Story Ideas For Bond 25

Came across this story outline on the internet for Bond 25. It's actually pretty decent for an amateur Bond fan to have penned it, named gillmank1:

TITLE: Bedlam

Director: David Fincher
Music: Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross
Cinematography: Roger Deakins
Editing: Kirk Baxter, Angus Wall
Theme Song: Shirley Bassey

Locations:
Kingston, Jamaica
London, England
The Hague, Netherlands
Zürich and Sion, Switzerland
Pinewood Studios (Blofeld's Swiss Castle)

Cast:
Daniel Craig as James Bond
Christoph Waltz as Ernst Stavro Blofeld
Martina Gedeck as Sigrid Holzmann (nee Irma Bunt)
Dagmara Domińczyk as Katarzyna
Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as Yul
Ben Whishaw as Q
Naomie Harris as Eve Moneypenny
Rory Kinnear as Bill Tanner
with Jeffrey Wright as Felix Leiter
and Ralph Fiennes as M

Plot:
Pre-Title Sequence: Set shortly after the events of 'Spectre', James and Madeleine are on holiday in Kingston. Tragedy strikes when a Spectre assassin (Akinnuoye-Agbaje) engages Bond and Madeleine in a high-speed car chase that results in Madeleine's death.

Set-Up: Eight months later. Bond's life has slid out of control, drinking and gambling heavily, and compromising field operations. He blames himself for Madeleine's death, and is even unable to look at himself in the mirror. Meanwhile, Ernst Stavro Blofeld is being brought to the International Criminal Court in the Netherlands to stand trial for his various international crimes of genocide. Despite M forbidding Bond from attending the proceedings, CIA ally, Felix Leiter, helps Bond gain access. As Bond had foreseen, Spectre has organized an attack on the Court, resulting in the deaths of several national representatives, and Blofeld's escape.

Main Story: Despite his reservations, M reluctantly assigns Bond to Operation Bedlam: trailing Spectre and its leader, Ernst Stavro Blofeld. Following a lead from a deceased East German chemist who was planning to deflect from Spectre, Bond begins to investigate Holzmann Pharmaceuticals, an international company with operating facilities in the US and UK, and headquarters in Switzerland. The company is currently headed by Holzmann's widow, Sigrid (Gedeck), a well-respected businesswoman, who is closely guarded by her head of security (Domińczyk). Sigrid is in fact a vicious sociopath, and the head of Spectre's Interrogations and Executions. Using a motherly façade, she is able to convince enemies of the organization to divulge their secrets before having them brutally eliminated. Bond soon discovers Sigrid is carrying out Spectre's current prime operation: the spread of a hybrid Bacillus anthracis, an etiologic agent of anthrax, which has been designed to be resistant to current antibiotics, via her company's prescription drugs. Spectre's plan is to blackmail various countries into attacking one another in exchange for a cure. As the countries tear one another apart, Blofeld intends to rise up, and establish a new world order. Soon after discovering the plan, the effects of the biological attack begin to show across the globe, with many dead and several more hospitalized. After destroying Holzmann's operations facility in Zürich, and combating an ordered raid of Station Z led by Yul--the assassin responsible for Madeleine's death, Bond has a final confrontation with Sigrid at her mountain-side estate. Sigrid is killed, and Bond must flee from the Swiss authorities. Before he escapes, he is able to have Q hack Holzmann's computer system, and find the deceased East German chemist's research that can provide a cure to the engineered virus.

Denouncement: Bond convinces Holzmann's head of security, Katarzyna, to lead him to Blofeld in exchange for immunity from US Authorities. Katarzyna hopes to be reunited with her family in America, and build a new life for herself. Katarzyna leads Bond to Sion's Old Town, where she has established connections with secret members of Spectre. Under the guise of bringing a captive Bond to Blofeld, the two are able to infiltrate his remote castle in the mountains. As a Swiss citizen, Blofeld knows that even if he is identified, he is protected under the country's extradition laws. Before arriving, Bond is able to send a distress signal to both MI6 and the CIA, who in turn negotiate back-up from the Swiss Government. Bond is finally brought before Blofeld. Blofeld's mind has clearly sunk into complete insanity, as he justifies his crimes to Bond, and likens himself to Frederick the Great, Nietzche and Van Gogh. Seeing that Bond will never understand his genius, and likening Bond to a stupid dog operating off his master's commands, Blofeld prepares to behead Bond. Blofeld tells Bond he should never have left him alive, and that his conscious is his true weakness. Before he can strike, an organized raid of the castle provides enough of a distraction for Bond to disarm Blofeld, who then flees. Bond and Katarzyna are able to dispose of Blofeld's men, although Katarzyna is wounded. After seeing to her safety, Bond goes after Blofeld. The two engage in a cat-and-mouse game in the Swiss mountains, which leads to a final hand-to-hand combat. Despite wounding Bond, Blofeld is finally overpowered, and Bond is able to strangle him to death.

