My Bond themed Bachelor Party

Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
I'm getting married next month, and knowing what a massive James Bond fan I am, my friends organised the most amazing bachelor party for me. They dressed me up as Bond and led me a merry dance around Cape Town following clues to different locations where I was to re-enact particular scenes from Bond movies before I could get the next clue to proceed. Fortunately I have a number of friends who are talented actors and I will be posting a video of the whole event soon (I think I got my lines pretty much spot on.) For now, let me just say that today was one of the most fun days of my life.

By the way, as far as my costume is concerned I regard it as my homage to the Pierce Brosnan era. I have owned this particular suit since before the release of DAD, and since I was forbidden from wearing my wedding suit (which is based on Lazenby's wedding suit from OHMSS) this was the next best thing I could put together at short notice.

11202583_10153790072935746_982951711947782235_n.jpg

Comments

• always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    wow ,that's a good look ,best wishes to you both ,
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Yes, Best wishes and congratulations -{ it sounds as if
    you had a ball :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • superdaddysuperdaddy englandPosts: 917MI6 Agent
    Should have held your stag night at the Silencer and Bra Strap :)) best of luck to you both -{
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    What a great idea!
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • cheldcheld Posts: 300MI6 Agent
    << I was to re-enact particular scenes from Bond movies before I could get the next clue to proceed.

Be thankful this wasn't organized by AJBers. We'd have started you with the six Vespers on the plane in QOS. -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{
  • am747am747 Posts: 720MI6 Agent
    {[]
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    cheld wrote:
    << I was to re-enact particular scenes from Bond movies before I could get the next clue to proceed.

Be thankful this wasn't organized by AJBers. We'd have started you with the six Vespers on the plane in QOS. -{ -{ -{ -{ -{ -{

It did end up with a couple of Vespers later in the evening. My final challenge was making a Vesper for 'M' ie. my fiancee.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    You look like George Lazenby
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • DutchfingerDutchfinger Holland With LovePosts: 1,240MI6 Agent
    That sounded fantastic! :D - Can't wait to see the video!

I remember watching other videos from you on YouTube years ago, the one where you and your friends did a Bond marathon. Your friend commenting on Live and Let Die and the anticlimax of Kananga blowing up cracked me up like crazy! :))

Anyway, congratulations on the marriage man! All the best to you!
    Better known as DutchBondFan on YouTube. My 007 movie reviews: Recapping 007
    YouTube channel Support my channel on Patreon Twitter Facebook fanpage
  • Agent PurpleAgent Purple Posts: 857MI6 Agent
    Congratulations on your marriage!!!
    "Hostile takeovers. Shall we?"
    New 2020 ranking (for now DAF and FYEO keep their previous placements)
    1. TLD 2. TND 3. GF 4. TSWLM 5. TWINE 6. OHMSS 7. LtK 8. TMWTGG 9. L&LD 10. YOLT 11. DAD 12. QoS 13. DN 14. GE 15. SF 16. OP 17. MR 18. AVTAK 19. TB 20. FRWL 21. CR 22. FYEO 23. DAF (SP to be included later)
    Bond actors to be re-ranked later
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,420Quartermasters
    The day I got to be in my own James Bond film...here is the little video of my bachelor party on Saturday where I was tasked with following clues around Cape Town to various locations and then recreate scenes from Bond films. This culminated in a final challenge from 'M' (my fiancee, whose name happens to be Malory.)

https://youtu.be/mm_NO-mMKME
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    {[] Nice video, must have been a fun day.

My wife did suggest a Bond themed night for me, but when I saw the chair
    with the seat cut out, and the knotted rope in her hand, I thought I'd pass. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Fantastic Stag Do.

Lucky bloke!

Oh... and you do have a look of Lazenby. Just be careful after the wedding. Know what I mean?