Is there anyone here who DOES think Craig will return?

DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
Because I do think Craig will return in Bond 25!

Sure he's very tired and doesn't want to have Bond on his mind for a while now. (Which isn't strange after such an intensive couple of weeks of shooting the movie.) But I think he'll defenitely do the 25th one too.
And to be honest, with the ending of SPECTRE in mind, I think it'll make sense in terms of the story to have Craig's Bond return once more too.
Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage

Comments

• Willard WhyteWillard Whyte Posts: 166MI6 Agent
    I think he will return, I think SPECTRE will surpass Skyfalls takings and Craig is now producing the films as well.
    I smell a rat
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I hope that he'll return and I think that he'll do.

Now that he's fulfilled his contract for relative small money - it's time to negotiate 1 or 2 super-money deals!
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    I'd say I'm about 70% sure he'll be back for one more...even money on a sixth, depending on time between films. More than 3 years between = just one more.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Bondage007Bondage007 AustraliaPosts: 371MI6 Agent
    I think he'll be back for one more and that's it
    2019 Bondathon...in progress (6) FRWL (7) GE (8) FYEO (9) TND (10) MR (11) GF (12) LALD (13) DAF (14) LTK (15) TMWTGG (16) TB (17) TSWLM (18) DAD (19) AVTAK (20) YOLT (21) QOS (22) SF (23) TWINE (24) SP
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    I think he will return, I think SPECTRE will surpass Skyfalls takings and Craig is now producing the films as well.

Yes the producing thing could really be one of the big reasons for Craig to return, it'll defenitely raise the chance that he will I would say.
    Higgins wrote:
    I hope that he'll return and I think that he'll do.

Now that he's fulfilled his contract for relative small money - it's time to negotiate 1 or 2 super-money deals!

I agree! He did say in a recent interview that he has never ever really done a project before for the money, and that it would never be a factor. But then again, most people would say that of course :P
    I'd say I'm about 70% sure he'll be back for one more...even money on a sixth, depending on time between films. More than 3 years between = just one more.

Yeah the 3 year thing really sucks... Wish we just get another one by 2017 !
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    I thought that he had contracted to do five.
    Gassy Man wrote:

I'm fuzzy on the specifics---something about him having the option to do five total...salaries negotiated on a picture by picture basis after the first three, or something like that.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I agree! He did say in a recent interview that he has never ever really done a project before for the money, and that it would never be a factor. But then again, most people would say that of course :P

But he also said that if he does another Bond, it would be for the money. He says a lot of contradictory things. Maybe it's a sign he'll quit acting and go into politics. :D
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:

I'm fuzzy on the specifics---something about him having the option to do five total...salaries negotiated on a picture by picture basis after the first three, or something like that.
    Ah, okay -- I thought I'd read that it had be confirmed, but the way it's being reported right now, it doesn't sound like it.
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    Gassy Man wrote:

I recall Daniel wisely saying something akin to he has a piece of paper that doesn't mean **** as it all about success and numbers. Likewise if he does not want to do it no one can or would force him. We have all the time in the world to debate the future (well at least three years). I can't decide if Daniel was clumsy in starting all this ' wifi he won't he' stuff, or if it's all a plan to create even more publicity/ interest. Also if this is part of EON's dastardly plan...
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    I think he'll do one more and then step down.
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,417Chief of Staff
    I think it's 50/50 at the moment...getting Mendes back would tip the balance further - as would a good script....oh, and a big fat cheque :))
    YNWA 97
    edited November 2015
    zaphod99 wrote:
    Gassy Man wrote:

I recall Daniel wisely saying something akin to he has a piece of paper that doesn't mean **** as it all about success and numbers. Likewise if he does not want to do it no one can or would force him. We have all the time in the world to debate the future (well at least three years). I can't decide if Daniel was clumsy in starting all this ' wifi he won't he' stuff, or if it's all a plan to create even more publicity/ interest. Also if this is part of EON's dastardly plan...

