INFLATED PRICE?

Screw Amazon. Try this guys:
    http://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/the-james-bond-archives-spectre-edition/9783836551861
  • 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    So much for Amazon guaranteeing price... Feels more like a price error get out tactic... Got the original so will let the Spectre bts one do...
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    what a rip off!!!
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    007JBDCMWR wrote:
    So much for Amazon guaranteeing price... Feels more like a price error get out tactic... Got the original so will let the Spectre bts one do...

Yep- I just got that too - what a cop out. I'll keep a close eye on it - if it goes on sale again (undoubtedly at a higher price) then would be worth pursuing.
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
    It would appear that this is not released until 1st December now.
    http://www.amazon.com/The-James-Bond-Archives-SPECTRE/dp/3836551861
    -{
    Well, I knew that if Andy would post something that we'd be all screwed and p*ssed off at the end :D :D

• 007JBDCMWR007JBDCMWR Posts: 2,516MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Well, I knew that if Andy would post something that we'd be all screwed and p*ssed off at the end :D :D
    :))
    Skewered, one sympathises...

1. CR. 2. TSWLM. 3. LTK. 4. GF. 5. SF.
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,346MI6 Agent
    my order is still alive - no cancellation ............. yet
    edited September 2015
    Damn you Amazon.co.uk ....... But have now covered the bases and ordered from .com
  • agent 00agent 00 Univex Station L Netherlands Posts: 340MI6 Agent
    Got the same mail......disappointing now you can reorder not for 30,99 but 41,99 only 11 pounds more.
    Where is your lowest price guarantee now Amazon for all who preordert?
    Jan

" Sono Topolino, e tu chi saresti? ".
    http://www.facebook.com/agent00univex