Music of Bond, Royal Albert Hall - 9th Oct - Brief Event Report

The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
Just wondered if any one is attending the Music of Bond Concert at the Royal Albert Hall this Friday evening?

http://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2015/the-music-of-bond/

Should be a good night and nice warm-up for the Spectre events.. :)

If anyone fancies meeting up for swift one beforehand in the bar, I'll be there {[]
"Any of the opposition around..?"

Comments

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff
    Geographically impossible for me, but I saw a similar concert X years ago in Glasgow and it was PDG, so I'd say you're in for a good night (goodnight). The presenter was the lovely Honor Blackman, whose autograph I happily took away with me on the programme- maybe you could get Fiona Fullerton's!
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,518Chief of Staff
    Again...too far for me to attend...I've seen a very similar concert to this twice before...one with and one without Honor Blackman...they were good evenings - but it can depend upon the singers...enjoy -{
    YNWA 97
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    The concert was great! :) Some very good renditions, some better than others but all very good and overall a great event. Fiona Fullerton told some fun AVTAK stories and looked stunning.

It's funny how when performed live with the full orchestra some songs that may not necessarily be your favourites actually work better. For example, TWINE and LTK were fantastic and very well suited to the vocalist.

I loved the AVTAK Suite, which I'd not heard live until this evening but have always loved.

Good to hear Surrender instead of TND and Welcome to Cuba as the representative of DAD.

A nice surprise as an Encore was an extremely polished performance of Writings on the Wall. The Orchestra and (male) vocalist nailed it! -{ As if I wasn't already excited enough for Spectre, this almost tipped me over the edge..!! :)
    20151009_233652.jpg
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,220Chief of Staff
    Sounds like you had a good time!