Holdalls

HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
I'm looking for a nice weekend bag and wondered if anyone on the forum had any recommendations, I'm looking at spending somewhere around $400AUD/$300USD/£200.

I quite like the Filson waxed cotton bags but they're a bit rich for me after postage so Australia. My previous bag just deteriorated so I'm looking for something of notable quality if I can get it within my budget.

Just plain standard colours, greens, blues, brown, black, easy zipper to get in and out of the main compartment where I won't shred my knuckles, solid holdall shoulder strap etc.

Thought it a good time with the sales on.

Thanks

Comments

• ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I use IT luggage by Domo, I believe they are Italian. And here in the UK they some canvass and leather holdalls reduced from £169.00 down to £34.99. I've had a full set for about 5 years now and have no complaints at all. Hope this helps.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    Forgot to say try bagsetc.Co.UK for the holdall.
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Thanks Chris I'll check them out today. Has anyone identified the holdall Bond is carrying when he goes to the Hoffler Clinic to meet Madeleine for the first time?
    I'm not sure but possibly by globe-trotter. Bond uses some of their other products later in the film
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    Chriscoop wrote:
    I'm not sure but possibly by globe-trotter. Bond uses some of their other products later in the film

I was thinking most likely Globe trotter, I think they also used Hackett in one of the movies so perhaps it could be one of there's.

Thanks for the info.
    I knows m's holdall in spectre is by j crew, and there not that badly priced.
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Mulberry ,cant beat Mulberry ,I was checking in at Heathrow with American Airlines ,on my way to New York ,and the nice lady at the check in desk ,said "I like your bag" "yes its Mulberry "I replied , she gave me a wry look and said " I think we will up grade you sir ," true story ,so me and my daughter bagged 2 free upgrades to JFK ,nice :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Mulberry ,cant beat Mulberry ,I was checking in at Heathrow with American Airlines ,on my way to New York ,and the nice lady at the check in desk ,said "I like your bag" "yes its Mulberry "I replied , she gave me a wry look and said " I think we will up grade you sir ," true story ,so me and my daughter bagged 2 free upgrades to JFK ,nice :D

That's as good a reason as any to get one!

Alternatively, I have a really nice Barbour waxed bag that I love. They're pricey, but often on sale if you dig around.