The Spy Who Loved Me - the Real Reboot!

It may have been covered before but people keep asking where Bond can go from here?

Surely the real reboot would be to film the book version of TSWLM! Now that would be an interesting film (once you can get round the clause preventing it being filmed if that's still in place).

How many people have read it?? Weird

Comments

• HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I've read TSWLM and really liked it.

Must be the female side in me that enjoys the change in perspective :D
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,704MI6 Agent
    I don't think there is a lot that can be done with it in terms of film plot. I think the untapped litterarally bond that should be used now is YOLT. I'm thinking of the garden of death, of cource.
  • M 'n' MM 'n' M Posts: 105MI6 Agent
    Higgins wrote:
    I've read TSWLM and really liked it.

Must be the female side in me that enjoys the change in perspective :D

I agree. I found it fascinating (though a little clumsy at times)

But it certainly allows for jb to make a stunning entrance as a hero. It'd be a great role for a new bond
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Not my favourite Bond novel, but it is beautifully written and I agree
    The last third of the story with Bond is great. -{
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • FiremassFiremass AlaskaPosts: 1,910MI6 Agent
    Not my favourite Bond novel, but it is beautifully written and I agree
    The last third of the story with Bond is great. 

I enjoyed the female perspective, but it didn't amount to anything other than another damsel in distress. Basically I felt like I read a pointless backstory. Bond's character was a huge disappointment in this novel as well. Fleming had the right idea by disowning it.
    My current 10 favorite:

1. GE 2. MR 3. OP 4. TMWTGG 5. TSWLM 6. TND 7. TWINE 8.DN 9. GF 10. AVTAK
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    According to what's recorded about Fleming's legal stipulations when he sold the movie rights for his books to EON, that only the title can be used; I wonder if that stipulation still stands and and enforceable? I mean, should EON even think of rebooting TSWLM, could (and would) Ian Fleming Publications step in and say, "not so fast Mike and Babs... "?
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....