Pierce Brosnan denies ever being in a James Bond film

sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
I doubt anyone from outside the UK will get this ;)

http://waterfordwhispersnews.com/2016/01/14/pierce-brosnan-denies-ever-being-james-bond/

He hasn't gone away you know :v

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) I heard on the radio today, his look is for a new film in which he plays an
    ex terrorists politician. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,208Chief of Staff
    :)) :)) Hilarious! Gee, I wonder who he's meant to be playing.... 8-)
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    :)) Very good indeed! "Brosnan went on to deny the existence of today’s 007 movies, claiming that the series is 'a thing of the past, completely over and done with' despite the recent release of Spectre, considered by some to be a James Bond movie."
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,270MI6 Agent
    Have long seen the resemblance, but that is uncanny.

An even more grisly joke was made at the time bearded speccy comic Rolf Harris faced allegations of a sexual nature some years ago, at the time that Adams was linked to the disappeared, namely one lady whose body had turned up I think buried under the sand. The caption 'I never touched that woman...' if I recall, a savage contrast between the two allegations.
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    Don't get it. Perhaps something to do with some Gerry Adam's quote from the past??

Could you explain, please?
  • sniperUKsniperUK UlsterPosts: 594MI6 Agent
    ggl007 wrote:
    Don't get it. Perhaps something to do with some Gerry Adam's quote from the past??

Gerry was "never" in the IRA, he was "never" involved in killings, he was "not" involved in the kidnapping and murder of Jean McConville ,he was "never" a member of the IRA Army Council, he was "never" a MI5 age.. , oops did that slip out :p

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/gerry-adams-dismisses-publics-belief-that-he-was-in-ira-354056.html
  • ggl007ggl007 SpainPosts: 388MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:
    ggl007 wrote:

Gerry was "never" in the IRA, he was "never" involved in killings, he was "not" involved in the kidnapping and murder of Jean McConville ,he was "never" a member of the IRA Army Council, he was "never" a MI5 age.. , oops did that slip out :p

http://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/gerry-adams-dismisses-publics-belief-that-he-was-in-ira-354056.html
    Ok, thanks. Irish humor... 8-)
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    I would have actually thought that this would be something Sir Sean Connery would do considering what he went throught with Cubby Broccoli and Harry Saltzman but Pierce Brosnan I knew he wasn't happy about the way he left but this is a little extreme.
    And again right over someones head .
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    :)) " It's the way you tell'em !"
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • thesecretagentthesecretagent CornwallPosts: 2,151MI6 Agent
    Well if they ever want an actor for Gerry Adams...
    Amazon #1 Bestselling Author. If you enjoy crime, espionage, action and fast-moving thrillers follow this link:

http://apbateman.com
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,669MI6 Agent
    Well if they ever want an actor for Gerry Adams...

Oh, but he's already had a "voice actor" in a little thing called the Broadcasting Ban. :D

Great thread (and article) by the way, sniperUK. It's an NI thing y'know. :007)
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Just read the article. Does Pierce have a twin brother that we don't know about? :))
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
    He hasn't gone away you know :v
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,652MI6 Agent
    It reads like an article from The Onion.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • Asp9mmAsp9mm Over the Hills and Far Away.Posts: 7,485MI6 Agent
    sniperUK wrote:

Subtle as a steak knife :v
    ..................Asp9mmSIG-1-2.jpg...............
    Asp9mm wrote:
    sniperUK wrote:

Subtle as a steak knife :v

:)) :)) :))
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,208Chief of Staff
    stag wrote:
    I've only just seen this thread. Great stuff!

Post 4 above, stag!!! :)) :)) :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,669MI6 Agent
    edited April 2016
    Barbel wrote:
    stag wrote:
    I've only just seen this thread. Great stuff!

Post 4 above, stag!!! :)) :)) :))

No doubt stag will deny his earlier comment on this thread ever existed in the spirit of Mr Adams. :))

I feel so sorry for poor Gerry Adams. His dementia is so bad now that he can't even remember ever being in the IRA. Poor lad. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • DaleDale Posts: 12MI6 Agent
    Being from N.Ireland, this is funny stuff!!

It's actually weird how much Pierce actually looks like Gerry Adams! I recommend this 'Waterford Whispers' site as it is VERY funny and isn't always confined to Irish politics such as this article :))
  • Unknown007Unknown007 Posts: 201MI6 Agent
    So who was James Bond in Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough or Die Another Day then? Also was he in Remington Steele?

Imagine if Sir Sean Connery had the same attitude?
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Unknown007 wrote:
    So who was James Bond in Goldeneye, Tomorrow Never Dies, The World Is Not Enough or Die Another Day then? Also was he in Remington Steele?

That was Gerry Adams.
    Unknown007 wrote:

That was Gerry Adams.

Careful, he might yet deny that (as well as the fact that he has ever had a beard). :D
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    "That green show" (Ogden Stiers on MASH) :))

Just used it as an example of an actor "denying" his past :p