Daniel Craig and Feminism

Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
Craig recently had made a number of feminist comments.

He retorted back at an interviewer scrutinizing Monica Bellucci's age.
He made comments that Bond, charm aside, was a misogynist
He appeared in a video with Judi Dench about a number of womens issues in which he crossed dressed.

Im personally happy that Craig is using his platform (and the recent Spectre hype) promote a positive message. And Craig is the lucky kind of employee who can say whatever he wants to because he's too valuable to EON to let go. Not everyone has freedom of speech at their job.

Comments

• Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    We need to get rid of Feminism and menisit. Even though the latter was primarily a joke to aggravate feminists.

All they do is push people away. For example Jennifer Lawrence saying there's a huge pay gap in Hollywood. While she sits on $60 million dollars. She's currently filming a movie called "passengers." She's getting $8 million more than Chris Pratt is and he's her co-star. But I don't hear him complaining.

Another thing while I finish off. Don't you have to register for the draft to even vote in the States? But women don't? Seems fair?

I work in a production environment, I work with inks, heavy machinery, chemicals that can affect your health and are poisonous to the environment. Yet four women work there, in the office. They have extra days off, get shopping delivered to work, don't wear uniform and get paid more than the majority of the men.

Equal pay is fair if both men and women can do the same job effectively. But I think it's a tad OTT when these high paid millionaire actors complain they aren't getting "fair" pay. Try living like the majority, they'd soon change their mind.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    edited October 2015
    https://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w

hqdefault.jpg

How times have changed ! ............ Today that would be filmed in colour ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • CoolHandBondCoolHandBond Mactan IslandPosts: 6,193MI6 Agent
    https://youtu.be/LS37SNYjg8w

hqdefault.jpg

How times have changed ! ............ Today that would be filmed in colour ;)

:)) :)) :)) :))
    Yeah, well, sometimes nothin' can be a real cool hand.
    Harry Enfield. Absolute classic :)).
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    Agreed -{
    Whenever I hear some bloke going on about how women can't do
    This or that. I always think of that sketch. :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • jalconjalcon Posts: 25MI6 Agent
    I think Craig needs to shut up and be a little more alpha personally. He's come off as a bit of a baby the last few weeks. Just saying.
    I think Daniel has yet to develop, the showbiz skill of telling porkies.
    If he feels shagged out, he says so :))
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    jalcon wrote:
    I think Craig needs to shut up and be a little more alpha personally. He's come off as a bit of a baby the last few weeks. Just saying.

Speaking your mind (and not worrying about critics) sounds pretty alpha to me.

+1 {[]
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Absolutely_CartAbsolutely_Cart NJ/NYC, United StatesPosts: 1,740MI6 Agent
    jalcon wrote:

• chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    jalcon wrote:

I'm a Beta male & I'll kick a*s in a real fight.
    Kwai-Chang chrisisall
    :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    jalcon wrote:

Promoting a positive message about women is showing that's he's a strong leader, and that's what defines alphas.

His negative comments in recent interviews, however, goes against being an alpha male. It just makes him look weak.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • dick_mojodick_mojo Posts: 16MI6 Agent
    I think its an absolute betrayal. I mean, Daniel Craig called James Bond an "actual misogynist". http://www.refinery29.com/2015/10/96292/daniel-craig-james-bond-misogynist

So, for all us people who actually use James Bond as a fictional role model, and try to emulate him, Daniel Craig has just slapped us all with a massive insult.

I already thought Daniel Craig was easily the worst Bond ever. People say "oh but he's realistic". Yes, Bond is a killer. But he's a handsome and suave killer, not a sour and pouting potato-head killer.

But his behaviour lately just confirms it. He hates Bond, he hates everything about Bond, and he hates us fans who love the Bond character.

In return, I hate him, as should all self-respecting Bond fans.
    Matt S wrote:
    jalcon wrote:

Promoting a positive message about women is showing that's he's a strong leader, and that's what defines alphas.

