Spectre filming locations photos

CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
Thought it would be fun to see how far this gets - photos of the places seen in Spectre. I can kick off with this photo of what C's MI5 building looks like in real life ...

1B4F220D-5E3B-440E-A112-7A219522695F_zpswiidlbpq.jpg

Morocco anyone ?

Comments

• Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    Lol, architecturally a distinct improvement over the glass column in the film.
    Is this further up the Thames? I assume it's not opposite the SIS building, as that is a main road on the waterfront?
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • CRBCRB Posts: 483MI6 Agent
    I was stood on Vauxhall Bridge, yes it's directly opposite MI6. Turn around and you see this ...

04D649D1-F714-46C8-990C-8AF32143CA9C_zpsxx3ykrci.jpg
  • Thunderbird 2Thunderbird 2 East of Cardiff, Wales.Posts: 2,777MI6 Agent
    I'm being an idiot.

I was there in April of last year, and I now remember crossing the bridge and walking along the pavement behind the then cordoned off building site. Having been to Bond In Motion earlier in the day, I wanted follow the route along the river front to get some nice shots of the SIS building on my way back to Westminster Tube station, and then home.
    The plan was to get a nice daytime version of the establishing shot angle of the building seen at night in SF. Using trees to frame a location is a signature shot of mine.

It's perception, but that lot went up fast!

In getting a nice picture of the SIS building it's tricky getting the neighbouring structures out of the frame too.
    This is Thunderbird 2, how can I be of assistance?
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Something to prick up the ears of Welshboy and ASP9MM :D ,well last week was my 56th birthday ,and due to me having to look after my mum (my dad is still in hospital) my family treated me today to a meal at Rules restaurant in Londons covent garden.
    They did try to get me Ms table ,but it was already booked ,(I don't think the people sitting there even knew) but we had a table opposite ,so had a better view of the "film set" :) I started off in the cocktail bar upstairs ,withan ice cold mojito,(£14-00)
    then I had the steak and kidney pudding .Now don't get me wrong , (risking the wrath of ASP9MM here) :D but loved the décor ,loved the atmosphere, loved Rules ,but have eaten better , so wont be rushing back ,sorry guys ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Something to prick up the ears of Welshboy and ASP9MM :D ,well last week was my 56th birthday ,and due to me having to look after my mum (my dad is still in hospital) my family treated me today to a meal at Rules restaurant in Londons covent garden.
    They did try to get me Ms table ,but it was already booked ,(I don't think the people sitting there even knew) but we had a table opposite ,so had a better view of the "film set" :) I started off in the cocktail bar upstairs ,withan ice cold mojito,(£14-00)
    then I had the steak and kidney pudding .Now don't get me wrong , (risking the wrath of ASP9MM here) :D but loved the décor ,loved the atmosphere, loved Rules ,but have eaten better , so wont be rushing back ,sorry guys ,

Cool you finally went regardless!!!

I spent plenty of time in London last month but still failed to get to Rules - as usual I never get to do everything on my list when I visit the place!!!

Sounds like you had a good time despite the Steak and Kidney pud! :D
    Instagram - bondclothes007