Bond returns to London, giving M his briefing on his final encounter with Blofeld. M informs Bond that the cure has been proven effective against the virus, and that thanks to Q's hacking of Holzmann's system, they have identified the majority of Spectre's remaining hierarchy. M also informs Bond that he is to be awarded the KCMG, but Bond asks that M turn down the offer for him. Upon leaving Whitehall, Bond catches a glimpse of himself in the elevator doors and, for once, doesn't blink or turn away.

The final scene depicts 007 back in the field, infiltrating an arms fair. The final shot is of Bond assuming his iconic pose with gun in hand, and the camera zooming into the barrel of the gun just before a shot is fired off screen.
FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"

Comments

• MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
    Very good.......sounds like a classic!
    1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)
  • HatThrowingHenchmanHatThrowingHenchman Russia With LovePosts: 1,834MI6 Agent
    very nice eventhough I'd ditch the Madeleine is killed and Bond is depressive part, we had the latter not too long ago :)
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • MR-9MR-9 Posts: 15MI6 Agent
    A very impressive & well plotted, good story indeed. I'd love to see that.
  • Robbo88Robbo88 Newcastle, England.Posts: 253MI6 Agent
    I liked it. Just I think the title needs changed but other than that it's pretty good :).
    "Sic Parvis Magna"
    "Greatness From Small Beginnings."
  • am747am747 Posts: 720MI6 Agent
    Nice!
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    very nice eventhough I'd ditch the Madeleine is killed and Bond is depressive part, we had the latter not too long ago :)

Yes, Bond doesn't need to be depressed again. He's depressed through CR because he starts his job as a killer and hates it. He's depressed through QOS because he lost Vesper, but he doesn't seem to mind killing people. He's depressed in SF, and I don't know why. Is he still upset over Vesper? Is it because he was shot? He didn't seem happy being retired, but it was his choice to run away. Then he didn't seem happy to return. Then he's sad because his parents' death is brought up. Maybe I wouldn't mind another depressed Bond if Daniel Craig was better at playing it. He played happy, confident Bond much better in SP, and I'd rather he played that Bond again.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • UnderwaterBattle007UnderwaterBattle007 Posts: 284MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:

Yes, Bond doesn't need to be depressed again. He's depressed through CR because he starts his job as a killer and hates it. He's depressed through QOS because he lost Vesper, but he doesn't seem to mind killing people. He's depressed in SF, and I don't know why. Is he still upset over Vesper? Is it because he was shot? He didn't seem happy being retired, but it was his choice to run away. Then he didn't seem happy to return. Then he's sad because his parents' death is brought up. Maybe I wouldn't mind another depressed Bond if Daniel Craig was better at playing it. He played happy, confident Bond much better in SP, and I'd rather he played that Bond again.

I agree I don't want to see a depressed Bond again. I'd prefer Blofeld to try and kill madeline however fail and for her to survive. Then Bond can send her somewhere safe, then with the full knowledge of this fact he can go full of vengeance to do what he possibly should have done at the end of Spectre and kill Blofeld.

Whoever gillmank1 is I think he/she has made a decent effort though thats for sure.
    FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"
  • Lady IceLady Ice Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Main plot interesting but don't like the Madeleine is killed off part. Do people think Madeleine is a memorable enough character for audiences to care three years after Spectre if she gets offed? Vesper was clearly shown to be 'the one' for Bond so it made sense that Bond would want vengeance and that they would refer to her in films after CR. Madeleine is just another Bond girl.
    Lady Ice wrote:
    Main plot interesting but don't like the Madeleine is killed off part. Do people think Madeleine is a memorable enough character for audiences to care three years after Spectre if she gets offed? Vesper was clearly shown to be 'the one' for Bond so it made sense that Bond would want vengeance and that they would refer to her in films after CR. Madeleine is just another Bond girl.

