Comments

• MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    For frugal, still very high... Especially for off the rack sized
  • McQueenMcQueen Posts: 138MI6 Agent
    I would not encourage those Boss suits, especially at that price. Fused and sub-par fabrics
  • cmdr_bongcmdr_bong AustraliaPosts: 202MI6 Agent
    mrgatsby wrote:
    If you're not a brand whore

OK
    mrgatsby wrote:
    these Hugo Boss suits are really nice. -{

HUH? ?:)
  • Bond_James_BondBond_James_Bond +++ Classified +++Posts: 569MI6 Agent
    Are you on commision?
    The name's Bond_James_Bond
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    mrgatsby wrote:

OK
    mrgatsby wrote:

:))
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    Are you on commision?
    Or meth?
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
    I do like Indochino's suits for the price. Made to order and great quality. Never bought one yet but so many options.

I've read the first one is never perfect and will take a littler altercations which they pay for! But after you change your measurements the next suit is perfect. Just a thought for you guys.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I do like Indochino's suits for the price. Made to order and great quality. Never bought one yet but so many options.

I've read the first one is never perfect and will take a littler altercations which they pay for! But after you change your measurements the next suit is perfect. Just a thought for you guys.

I've seen many photos of Indochino suits online. Not one of them looked acceptable. They were always beyond alteration.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
    Matt S wrote:

I've seen many photos of Indochino suits online. Not one of them looked acceptable. They were always beyond alteration.

http://georgehahn.com/a-look-at-the-nanotech-gray-twill-suit-from-indochino/
    Matt S wrote:

Definitely not impressed.
    Matt S wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Definitely not impressed.

They're not perfect but for the price and all the options it's definitely something I have used and have had success. I only have one and I spent about $20 on alterations and it looks good now. This guy has like at least 15 or 16 of them and they all look good. I'm just saying it's a decent product for the $
    I can't agree that the suit looks good in the pictures. A strange fit, tight/loose in the wrong places and I don't like the low armholes.

I can understand that not everyone can afford a $ 5000,- suit, I am one of those people, but what I can’t understand is buying 15 suits like this when that money can be used to buy a few good quality made to measure or bespoke suits that look a lot better.
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    If you have a Bachrach store nearby go check out their made to measure option.. I had a suit made by bringing in pics of the PTS suit from QOS.. Cost was around $650... They have books and books of material to browse at different price points..
  • mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    cmdr_bong wrote:
    mrgatsby wrote:

OK
    mrgatsby wrote:

HA ha, Point made. I was however comapring HB to TF regarding the pricing. Sure TF may use slightly better fabric but that's it. The constuction and craftmanship is the same. Go check out a HB store and you'll see what I mean.
    Most, if not all, of Hugo Boss suits are 'fused' rather than 'canvassed', saying that Hugo Boss, even remotely, compares to a high quality company like Tom Ford means you either have no idea what you are talking about or are a Hugo Boss salesman.

Now I might sound harsh but I'm not trying to insult you. I just think HB is quite overpriced if you compare it to other brands that offer a much higher quality (at $ 1000,- you can get a great MTM suit made for you) for the same price or comparable quality at a much lower price point.

I have a very nice black Hugo Boss overcoat that I wear in winter but I wouldn't say it compares to a coat that costs 5 times more.
    Peppermill wrote:
    Most, if not all, of Hugo Boss suits are 'fused' rather than 'canvassed', saying that Hugo Boss, even remotely, compares to a high quality company like Tom Ford means you either have no idea what you are talking about or are a Hugo Boss salesman.

Now I might sound harsh but I'm not trying to insult you. I just think HB is quite overpriced if you compare it to other brands that offer a much higher quality (at $ 1000,- you can get a great MTM suit made for you) for the same price or comparable quality at a much lower price point.

I have a very nice black Hugo Boss overcoat that I wear in winter but I wouldn't say it compares to a coat that costs 5 times more.

Hugo Boss suits are equivalent in quality to suits that retail for around half the price that they cost.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Here in Canada you can buy bespoke suits from Surmesur for a lot less than the "name" brands;

https://youtu.be/x0xAaKUuax0

https://www.surmesur.com/home
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
  • mrgatsbymrgatsby Southern CaliforniaPosts: 165MI6 Agent
    Peppermill wrote:

peppermill, I do not work for HB and i'm well aware of the fact that most of the suits they are producing are fused. Canvassed suits will alway's look better and more natural then a fused suit. Imo though, fused suits are a great alternative if you can't aford to purchase a TF. Hence the title of this thread,
    ''Frugal suit alternatives'' 8-)
    But a $ 1000,- is not really frugal is it? Compared to TF it is a lot cheaper, but that would make a Porsche a frugal car compared to an Aston Martin.

In one of your posts you say: "The constuction and craftmanship is the same." Well, IMHO it isn't. The construction is totally different.

All I'm trying to say is, for that amount of money you can do a lot better than HB.
    Peppermill wrote:
    But a $ 1000,- is not really frugal is it? Compared to TF it is a lot cheaper, but that would make a Porsche a frugal car compared to an Aston Martin.

In one of your posts you say: "The constuction and craftmanship is the same." Well, IMHO it isn't. The construction is totally different.

All I'm trying to say is, for that amount of money you can do a lot better than HB.

I second this.
    mrgatsby wrote:
    Sure TF may use slightly better fabric but that's it. The constuction and craftmanship is the same. Go check out a HB store and you'll see what I mean.

There's no truth in this whatsoever. The quality of a Tom Ford suit is among the best in the world. The quality of a HB suit is equivalent to the average high street suit. Tom Ford is up there with Brioni for quality, but the constuction is considerably different.
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    edited September 2015
    Samuelsohn is among the best values out there for an RTW suit. In the States you can find them priced quite reasonably given the quality, so long as you have access to a decent menswear store that carries them.
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    Samuelsohn is among the best values out there for an RTW suit. In the States you can find them priced quite reasonably given the quality, so long as you have access to a decent menswear store that carries them.

Samuelsohn makes the house brand for Paul Stuart, Nordstrom's "J.P. Tilford" line and many others. Pricing is favorable to some of the "entry-level canvassed" Italian brands such as Canali and Corneliani because import duties are lower on Canadian products than on those from the E.U.
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    Peppermill wrote:

I second this.
    mrgatsby wrote:
    Sure TF may use slightly better fabric but that's it. The constuction and craftmanship is the same. Go check out a HB store and you'll see what I mean.

There's no truth in this whatsoever. The quality of a Tom Ford suit is among the best in the world. The quality of a HB suit is equivalent to the average high street suit. Tom Ford is up there with Brioni for quality, but the constuction is considerably different.

Quality and price aside, those Brioni suits on Brosnan looked perfect. Tom Ford's have never been up to the same look.