Spectre London Locations For Visiting Fan

If I am in London for the day, what Spectre filming locations can I visit all in one day

Comments

• SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Lets see...

1) MI6 HQ and Vauxhall Bridge ...take a walk along the North embankment footpath and you'll probably find that a number of those parts of the river you'll recognise when you watch the film + if you pay attention as you reach Lambeth Bridge you might locate the MI5 HQ too ;)

2) Probably a SPECTRE location and certainly the location for the rooftop scenes for the new office of Malory's 'M' in SKYFALL, head for Whitehall and the Department for Energy and Climate Change (DECC), which is on the East side up near the Trafalgar Square end. It's more or less opposite the Admiralty, which is certainly somewhere Fleming or Fleming's Bond might have visited. You'll pass the MOD HQ on the way too if you coming up from Vauxhall Cross. And if you can't be at Horseguards for just before 11am you can watch the handover of the guard between the Lifeguards and the Blues&Royals - not Bond related, but one of the capital's fine - and free - British spectacles :007)

3) Kensington Park Gardens at the junction with Stanley Cresent in Notting Hill - North side of the road on that corner is the house used in production to represent Bond's flat / home address. Interestingly Google Maps appear to have edited their 'Street View' of the location, doubtless to stop prying Bond fan's obsessively eyeing up the location! Afterwards if you head for Westbourne Grove you'll find a number of Bond'esque shops including an Orlebar Brown. I'd recommend the food at Grangers too, just be prepared for a wait at certain times of the day, as there are no reservations and a very 'fashionable' crowd 8-)

4) Finish off your day with dinner at London's oldest restaurant - Rules - in Covent Garden, which has also been a scene of filming for SPECTRE, although its not clear in what context yet. The 'Bond in Motion' exhibition is round the corner if you have time on your hands.

Where ever you go, enjoy your stay. London is one of the finest cities in the world :D
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Jamesbondlifestyle.com lists One Stanley Crescent in Notting Hill as the building used as Bond's flat in SPECTRE; be advised that this is not correct.

Bond's flat is down the street from that corner, at One Stanley Gardens. It gets confusing because the front door to One Stanley Gardens is on Stanley Crescent, and the entrance to One Stanley Crescent is on Kensington Park Gardens. So when you get to Stanley Crescent, head down to the Stanley Gardens corner down the street and there you are.

Screenshot_2015_05_17_at_12_11_24_AM.jpg
  • UNCLE27UNCLE27 EnglandPosts: 1,118MI6 Agent
    Skippy is spot on.
    But for a spot of Bond retail therapy, head to Jermyn Street too.

The MOD Main Building has also been shown as Bond's HQ in previous films, as has The Old War Office Building, next to the Dept of Energy & Climate Control and opposite Horseguards.
    Jamesbondlifestyle.com lists One Stanley Crescent in Notting Hill as the building used as Bond's flat in SPECTRE; be advised that this is not correct.

Bond's flat is down the street from that corner, at One Stanley Gardens. It gets confusing because the front door to One Stanley Gardens is on Stanley Crescent, and the entrance to One Stanley Crescent is on Kensington Park Gardens. So when you get to Stanley Crescent, head down to the Stanley Gardens corner down the street and there you are.

I stand corrected -{ Duff info from JB Lifestyle has had me standing outside the wrong place!

And Jermyn Street is a VERY good call. The 'Square Mile of Style' is my favourite part of London :007)
  • blame_thatcherblame_thatcher Posts: 199MI6 Agent
    Shooting took place at City Hall which is next to Tower Bridge.

img0.jpg
  • mi6ppkmi6ppk Posts: 70MI6 Agent
    Thanks very much for all the info guys, will do my best to get round them all, If I can stop the Mrs from shopping
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,328MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:

I stand corrected -{ Duff info from JB Lifestyle has had me standing outside the wrong place!

Me too! I was standing there looking at it, and comparing to online pics of the filming, and it just wasn't lining up. So we wandered down the hill, comparing structures and ironwork, and my wife spotted it.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Shooting also took place outside my office, at Basinghall Street and Lothbury/Gresham Street: -{

image.jpg
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • eric7064eric7064 USAPosts: 343MI6 Agent
    Shooting took place at City Hall which is next to Tower Bridge.

img0.jpg

Wow that is one cool looking building. I have always wanted to visit London.
  • LaserDraxLaserDrax Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    Don't forget a Vesper at The Dukes!

(Not a filming location, but the birthplace of the Bond novels)
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Is the Shard the exterior shot of the Shanghai office building Bomd follows Patrice into?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    LaserDrax wrote:

Each time I go to London I always plan on having a drink at Dukes but never get around to it!!!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Is the Shard the exterior shot of the Shanghai office building Bomd follows Patrice into?

Broadgate Tower, Primrose Street entrance.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
  • The Bond ExperienceThe Bond Experience Newtown, PAPosts: 5,490Quartermasters
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Broadgate Tower, Primrose Street entrance

Ahhhh, Danka!
  • walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    The Mantis wrote:
    Asp9mm wrote:
    Broadgate Tower, Primrose Street entrance

Ahhhh, Danka!
    make sure to go there at night time for the proper effect! and Eva Green's favorite restaurant in London is only a few blocks away.
    welshboy78 wrote:
    LaserDrax wrote:

Each time I go to London I always plan on having a drink at Dukes but never get around to it!!!!

Ahhh... drinks mixed to order on the trolley at your table -{ VERY civilised :007)
  • LaserDraxLaserDrax Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    Skippy wrote:
    welshboy78 wrote:
    LaserDrax wrote:

Ahhh... drinks mixed to order on the trolley at your table -{ VERY civilised :007)

Alessandro is a friend, it's really a wonderful spot. Equally good for groups up to 6 or 8 or just by yourself with a good book/the morning's paper.