James Bond's London?

Hello there folks!

My name is Tiago and I'm from Brazil. For years I have been to this forum and checking continually the posts around here: full of information, news and memorabilia. I envy you guys.
I finally decided to register. Now, I'm coming to London in the first week of November to celebrate all things Spectre and Bond.
So far I decided to go to Turnbull & Asser and get myself a Dr. No shirt. Will drop by Sunspel and get the spectral grey polo shirt. In Floris, will get a shaving soap bowl and n. 89.
What else would guys recommend ? Your pro tips would be very much appreciated ! :D
Cheers!
T.

Comments

• Awilliams007Awilliams007 Posts: 332MI6 Agent
    IacobvsB wrote:
    Hello there folks!

My name is Tiago and I'm from Brazil. For years I have been to this forum and checking continually the posts around here: full of information, news and memorabilia. I envy you guys.
    I finally decided to register. Now, I'm coming to London in the first week of November to celebrate all things Spectre and Bond.
    So far I decided to go to Turnbull & Asser and get myself a Dr. No shirt. Will drop by Sunspel and get the spectral grey polo shirt. In Floris, will get a shaving soap bowl and n. 89.
    What else would guys recommend ? Your pro tips would be very much appreciated ! :D
    Cheers!
    T.

welcome welcome welcome! that's a good plan so far! I would suggest make sure you get some sightseeing done, try and get to some of the locations, most are listed over on Jamesbondlifestyle.co.uk. as far as shopping is concerned, it depends, if you're wallet is deep enough, Sloane square or Sloane street have the Tom Ford boutique, or there is the Tom Ford section in Harrods. either way, just make sure you get the best out of your time and enjoy your trip!
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent
    Hi There T and welcome aboard! {[]

Check out this previous topic for some good information.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/42936/james-bond-london-experience/

Hope you enjoy your stay! -{
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    I suggest you try to meet some AJB'ers in person. They are great and I'd love to meet people on a future London visit myself.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Bond in Motion at Covent Garden - see lots of the cars, motorbikes etc from the movies!!
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • IacobvsBIacobvsB Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    welcome welcome welcome! that's a good plan so far! I would suggest make sure you get some sightseeing done, try and get to some of the locations, most are listed over on Jamesbondlifestyle.co.uk. as far as shopping is concerned, it depends, if you're wallet is deep enough, Sloane square or Sloane street have the Tom Ford boutique, or there is the Tom Ford section in Harrods. either way, just make sure you get the best out of your time and enjoy your trip!

Thank you! That is great! Of course, sightseeing is a big part of it! I'm planning in go check out closet the MI6 building, Churchill war rooms, the wax museum (and the Bonds will be there) and the Bond in motion exhibition.

Great topic, thanks! I will definitely will look for The Ian Fleming house. I will try that too!
    I suggest you try to meet some AJB'ers in person. They are great and I'd love to meet people on a future London visit myself.

A great idea! I will be around from the 3rd to the 9th of November! If anyone is available to meet a humble Bond fan, it will be my pleasure!
    welshboy78 wrote:
    Bond in Motion at Covent Garden - see lots of the cars, motorbikes etc from the movies!!

I will, most definitely ! I heard they have a great gift shop for buying small Bond things. Can you confirm that?
  • DutchJamesBondFanDutchJamesBondFan the NetherlandsPosts: 414MI6 Agent
    Am I allowed to post my own videos as an advertisement :v There's a Word document from my own London tour in the description, have a good time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPnICaBjN00
    Don't confuse me with the other DutchBondFan, but be sure to follow his YouTube account. You can read my articles on James Bond Nederland: www.jamesbond.nl/author/gosse/
    Am I allowed to post my own videos as an advertisement :v There's a Word document from my own London tour in the description, have a good time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPnICaBjN00

You had some fun! Thank you for sharing, that was a good plan and made me feel more excited about it. You had the whole package!
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    I will arrive in London on November 5 (staying for a week). If you and/or any other AJBers want to meet for drinks or a viewing of SPECTRE please let me know.

