James Bond UK/London Fan Club Idea

Hi, Recently me and a collector friend came up with the idea of starting a James Bond fan club based in London (or possibly elsewhere in the UK).
The concept is still in development, but here are our current ideas:

- We could meet every other Sunday and discuss collecting, visit locations, do 'Bond' things (e.g. rib experience down thames...etc).

- We could also have yearly trips to Bond locations around Europe. (everyone would chip in to finance the trip)

Also a great way to make new Bond friends!

We came up with this idea as, apart from ourselves, we don't have anyone to talk about Geeky Bond related subjects such as collecting.

If anyone is interested in developing this further or have any other ideas, please comment! :007)

Comments

• Teenage MTeenage M LondonPosts: 206MI6 Agent
    Hi,I think this would be a great idea and interesting to discuss Bond topics with people who really know their stuff. :007)
    James Bond: That’s a Smith & Wesson, and you’ve had your six.

http://www.james-bondco.yolasite.com/
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Great idea -{ and I wish you all the luck in the world with it. {[]
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    Great idea -{ and I wish you all the luck in the world with it. {[]

Thanks! :007)
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    If you develop a good base of attendees, touch base with me in the USA and Martijn Mulder on the continent--we've brought fan groups to numerous locations in person and to meet the Bond stars as well. I would be THRILLED to have a group of AJB'ers and UK fans visit the States (or the Caribbean on a cruise!) anytime for a tour.

My website of events is on my signature and for 2016, I'm flirting with cruising again to The Bahamas and also Jamaica to visit Ian Fleming's Goldeneye villa again.

Thanks.
    Seven (007) James Bond Tours! Mission: Mexico!
    If you develop a good base of attendees, touch base with me in the USA and Martijn Mulder on the continent--we've brought fan groups to numerous locations in person and to meet the Bond stars as well. I would be THRILLED to have a group of AJB'ers and UK fans visit the States (or the Caribbean on a cruise!) anytime for a tour.

My website of events is on my signature and for 2016, I'm flirting with cruising again to The Bahamas and also Jamaica to visit Ian Fleming's Goldeneye villa again.

Thanks.

That sounds very interesting! Something to definitely consider. Thanks . :007)

Thanks.

Hi, For 2016, when were you thinking of doing the cruise?
    As i’m quite busy with other commitments currently, but next year sometime around March/June I am going to attempt to form a UK James Bond fan club through AJB members and so on. Knowing this could help...
  • Bond Collectors' WeekendsBond Collectors' Weekends Gainesville, Florida USAPosts: 1,883MI6 Agent
    I've been asking my groups to see if their preference is a cruise or a visit to your neck of the woods, since I have a dozen locations where cast and crew worked in Rome as well. The cruise would likely be at the end of November/beginning of December if that meets school and other obligations for your group.

Thanks!
    I've been asking my groups to see if their preference is a cruise or a visit to your neck of the woods, since I have a dozen locations where cast and crew worked in Rome as well. The cruise would likely be at the end of November/beginning of December if that meets school and other obligations for your group.

Thanks!

November/December would certainly work as by that time I may have assembled group. :)

We would definitely be open to Rome or other locations on this side of the Pacific.
  • Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    A bit off topic and I don't mean to derail this thread, but does anyone know if there is a Canadian 007 Fan Club?
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    A bit off topic and I don't mean to derail this thread, but does anyone know if there is a Canadian 007 Fan Club?

Not that I'm aware of. I'd ask around ajb.

I have never come accross a Canadian fan club.
    but you could try the International fan club the link below is for their website. :007)

http://www.007.info/

• Enjoying DeathEnjoying Death Toronto, ON CANADAPosts: 1,231MI6 Agent
    Thanks for that info. I did a search and nothing turned up which is why I asked thinking maybe somebody knew but it was never discussed here. -{
    Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
    Bond: “I must be dreaming.”
    I've heard talk of a Canadian Bond Club but nothing came of it. I would VERY gladly do a Bond event in Montreal or Vancouver or... and often ask fans if they want to do so. Licence Expired has solid Bond stories set in Canada now, too. http://chizinepub.com/books/license-expired
  • Bond44Bond44 Vauxhall CrossPosts: 1,581MI6 Agent
    Interesting idea I have often thought about the same but due to other commitments etc you know how it is etc.

We could meet in London catch a coupe of landmark sites in the morning (there is enough along the Thames alone from Vauxhall Bridge to the millennium Dome) and move on to somewhere for a decent lunch and share a few Bond related chats over a Vesper or two in the afternoon!

Keep us posted

Cheers :007)
    My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!
    Bond44 wrote:
    Interesting idea I have often thought about the same but due to other commitments etc you know how it is etc.

We could meet in London catch a coupe of landmark sites in the morning (there is enough along the Thames alone from Vauxhall Bridge to the millennium Dome) and move on to somewhere for a decent lunch and share a few Bond related chats over a Vesper or two in the afternoon!

Keep us posted

Cheers :007)

Yeah. It's difficult. :(

Very good ideas.
    I would Love to do a Thames trip in London! :007)

Teenage M wrote:
    I would Love to do a Thames trip in London! :007)

That could be apart of the plans. :007)
    Just testing the waters again to see how many would be interested in this, as am thinking of organising a London shindig in a couple months time. -{
    Though this thread should probably be elsewhere :D
    You know I'm supporting you if I can. Some of us would like to do a Rome event in 2017 with some nearby Bond locations as well.