TMWTGG - Green Rolls Royce

CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,033MI6 Agent
Having recently watched TMWTGG again I was interested in the green Rolls Royce's at the Peninsula Hotel as seen in the movie. I have just spent the weekend in Hong Kong and visited the hotel and yes they do seem to have a large fleet of green RR's. They have certainly upgraded the models from 1974 they look brand new to me!

Kowloon is a great place to visit by the way and the Avenue of Stars is devoted to kung-fu celebrities like Bruce Lee and Jet Li etc.
Well worth a visit.
Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    Yep, now the Peninsula fleet consists of still green Phantoms -{ which can be booked for US$ 206,-- to pick you up from the airport.

HK became a second home for me in the last years and I immensely enjoy the illuminated Peninsula fountain when it's dark.
    The Afternoon Tea there is unfortunately disappointing (though cheap compared to any UK 5 ***** Hotel).

Another favorite place of mine is the bar at the Intercontinental Hotel, just across the street.

153043024.jpg
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,033MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    Yep, now the Peninsula fleet consists of still green Phantoms -{ which can be booked for US$ 206,-- to pick you up from the airport.

HK became a second home for me in the last years and I immensely enjoy the illuminated Peninsula fountain when it's dark.
    The Afternoon Tea there is unfortunately disappointing (though cheap compared to any UK 5 ***** Hotel).

Another favorite place of mine is the bar at the Intercontinental Hotel, just across the street.

Thanks for the info on the RR's, Higgins, I'm not very good with car models :D
    I'm in HK about 3 times a year - I can recommend Spring Deer, Mody Road for a really great Chinese meal -{
    edited October 2015
    Ah, Spring Deer, best Peking Duck in town!!!
    But the aircon is killing me everytime that I am there!

Did you know the other Peking Duck restaurant PEKING, upper Nathan Road (227) which has been closed some years ago?
    Pretty dirty - the toilet was on the way to the kitchen and the washbasin was totally close to the toilet bowl.... :D )

But the Duck was phantastic and the Chinese booze (1 large bottle of liquor was around US$ 7,--) was a must in order not to get sick afterwards :D

No, that one passed me by, maybe fortunately :))
    I always eat at Spring Deer it has become a favourite of mine - I also like Alto 88 (Italian) and Regal Palace (Chinese) both at the Regal Hongkong Hotel where I usually stay - any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
    If you like Thai Food

http://www.openrice.com/en/hongkong/restaurant/tsim-sha-tsui-sweet-basil-thai-cuisine/20158

Their yellow Curry is to die for!

And make sure to visit Rainbow Restaurant on Lamma Island. They pick you up with their own ferryboat

Thank you for the tip, Higgins, we will try Rainbow when we go on our shopping trip the week before Christmas - we love walking down Canton Road that time of year and visiting our favourite store, Lane Crawford. Van Cleef and Arpels are on Canton Road as well for fans of DAF, though I think the motto there is "If you have to ask the price you can't afford it!" :))
    Sounds lovely, CHB.

I am sure that you know Tim Ho Wan

http://www.vice.com/read/a-visit-to-the-cheapest-michelin-starred-restaurant-in-the-world-998

And if you haven't been there, I can recommend to visit Sham Shui Po, that's Hong Kong how it was 25 years ago when I have been there for my first time.

Don't go to Tim Ho Wan there - very dirty! - the shop in IFC I can recommend!

• danjaq_0ffdanjaq_0ff The SwampsPosts: 7,283MI6 Agent
    I have some Cha Siu Bao in my freezer, I know what is on my menu for tonight :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    My question is, Do they allow green trainers in to a green Rolls Royce ? :p
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    I suspect that I have missed out on some past thread about green trainers but no I would imagine that green trainers are not acceptable anywhere let alone in a RR from The Peninsular Hotel :)) now I offer my apologies (and sympathy) to all those who have green trainers :D
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    The green trainers is a joke " everyone directs at Higgins", I'm sure you'll see
    a picture of the offending footwear at some point. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Not sure how the translator works, but here is an interesting article on the topic in a german magazine:

http://www.spiegel.de/stil/rolls-royce-fuhrparkmanager-der-schraubschluessel-zur-macht-a-1071152.html

image-933779-galleryV9-qzyw-933779.jpg
    image-933783-galleryV9-jnjm-933783.jpg
    image-933789-galleryV9-yydq-933789.jpg