His negative comments in recent interviews, however, goes against being an alpha male. It just makes him look weak.

Promoting a positive message about women doesn't make him an alpha. They don't need promoting, the same way men don't.

Actors need to stop getting on their high horse and talking politics. Jeremy Renner recently got slated in a interview because he said; “That’s not my job, I don’t know contracts and money and all that sort of stuff.” When talking about equal pay for actresses. Which he then had to apologise for and make another statement to appease feminists.

He got paid $7 million for the first Avengers, Scarlett Johansson received $20 million. He again didn't complain.

Daniel Craig should promote the absolute hell out of this movie. Yeah sure he might be tired. End of the day he signed up for it. He also shouldn't bash the James Bond Character. For years the Bond women have been strong characters. This isn't he dark ages. You make a movie and I expect you to sell it to me.

I don't want to hear politics, just do your job.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    jalcon wrote:

Promoting a positive message about women doesn't make him an alpha. They don't need promoting, the same way men don't.

Actors need to stop getting on their high horse and talking politics. Jeremy Renner recently got slated in a interview because he said; “That’s not my job, I don’t know contracts and money and all that sort of stuff.” When talking about equal pay for actresses. Which he then had to apologise for and make another statement to appease feminists.

He got paid $7 million for the first Avengers, Scarlett Johansson received $20 million. He again didn't complain.

Daniel Craig should promote the absolute hell out of this movie. Yeah sure he might be tired. End of the day he signed up for it. He also shouldn't bash the James Bond Character. For years the Bond women have been strong characters. This isn't he dark ages. You make a movie and I expect you to sell it to me.

Scarlett Johansson is a much bigger star than Jeremy Renner, the same as how Jennifer Lawrence has been a big star longer than Chris Pratt has. It helps the little people to have a star represent them. The pay gap is still there, it just might not always be present at the top level. Statistics show that it's still a problem, it's just not as widespread of a problem as it used to be.
    Matt S wrote:
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Scarlett Johansson is a much bigger star than Jeremy Renner, the same as how Jennifer Lawrence has been a big star longer than Chris Pratt has. It helps the little people to have a star represent them. The pay gap is still there, it just might not always be present at the top level. Statistics show that it's still a problem, it's just not as widespread of a problem as it used to be.

Yeah so now you're saying its fine for her to be paid more? But that's not equal pay? Yet no one speaks up for the men. They just get on with it.

Jennifer is absolute garbage anyways. During an interview for The Hustle, she even had the audacity to call Christian Bale "fatman." If the roles were reversed. Bale would have been hung out to dry.

End of the day, they should all stop bitching as they make a very good living.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Robbo88 wrote:

Yeah so now you're saying its fine for her to be paid more? But that's not equal pay? Yet no one speaks up for the men. They just get on with it.

Jennifer is absolute garbage anyways. During an interview for The Hustle, she even had the audacity to call Christian Bale "fatman." If the roles were reversed. Bale would have been hung out to dry.

Celebrities aren't paid the same way most workers are. Most people are paid according to skills, experience and education. Movie stars are paid by their box office value.

I think you mean American Hustle, not The Hustle. You clearly didn't see the movie. Christian Bale gained over 40 lbs for the role by eating unhealthy foods.

Sure, the people who speak out about the wage gap aren't suffering. But nobody is going to listen to the millions of nobodies who are suffering.
    Matt S wrote:
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

Celebrities aren't paid the same way most workers are. Most people are paid according to skills, experience and education. Movie stars are paid by their box office value.

I think you mean American Hustle, not The Hustle. You clearly didn't see the movie. Christian Bale gained over 40 lbs for the role by eating unhealthy foods.

Sure, the people who speak out about the wage gap aren't suffering. But nobody is going to listen to the millions of nobodies who are suffering.