Also, there are a few book available that discuss Bond's London and its famous locations. I have this one http://www.amazon.com/James-Bond-Location-Volume-London/dp/1901091562 which is okay but I think there are better options available.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Ola IacobvsB welcome to the house of fun :) ,a good tip from Welshboy ,no trip to London for a Bond fan would be complete with out a visit to Bond in motion. If you are going to Jermyn street ,you have a plethora of Bond shops in a stones throw .The trouble is London is so large ,you would need a lot of time .But if you are in Jermyn st ,cut across Green park ,to see where Graves parachuted in by Buck house. Cut through horse gaurds to White hall ,go right down White hall ,see Houses of Parliament, Stand on Westminster bridge ,get photo of MI6 ,get on tube at Whitehall ,go North Greenwich (O2) see the dome ,where Brosnan slid down .Get tube 1 stop to Canary wharf , see the swimming pool from Skyfall .Get DLR from CW to Tower hill ,see the bridge and the tower ,if open do the Bond rib experience down theThames ,very fast and very cold ,blimey where do you stop 8-)
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    IacobvsB wrote:

Thank you! That is great! Of course, sightseeing is a big part of it! I'm planning in go check out closet the MI6 building, Churchill war rooms, the wax museum (and the Bonds will be there) and the Bond in motion exhibition.

Great topic, thanks! I will definitely will look for The Ian Fleming house. I will try that too!

A great idea! I will be around from the 3rd to the 9th of November! If anyone is available to meet a humble Bond fan, it will be my pleasure!
    welshboy78 wrote:

I will, most definitely ! I heard they have a great gift shop for buying small Bond things. Can you confirm that?

The gift shop has lots of keyrings / art prints / posters / books etc
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    Peppermill wrote:
    I will arrive in London on November 5 (staying for a week). If you and/or any other AJBers want to meet for drinks or a viewing of SPECTRE please let me know.

Also, there are a few book available that discuss Bond's London and its famous locations. I have this one http://www.amazon.com/James-Bond-Location-Volume-London/dp/1901091562 which is okay but I think there are better options available.

Thank you, I think it's worth a try!
    Ola IacobvsB welcome to the house of fun :) ,a good tip from Welshboy ,no trip to London for a Bond fan would be complete with out a visit to Bond in motion. If you are going to Jermyn street ,you have a plethora of Bond shops in a stones throw .The trouble is London is so large ,you would need a lot of time .But if you are in Jermyn st ,cut across Green park ,to see where Graves parachuted in by Buck house. Cut through horse gaurds to White hall ,go right down White hall ,see Houses of Parliament, Stand on Westminster bridge ,get photo of MI6 ,get on tube at Whitehall ,go North Greenwich (O2) see the dome ,where Brosnan slid down .Get tube 1 stop to Canary wharf , see the swimming pool from Skyfall .Get DLR from CW to Tower hill ,see the bridge and the tower ,if open do the Bond rib experience down theThames ,very fast and very cold ,blimey where do you stop 8-)

That sounds like a full day! That's the kind of stuff I'm looking for, I will definitely do these plans in one of the days, thanks! B-)
    welshboy78 wrote:

The gift shop has lots of keyrings / art prints / posters / books etc

Nice, that's great indeed! Although I got some of their stuff from 007.com...
  • VandrellVandrell London, EnglandPosts: 324MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    Not a Bond place but if you are DC fan, Greenwich Park and Observatory as seen in Layer Cake is a cool place to visit. Better if its not raining but the chances of that are slim. Also, the Regency Cafe (where Morty beats the guy up) is in Pimlico and does a decent fry up.
  • The Red KindThe Red Kind EnglandPosts: 3,129MI6 Agent

Nice Itinerary {[] Done that boat trip! Bloody fantastic! :D
    "Any of the opposition around..?"
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    Gary Giblin's book is superb for literary London visits, too.
    Folks,
    Where do you think I will be able to find the illuminating bottle of Belvedere Spectre vodka in London?

http://www.31dover.com/belvedere-vodka-spectre-007-collectors-edition-magnum.html

Harrods might have them? ?:)
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    There's a place in Piccadilly just down the road from the Ritz that sells caviar and vodka from all corners of the planet.
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    I don't know of anyone selling the light-up bottles in the USA...
    Asp9mm wrote:
    There's a place in Piccadilly just down the road from the Ritz that sells caviar and vodka from all corners of the planet.

Thanks, I think I will drop by when I do my pilgrimage through T&A, Sunspel and Floris.

The Tom Ford sunglasses, those I guess I will find in Harrods? Are they the best option since they offer VAT refunds?