Rank order the end credits original songs

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
By this I mean, end credits songs which are not the main bond theme, nor are remixes/different versions of the film's title song... but rather, an original song, different from the title theme.

To my knowledge, there have only been 4:
If There Was A Man (TLD)
If You Asked Me To (LTK)
The Experience Of Love (GE)
Surrender (TND)

How would you rank these?

For me,
1 - If You Asked Me To - A beautiful song IMO, which is atmospheric and has a great melody
2 - If There Was A Man - It's not bad, and it has quite a memorable melody
3 - Surrender - I don't love it as much as most people do. It is an ok song for me, not great, not bad
4 - The Experience Of Love - Pretty forgettable really. I like the intro but that's about it
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    1 - If There Was A Man - Fantastic piece by John Barry, and great lyrics and vocals by Chrissie Hynde
    2 - Surrender - Should have been the main title. The classic Bond sound perfectly done. K.D. Lang's powerful voice recalls Shirley Bassey. Such a fun song to listen to.

The next two are far below the rest.

3 - If You Asked Me To - Ordinary late 80 pop song, and it sounds dated now. Not a bad song, but nothing special or Bondian about it.
    4 - The Experience Of Love - Sounds really 90s. Very forgettable. It has a relaxing new-age sound that should never end a Bond film.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I just remembered I made a similar thread, ranking all the songs that aren't over the main titles: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/46045/ranking-the-nonmain-bond-songs/

This includes the end credit songs as well as songs within the film like "Where Has Everybody Gone" and "We Have All The Time In The World", as well as unused songs like "Only Myself To Blame" and "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang".
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I just remembered I made a similar thread, ranking all the songs that aren't over the main titles: http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/46045/ranking-the-nonmain-bond-songs/

This includes the end credit songs as well as songs within the film like "Where Has Everybody Gone" and "We Have All The Time In The World", as well as unused songs like "Only Myself To Blame" and "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang".

Cheers! I've just replied to that.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    Maybe it's best to close this and carry on over at the other thread ?

I'll close for now but if you have strong feelings for it being reopened then just PM me -{
    YNWA 97
This discussion has been closed.