Re: Spectre replica jackets,

Enjoying Death wrote:
smirkingrevenge wrote:

This one http://www.ebay.com/usr/shawmugha-0?_tr … 7675.l2559

I'm hoping the cut is quite slim. I have no idea about the lace stitching on the back and sides. The pictures on the ebay page is of the actual JV jacket so i wait with baited breath until it arrives. I'll update once it comes.

Those bad reviews and comments about the jackets being fake leather will keep me away from them.

That did raise concerns but other members here have bought them and have said that they're very good quality. If its rubbish, it'll be sent back and i'll get one from Wested Leather.

How do you know that this is Talfa? There were so many different companies offering similar products...did someone from Talfa contact you to tell you that this is their new name?

Jacob Mortensen wrote:

Perfect, I couldn't find their new trading name myself and they became non-responsive on the old profile in the middle of my inquiries. Thank you.

i emailed TAlfa and they gave me this address.

My jacket has arrived, its absolutely terrible. No zips on the sleeves, sizing and fit is fine on the top half but its too small on the bottom so can’t zip it up. Plus it’s too long. Definitely not leather, its seems like some rubbery pretend suede and its just awful. nothing like the pictures on the eBay auction at all. Have asked for a refund. if they ignore me, i’ll go straight to paypal. BE WARNED!

smirkingrevenge wrote:

My jacket has arrived, its absolutely terrible. No zips on the sleeves, sizing and fit is fine on the top half but its too small on the bottom so can’t zip it up. Plus it’s too long. Definitely not leather, its seems like some rubbery pretend suede and its just awful. nothing like the pictures on the eBay auction at all. Have asked for a refund. if they ignore me, i’ll go straight to paypal. BE WARNED!

Sorry to hear about that but I'm not surprised based on all the terrible reviews I have read about them.

Can't say I'm not surprised. Hope you get a full refund and don't forget to give them a bad review as well. Hopefully if enough people do so, it'll stop others from wasting time/money on these jokers.

Pussy Galore: “My name is Pussy Galore.”
Bond: “I must be dreaming.”

Yes. I've spoken to them. They have given me an american address to send it back to.  Which is a bit wierd. Will send it tracked.  If they give me any grief I'll just go straight to paypal.  Then I'm going to order one from Wested.  They're only 20 mins in the train. Might go and pick one up so i can try on first. Easy peasy.

That's a shame,  as canoe2 says on his site those replicas really are buyer beware!  I tried 3 times to get something as close as possible,  Zara faux suede, second hand from eBay (badly described) and a river Island one which was OK but had far more stitching detail and just didn't fit right,  in the end I bought a wested one a couple of weeks ago....it's superb.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

Chriscoop wrote:

That's a shame,  as canoe2 says on his site those replicas really are buyer beware!  I tried 3 times to get something as close as possible,  Zara faux suede, second hand from eBay (badly described) and a river Island one which was OK but had far more stitching detail and just didn't fit right,  in the end I bought a wested one a couple of weeks ago....it's superb.

Oh excellent.  Could you possibly post a few pictures? Does it have the lace stitching? Or just plain? What is the fit like?

smirkingrevenge wrote:
Chriscoop wrote:

Oh excellent.  Could you possibly post a few pictures? Does it have the lace stitching? Or just plain? What is the fit like?

My mistake,  I got the morrocco,  I've just remembered you wanted the jv.

It was either that.....or the priesthood

Oh yes. Ok. No worries.  Glad its superb though.  I'll go to wested and get one. Easier than getting the wrong size in the post!

Sorry to hear that, surprising since other members had good experiences with Talfa.
I will go for the Wested ones too then, if you Chriscoop could post a couple of pictures it would be greatly appreciated!  ajb007/martini

EDIT: Just saw your post in the Budget Bond thread, thanks for sharing.

The thing that really annoyed me is that i went to all the trouble of getting measured for the jacket, sleeves etc, as i’ve got short arms and regular large jackets always have arms that are too long. And then they just went and sent me a regular small size, which was massive in the chest, tiny around the waist and the arms were too long. Plus, i gotta say, I have no idea what it was made of, but it definitely wasn’t suede. And when i initially emailed to say, there are no zips on the sleeves, they sent an email back saying there was. I just threatened them with Paypal and they were suddenly very accommodating. I’m going to go to Wested at the end of March when the weather is a little warmer. The i can try a few on and know what size to get. it’s only 20 mins on the train for me.

