Re: Spectre replica jackets,

I'm actually impressed with the look of this...   and at that price, for real leather... not bad...  may pick one up and just dump my banana republic jacket..  (which has the correct seam across the front)...  cheaper to go this route than alter the BR jacket..  plus I would imagine with ample wear the leather will soften up considerably

It's like any purchase -  and even with originals you are never certain in quality just watch the Bond experience video on the matchless. I remember getting my original Levi Menlo and sending it back three times because of the fit and even now it's long in the sleeves - and compared to these it cost a bomb and to be honest the ones I got are of equal quality and I'm happy with my three jackets for the price I paid .   I have asked them to price me up a the Dior Homme Mr White jacket and the quantum Harrington which they say they can do.

"007 Reporting for Duty"

Vesper007 wrote:

It's like any purchase -  and even with originals you are never certain in quality just watch the Bond experience video on the matchless. I remember getting my original Levi Menlo and sending it back three times because of the fit and even now it's long in the sleeves - and compared to these it cost a bomb and to be honest the ones I got are of equal quality and I'm happy with my three jackets for the price I paid .   I have asked them to price me up a the Dior Homme Mr White jacket and the quantum Harrington which they say they can do.

Now that you've had the jackets for a while, how are they holding up? I'd be tempted to get the Morocco jacket - it's a beautiful piece in the movie - but for the amount of wear I'd get out of a suede jacket I'd be tempted to settle for the replica. BUT...no point if it falls apart in a couple of months!

cederic0011 wrote:
cederic0011 wrote:

Well I have taken the plunge with the same seller, again through eBay for payment protection purpose. Very responsive so far. The colour of the original will not suit me as dark hair, so I have asked them to do in a different colour to the same style (and not navy as have the JV jacket). Will up date you on progress and eventually pictures. Aiming at a darker Taupe leather, but lets see what happens!!!

So "matchless" Jacket arrived today from talfa-products (eBay name, links above to website www.leatherareena.com and eBay site), 11 days from ordering which was excellent. Packaging very nicely done in a special bag. Whilst eBay puts address as Chicago -the package actually came from Pakistan. It is leather, nicely lined (plain brown), but unlike the light weight Matchless jacket, this is a heavy material weighing in at 1.5 kg (just over 3lbs).  I actually specifically requested a darker leather than the Matchless version (Matchless colour will not suit me!). As you can see it is darker, but does not match the reference colour I sent via ebay which was a taupe colour - this is more buffalo! The seams do all seem to match the matchless jacket, but its a lot stiffer, unsurprising given the weight. In terms of fit good around waist and arms, but stiffness means not quite so good around chest, but OK. So for £85 including postage - you are not going to get a matchless jacket! I suspect you may find some better quality high street leather jackets for £85, but they will not match the style. It was an experiment for me and frankly if there is someone out there who wants to make me an offer (PM me - I have 34in waist and 39inch chest) I would be a willing seller as I cannot see me wearing it principally because of the colour again - otherwise I would, but you definitely would not want to wear it in Morocco - a cold winter evening and it would be fine! Usual problems with colour as looks like different jackets depending on the lighting (and its dark here!) - the picture with me wearing jacket (tag showing) - is most representative of how I see the colour (dark mustard brown). The last picture has a spotlight shining on it which changes the colour completely on the photo. In future I will stick with Magnoli and Royale for replicas! .....

Unfortunately sending a colour representation over an email is never going to work, what you see on your screen when you look at colours is 99% going to be different for the person the other end due to the differences in screen manufacturers, screen quality, personal or factory default colour calibrations etc.

The only way you can be sure of sending a proper colour sample is to provide professional CMYK, Pantone colour code or possibly RGB values at a stretch as a reference point that they they can reference the other side to a physical colour that has been professionally printed with a calibrated printer.

Mine is fine after a few months and have worn it a bit with no problems . I really like it.

They also did me a Harrimgton replica and dior replica.

The Harrington is great but was a bit disappointed with the Dior. -mainly as they could get the right material which they are sorting out.

But the leather ones are spot on and great.