I didn't say I had seen it. What I meant was, if he called her fat and said she was overweight. The media would never let him live it down. Yet she can call him fat etc. I know he piled on weight for the role. It's got nothing to do with if I've saw it or not.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:
    Robbo88 wrote:

I didn't say I had seen it. What I meant was, if he called her fat and said she was overweight. The media would never let him live it down. Yet she can call him fat etc. I know he piled on weight for the role. It's got nothing to do with if I've saw it or not.

It's the context of the joke.
    Matt S wrote:
    Robbo88 wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

It's the context of the joke.

Yes and my point is, since it's a woman saying it. It's deemed fine.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
  • DiabolikDiabolik TexasPosts: 117MI6 Agent
    Ugh.

I'm so sick and tired of people misusing the term "misogyny." Bond in many films behaves as a male chauvinist yes, but at no point does he act as if he hates women. Shouldn't this be completely obvious?

Misogyny is just another term that third wave feminists like to throw around to further their agenda, along with myths like "rape culture" and the "wage gap." Feminists, please stop blaming men and take responsibility for your own lives.
    1.TSWLM 2.LTK 3.YOLT 4.OHMSS 5.TWINE 6.LALD 7.MR 8.GE 9.DN 10.FRWL
    Bond: Pierce Brosnan Villain: Hugo Drax Girl: Pam Bouvier
    Diabolik wrote:
    Ugh.

I'm so sick and tired of people misusing the term "misogyny." Bond in many films behaves as a male chauvinist yes, but at no point does he act as if he hates women. Shouldn't this be completely obvious?

Misogyny is just another term that third wave feminists like to throw around to further their agenda, along with myths like "rape culture" and the "wage gap." Feminists, please stop blaming men and take responsibility for your own lives.

Hear, hear.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    Actually, I'm not even going to have this conversation because I know where it leads.
    Actually, I'm not even going to have this conversation because I know where it leads.
    Because you've had it before, and you were proved absolutely, totally wrong, and had nothing else to say because your arguments were utterly refuted in every way?
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,558Chief of Staff
    dick_mojo wrote:
    Because you've had it before, and you were proved absolutely, totally wrong, and had nothing else to say because your arguments were utterly refuted in every way?

More likely it's because you can't converse with people that have closed minds....?
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    dick_mojo wrote:
    I-am-right-you-are-wrong.png
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • The Debonair BondThe Debonair Bond Posts: 48MI6 Agent
    I don't think Bond was ever a role model to follow- maybe in the way he dresses and such, but he would probably not be very likeable if we where to meet him in real life.

And there's nothing wrong with that, you know? I can still relate to Bond even if I don't do half the things he does.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    dick_mojo wrote:
    I think its an absolute betrayal. I mean, Daniel Craig called James Bond an "actual misogynist". http://www.refinery29.com/2015/10/96292/daniel-craig-james-bond-misogynist

So, for all us people who actually use James Bond as a fictional role model, and try to emulate him, Daniel Craig has just slapped us all with a massive insult.

I already thought Daniel Craig was easily the worst Bond ever. People say "oh but he's realistic". Yes, Bond is a killer. But he's a handsome and suave killer, not a sour and pouting potato-head killer.

But his behaviour lately just confirms it. He hates Bond, he hates everything about Bond, and he hates us fans who love the Bond character.

In return, I hate him, as should all self-respecting Bond fans.

icantstopthinkingaboutdanielcraig.com
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
    [Post edited by Barbel]

Dear dick_mojo

Please do try to be polite: all capital posts aren't acceptable, nor was the message.

Barbel
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    jalcon wrote:

"He's not the Messiah,he's just a very silly Boy" Caig comes across to me as an arrogant, slightly petulant and needlessly uncouth in interviews. It would be nice if he exuded a little more class.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    The way I've been seeing things, employees are easily replaced and can get fired for saying the slightest thing wrong because they're lucky to have a job. I know at least a score of people who were let go from their company after decades of valuable service like it was an easy decision.

When I see people like Daniel Craig being free to say whatever he wants because he's so valuable to the company (and that it's Eon which needs to make the impression - not Craig), it makes me happy.