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The reason that I asked where you got the new name from was because Talfa was based out of Mississauga, Ontario (just beside Toronto) and not the US. In fact, when I googled Talfa and Leather Areena I could even google street view the owner's house. Good luck with getting this resolved.

thelordflasheart wrote:

Sorry to hear about the trouble. The reason that I asked where you got the new name from was because Talfa was based out of Mississauga, Ontario (just beside Toronto) and not the US. In fact, when I googled Talfa and Leather Areena I could even google street view the owner's house. Good luck with getting this resolved.

Ahh..OK, that's interesting. It came from Pakistan, but they wanted me to send it back to the US. I wonder if they've been bought out by another company perhaps...

Baron Boutique have starting making a replica of the Morocco Jacket

http://www.baronboutique.com/bond_match … acket.html

smirkingrevenge wrote:

The thing that really annoyed me is that i went to all the trouble of getting measured for the jacket, sleeves etc, as i’ve got short arms and regular large jackets always have arms that are too long. And then they just went and sent me a regular small size, which was massive in the chest, tiny around the waist and the arms were too long. Plus, i gotta say, I have no idea what it was made of, but it definitely wasn’t suede. And when i initially emailed to say, there are no zips on the sleeves, they sent an email back saying there was. I just threatened them with Paypal and they were suddenly very accommodating. I’m going to go to Wested at the end of March when the weather is a little warmer. The i can try a few on and know what size to get. it’s only 20 mins on the train for me.

Wested are a long way from the Station. You might need a cab.

UNCLE27 wrote:
smirkingrevenge wrote:

Wested are a long way from the Station. You might need a cab.

Yes i noticed that! Thanks though, i was thinking it would be nice to walk, but when i looked on Google Maps, it seemed quite remote and i might get lost. I'm sure it won't be that much. Thanks man.

Got my refund from the ebay seller. Now it's back to the drawing board. Was going to go to Wested tomorrow to try on a few sizes but they don't have them in stock. Back to the drawing board.

smirkingrevenge wrote:

Got my refund from the ebay seller. Now it's back to the drawing board. Was going to go to Wested tomorrow to try on a few sizes but they don't have them in stock. Back to the drawing board.

Could you not drop into Wested and get it MTM? I was also thinking of going to them good to know they do not hold stock on site. I bought a menlo from them few years back great jacket but picked a real one up in the end as well so sold it on.

Cheers  ajb007/bond

My name is Bond, Basildon Bond - I have letters after my name!

They just don't have it in stock at the moment. I could get it MTM from them yes. I had a Layer Cake from them a few years ago, but i sent it back. Sizing was very wrong. Shame. But it's on the back burner for a month at least. The whole ebay thing put me off for a while.  ajb007/rolleyes

I found both suede jackets on Amazon. Both were made of nice suede with proper details and came from Pakistan. Couldn't be happier. I had to have the sleeves on the Morocco jacket shortened slightly. Overall I was impressed for the price

jbholsters wrote:

I found both suede jackets on Amazon. Both were made of nice suede with proper details and came from Pakistan. Couldn't be happier. I had to have the sleeves on the Morocco jacket shortened slightly. Overall I was impressed for the price

Can you please specify which dealer/store? I was overwhelmed when I looked on Amazon and thoroughly discouraged by the negative reviews of the replica suppliers. I was considering this and was wondering if anyone had feedback:

https://www.amazon.com/World-Leather-Di … &psc=1

your link was for a Skyfall jacket.  What I got were the 2 suede jackets from SPECTRE.  Here are the links to the ones I got.

Mine looked way nicer than the one in the photo.  Arrived within a week or so.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0189 … &psc=1

I'll have to link the other one later.  Amazons order history lookup is acting up right now.

OK I got it working.

jbholsters wrote:

OK I got it working.

Thanks for your response. I was looking for a replica of the Skyfall jacket and was wondering if anyone had had any experience with this seller.............I appreciate your feedback regarding the Spectre replicas - I have been apprehensive about considering any sellers when they display  the authentic piece on which the replica is based online.

I have heard many prominent posters here, like Matt S of Bondsuits.com, warning to stay away from such sellers. Would you consider posting photos of your purchases?