Yeah; it all boils down essentially to one picture at a time...at everyone's pleasure ;) After DAD, it was Eon who sent Brozzer packing, despite his willingness to do another one, so that they could get on with their reboot. This time, it will almost certainly be Formerly Poor DannyTM who steps away---whenever that happens.

As I said somewhere else, if it's Craig's plan to walk away after SP, I think it will be announced sooner rather than later---i.e., when SP's theatrical run is winding down, or over. The more time elapses after SP's playing out, without word from Eon of an impending actor change, the more likely that Craig will be back in the tux...after a few pints and a lie-down :007)
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    L
    zaphod99 wrote:

Yeah; it all boils down essentially to one picture at a time...at everyone's pleasure ;) After DAD, it was Eon who sent Brozzer packing, despite his willingness to do another one, so that they could get on with their reboot. This time, it will almost certainly be Formerly Poor DannyTM who steps away---whenever that happens.

As I said somewhere else, if it's Craig's plan to walk away after SP, I think it will be announced sooner rather than later---i.e., when SP's theatrical run is winding down, or over. The more time elapses after SP's playing out, without word from Eon of an impending actor change, the more likely that Craig will be back in the tux...after a few pints and a lie-down :007)

True Dat.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    Daniel Craig will make 1 more Bond Movie - I hope -...........
    I would honestly say the chance of him returning is higher than him not returning. Of course it's all guess work really, but still. Overall he seems very happy about Bond and feels blessed that he got the part. Surely he's was a bit grumpy about it all after the shoot just finished. But in general he seems to truly care about Bond and actually be somewhat of a fan himself to a certain extend. I also think EON will defenitely want to keep him too.

Or am I completely off on all of this?
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    I think he will return, and I hope he won't...
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    He's done unless they bribe him with crazy money.
    Which was his plan... :))
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • Septimus-PrimeSeptimus-Prime Posts: 13MI6 Agent
    I wanna see him do the remake of Goldeneye! I know that is unlikely but it would be epic!
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I think there's a 90% chance he'll be back for one more, a 100% chance if it's directed by Mendes, and a 20% chance he'll do two more.
    I wanna see him do the remake of Goldeneye! I know that is unlikely but it would be epic!

But Goldeneye is almost perfect as it is! Please, no more remakes. There's nothing wrong with original Bond material.
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Jag wrote:

But Goldeneye is almost perfect as it is! Please, no more remakes. There's nothing wrong with original Bond material.

Sometimes remakes work (like TSWLM remaking YOLT) and sometimes they don't (like TND remaking YOLT and TSWLM). I don't mind a well-done remake, as long as it is not a direct remake. I don't want to see another film with a character named Alec Trevelyan.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    I agree, remakes are out. I do have to say that I enjoy the shout-outs
    The DB5 in SF, Waltz's scar in SP, etc

very much!
    Are TSWLM and TND seriously remakes? You could probably say that every Bond movie is a remake of all the previous ones.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    No, they aren't. There's only one direct remake in Bond history (that's NSNA) although all the films after, say (and this is arguable), OHMSS owe a lot to their predecessors.

(eg LALD owes much to DN, TSWLM owes much to YOLT, etc. CR06 isn't a remake of CR67, thankfully)
    Barbel wrote:
    No, they aren't. There's only one direct remake in Bond history (that's NSNA) although all the films after, say (and this is arguable), OHMSS owe a lot to their predecessors.

(eg LALD owes much to DN, TSWLM owes much to YOLT, etc)

Just what I thought!
    So a couple of months have past since I made this topic, I was wondering how people feel about this now in late january?

Personally I still feel the chance that Craig will return for Bond 25 is higher than him leaving the role.

Thoughts?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I still think that DC will do Bond 25 and 26. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I'm sure he'll be back for at least one more, all his comments during the spectre build up were mainly taken out of context, I think DC is direct enough a person to say if was done.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    I will be shocked if he isn't back for the next one. Very shocked.