I think she needs to be killed off. In Craig's world, no girl has yet just disappeared like in the previous Bond films. Vesper, Solange, Fields and Sévérine die, and Bond helps Lucia to safety. The girl at the beginning of Skyfall and Estrella don't really count because they're more part of the set than they are characters. Camille doesn't have a relationship with Bond, so she can just go on her way and not expect her to return. If Madeleine disappeared, it wouldn't be consistent with the continuity that has run throughout all of Craig's Bond films. They've made a point of not leaving anything behind.
  • Lady IceLady Ice Posts: 279MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I think she needs to be killed off. In Craig's world, no girl has yet just disappeared like in the previous Bond films. Vesper, Solange, Fields and Sévérine die, and Bond helps Lucia to safety. The girl at the beginning of Skyfall and Estrella don't really count because they're more part of the set than they are characters. Camille doesn't have a relationship with Bond, so she can just go on her way and not expect her to return. If Madeleine disappeared, it wouldn't be consistent with the continuity that has run throughout all of Craig's Bond films. They've made a point of not leaving anything behind.

But casual audiences aren't going to remember her character well enough for it to be worth continuing with her. Sure, they can dispatch with her right at the start to put an end to her character or just have a relationship breakdown (though if the film is set three years after SP, not sure how Bond would have been able to hold down that relationship), but I think she's a character that works within the confines of one film. She's not interesting enough to be worth persuing as a plotline unless she is incidentally related to the main story.

I do see your point that audiences are used to the idea that characters aren't simply forgotten about and if the next film is set soon after SP it would make sense that Bond refer to her. I do think however that people are overplaying her importance to Bond; he cares about her and has gone off temporarily to have a bit of fun with her but I don't get the impression that he's properly quite in order to be with the woman he loves.
    Lady Ice wrote:
    Matt S wrote:

But casual audiences aren't going to remember her character well enough for it to be worth continuing with her. Sure, they can dispatch with her right at the start to put an end to her character or just have a relationship breakdown (though if the film is set three years after SP, not sure how Bond would have been able to hold down that relationship), but I think she's a character that works within the confines of one film. She's not interesting enough to be worth persuing as a plotline unless she is incidentally related to the main story.

I do see your point that audiences are used to the idea that characters aren't simply forgotten about and if the next film is set soon after SP it would make sense that Bond refer to her. I do think however that people are overplaying her importance to Bond; he cares about her and has gone off temporarily to have a bit of fun with her but I don't get the impression that he's properly quite in order to be with the woman he loves.

My friends who I saw Spectre with didn't remember Silva when his photo was shown, and he was just in the previous film. Of all the photos, they only remembered M. After the movie, they asked me who all the others were, and they had seen all the movies. I don't think it matters whether the casual audiences remember the previous character. Do you have a problem with Spectre for not catering to the casual viewer? I'm a casual viewer of the Tom Cruise Mission:Impossible films, yet I never remember anyone other than him, yet some of the other characters are main characters that have been in multiple films. If the casual viewers of the next Bond film don't remember a main character from SPECTRE, that shouldn't be something for the next film to be concerned about.
    about Madeleine: her future will be very meaningful for where the franchise is heading:
    option 1: they bring her back, which means she's going to have to die ,which would mean another revenge Bond, too CR'like IMO

option 2: they drop her out and Bond's relationships start to become as casual as in the old days what I would prefer

If you ask me, SP markes the return of the Bond of the first 20 films and I hope that it'll stay like that and that we'll get Bond back
    "You see Mr.Bond, you can't kill my dreams...but my dreams can kill you.Time to face destiny" - "Time to face gravity"
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
    edited November 2015
    High marks for the villans plan - very good! I don't like the locations, however. Other than the Hague the locations has been used at least twice before in a Bond film. I won't suggest the country I normally suggest this time :D. Instead I say: why not place the cliniqe in the Indian Himmalyas and use Zanzibar in Tanzania instead of the Bahamas?
    edited November 2015
    As i said, I really like the villan's plan, but Madeline shouldn't get killed. In fact she shouldn't be in it. Instead Blofeld's Escape should be the PTS.

I also find your Irma Bundt too normal- and nice-looking. I nominate Silje Torp of Lilihammer:

getimage.aspx?regionKey=H1Uze%2BHsQ3Bvk7tM6SBUjQ%3D%3D&scale=100
    480x201.jpg
    looks like a guy :o
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    I cant see Lea returning to be honest even if she wants to - kind of breaks tradition

Are we also ready for another Blofeld film?? Since SPECTRE has tied everything together in the DC era I think we need to get away from it temporarily - its just too soon in my opinion since its now one big link. Think maybe Greene and Silva should have been kept separate from the SPECTRE thing maybe to give it a bit more credibility and Bond having at least some separate missions (especially Silva, Greene tricky with the whole Quantum / Mr White tie in).
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    looks like a guy :o

In some Pictures yes, others not a t all.