Apparently they do shirts / suits as well and am waiting for some material pics before ordering

Hope that helps

"007 Reporting for Duty"

My Morocco replica arrived today - 5 days after ordering! I also ordered from Talfa/Leather Areena via ebay.

I was quite worried at first because I had asked the length to be shortened to match the Matchless original (other measurements were as-is from the XS showing in their size chart - make sure to check them as these run large). I assumed that the speed of delivery meant they just grabbed one off the shelf and didn't alter it.

When I opened the package - wow. Fantastic quality real suede and very well constructed. I can see wearing this for years. I was absolutely blown away by the quality. I've not seen a Matchless in person so I can't comment on specifics in terms of comparison but for the price this is nothing short of incredible.

So first the bad: there is a small blemish on the front of one of the arms, almost like a tiny cigarette burn (it's too small for that). The suede is worn down in a circle maybe two mm across. There are a couple of grey marks on the suede, almost like from a pencil, but like the other flaw they're only noticeable if you go over the jacket up close. Having had suede before I realize I'll get marks on it anyway.

I have to work on the collar to get it to sit the way I want (perhaps with steam). I asked that the length be shortened by two inches and it looks like a slight angle down from the front to the back when looking at it from the side, but very subtle so I don't think anyone would notice. Some details are not accurate - the seams on the top of the shoulders "open" for a SA look, but the ones on the arms and back are sewn shut. That doesn't bother me but I know it would some, as would the pockets being slightly different. Apparently the Matchless suede is lighter, but this doesn't seem heavy to me - it feels like "regular" suede.

Shipping was incredibly fast and the jacket was well packed. I did have to pay $23 duty which I didn't expect, but it's still very inexpensive.

The good: company was very responsive, and they sent me pictures of the different colours of suede when I asked for more of a stone colour (I went with the original anyway). Measurements are listed on their ebay listings so it's very easy to check against the original. Shipping was faster than many items I've gotten from the States, and mind-boggling when you consider that they altered a jacket. Nice little touches like suede in the armpits inside the jacket, and a cell phone pocket in addition to the two interior pockets.

I really can't recommend this enough. Dappered says that "cheap suede always looks better than cheap leather" so I felt comfortable taking a risk on this jacket. I think there's enough positive reviews now to set people's minds at ease.

I will agree... as I picked up one as well...  ONLY issue I had was that it shed very fine suede "dust" for the first week or so..  I actually vacuumed the jacket to get it all off..  otherwise it left fine suede pieces on my trousers and my Magnolia polo  ajb007/crap    Its ok now tho..  Was a welcomed budget edition to the wardrobe....   Now if I can only get my hands on the Royale "Mr. White" jacket !  (just in time for summer in the south  ajb007/lol  )

Got mine talfa replica on tonight in fact as out. He did me a nice Harrington replica as well from quantum . I asked for a mr white replica which they did but could t get the right material which was disappointing. I wonder whether if a few people asked they could do some and source the material.  I wa really impressed with my jackets from them.

On a slightly different note it's worth checking out a site called Itailor they do custom made shirts at very good prices and have a very similar material to the Bahamas shirt.

"007 Reporting for Duty"

Hi, I'm thinking of going for one of the JV alternatives but am interested in getting a good "slim fit" - has anybody got one and how does the fit work in terms of being "fitted" Also is the colour black or dark navy, how is the "stiffness" and weight compared to original?

Thanks for any info

I can't comment on the JV alternative but a couple of notes about the Matchless alternative...

Some people mentioned that it was a "heavier" jacket...I haven't seen the original; but this seemed to me to be "regular" suede. But I noticed that there were shoulder pads in the jacket. Looking at pics of the original I don't think that they have shoulder pads (although these were fairly light) but regardless it's not a good look for me based on my shoulders.

I opened up the seams of the lining to take the shoulder pads out and found that there was...insulation between the suede and the lining. Not heavy, but it would certainly make the jacket wear warmer. I took that and the shoulder pads out and the jacket hangs better and seems lighter now.

I'd guess that anyone ordering one of these jackets would want to request that they make it without either. I'm sure one of the people that ordered the JV replica could comment if it was constructed the same way.

