Tom Ford Solden pants, alternatives?

Lee JohnLee John Beautiful British Columbia Posts: 90MI6 Agent
Forgive me if this has already been asked, but I m interested in acquiring a pair of the Solden pants, however without the Tom Ford price. Does anyone here have any suggestions where I could find military pleated pants with stirrups on the legs? They are such weird pants but I love how the pants tuck into the socks, very old fashioned. Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards,

Lee

Comments

• Bond H. BondBond H. Bond Cal USAPosts: 36MI6 Agent
    I have been looking for this too. I settled on some pants that have a similar fit but don't have all the features of the Tom Ford pants.

Some people (I think it was on AJB) liked these:
    http://www.barneys.com/moncler-brushed-twill-stirrup-pants-503933593.html

Personally I purchased and really liked these:

http://www.uniqlo.com/us/product/men-lemaire-wool-blended-cashmere-relaxed-pants-164786.html#69~/men/featured/uniqlo-and-lemaire/pants/~

Be sure to look at the model images for fit because they are loose at the top and slim at the ankles. There are no belt loops but there is a drawstring (like sweat pants) inside the waist. They are pleated, have one back pocket and two side pockets, no flaps covering the side pockets though. I added some stirrups myself to the ankles I think any tailor can do so if you go in with pictures of what you want.

I picked them up in Navy and Black and the two colors are only slightly off. In bright sunlight the pants look navy.
    The name is Bond, Hydrogen Bond....
  • Lee JohnLee John Beautiful British Columbia Posts: 90MI6 Agent
    edited December 2015
    Thank you very much! Unfortunately they have no mediums left. Those would be perfect though.
    Lee John wrote:
    Thank you very much!

You're very welcome. :)

In regards to the Uniqlo pants the price online now is much lower than what I paid and I ordered a second set. They are very warm too if you were looking for that but they are itchy as they are not fully lined.

No experience with the Moncler pants but the quality is probably much more substantial.
    Lee John wrote:
    Thank you very much! Unfortunately they have no mediums left. Those would be perfect though.

for what its worth, Uniqlo mentioned a restock this december. I would venture to guess it will be closer to the Christmas holiday season or after. I would keep an eye on this periodically (I've seen them randomly restock online over the last month) if they fit the bill. (It was a limited designer collaboration so the pieces aren't a regular stock item.)

for the barney's pants. your best option would be to call one up and ask if they have any inventory they're aware of.