As for "slim fit", there are as many opinions about what that means as there are people who order the jackets. I'd suggest just send in the measurements for the slimness that you would find appropriate for yourself.

explore007 wrote:

Hi, I'm thinking of going for one of the JV alternatives but am interested in getting a good "slim fit" - has anybody got one and how does the fit work in terms of being "fitted" Also is the colour black or dark navy, how is the "stiffness" and weight compared to original?

Thanks for any info

I'm with you buddy, been considering a JV alternative too from talfa-products / leatherareena.com but same as you I want to make sure it's a good slim fit - I have found the sizing chart a little confusing.

Going by their chart I should order a small as my chest is just under 36", but the result would be a jacket chest that would be a 42" which would hang very loose. So to make it snug I don't know if I'm better to base my decision on a jacket chest of 38" which would mean getting an XXS!!

Murder | Employment.

I am interested in the Morocco jacket from Talfa and have looked at the size guide and it says that with a 42" chest, I should order a large. I was hoping someone could tell me how fitted the jacket would be at that size or if I should size down.

Thanks!

You can always buy larger and get it tailored locally to get the "slim" fit

esk1020 wrote:

I am interested in the Morocco jacket from Talfa and have looked at the size guide and it says that with a 42" chest, I should order a large. I was hoping someone could tell me how fitted the jacket would be at that size or if I should size down.

Thanks!

I have a 41" chest and I ordered an extra small. It fits great, although a tiny bit loose. For reference I'm 5'8-3/4, 160 lbs, 41" chest and 32" waist. I asked them to shorten the jacket length to 24-1/2" from 26-1/2" to make it screen accurate. This measurement may vary for people depending on how long their torso is relative to their legs - for instance, I should have asked for another 1/2 to 1" to be taken off.

A size large would have fit ridiculously huge on me. IIRC that size had a 48" measurement for the chest, though the jacket is no longer on the seller's site on ebay. On the Leather Areena site their size guide says that a size large has a 46" chest measurement. On ebay there were measurements for the individual jackets; on Leather Areens's website there is one generic size guide for all jackets.

My email on ebay indicates different measurements for a size extra small than what is on the website. My email says shoulders at 18" (website now says 19" for XS), chest 42" (website now says 40"), and sleeve length of 25-1/5" (website now says 24-1/2").

All to say that you should supply the measurements that you want instead of ordering a specific size.

Is there a trick to ordering from the Leather Areena site? If I select all my options I can't get the add to cart button to light up to I can select it. It's like that for everything on the site so I'm sure I'm doing something terribly stupid...

http://s30.postimg.org/3sbc32gf1/image.jpg

Hello. I am thinking about picking up one of these in the next few weeks, and I was wondering if anyone who owned one could let me know how heavy it it? The matchless one looks extremely lightweight. is this jacket quite stiff or nice and soft? Appreciate the feedback. Many thanks.

I was trying to get to their site, but the link is not working. The e-bay account is closed as well.
Closing the shop?

Ebay site is still up but the only Bond related they have is   
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Spectre-james … Swv-NWX2-e

"some men are coming to kill us, we're going to kill them first"

Did anyone recently purchase the JV alternative from them? The description says black and they confirmed by mail that it's black, yet they show only pictures of the original JV. A bit concerned about ordering even though reviews here are great.

Hi yes I got the JV jacket from them in black suede. It's nice. Although if was 12 months ago .

"007 Reporting for Duty"

Annoyingly Talfa seem to not be trading anymore on ebay. is their website still up does anyone know?

smirkingrevenge wrote:

Annoyingly Talfa seem to not be trading anymore on ebay. is their website still up does anyone know?

I have messaged them via EBAY and they tell me  are still trading..

jon_1uk wrote:
smirkingrevenge wrote:

Weird, do they have another name they're going under?

smirkingrevenge wrote:
jon_1uk wrote:
smirkingrevenge wrote:

Weird, do they have another name they're going under?

they didnt offer that info just replied they are still trading ..

Last edited by jon_1uk (13th Dec 2016 19:16)

Has anybody got a Mr White jacket from them ?

"007 Reporting for Duty"