How many more do you THINK?

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
Not hope, but THINK.
How many more Bond films do you realistically THINK DC will do?

1? 2? 3+? Or is he already done?

I think.... 1
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I think 2.
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I'm with Thunderpussy. I reckon he will do another two.
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,234MI6 Agent
    2 would be my second prediction, followed by zero, followed by 3+
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

• writingsonthewallwritingsonthewall SpainPosts: 417MI6 Agent
    Hope two, think one or zero.
    "Enjoy it while it lasts."
    "The very words I live by."
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    I have a strange feeling that he will only do one more. Probably EON will try to get him back with BIG money for another one, but that depends very much on how successfully the next one will be.

I feel, that Eon had high hopes to surpass Skyfall which Spectre didn't - so they may explore alternative actors/concepts very soon and very seriously.
    President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    Jarvio wrote:
    2 would be my second prediction, followed by zero, followed by 3+
    Nothing like hedging your bets :))
    I reckon he will do one more, though I'm hoping for two.
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
    I doubt it will only be one more, as eon haven't contacted me about taking over.......... yet ! :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • MrSwindermanMrSwinderman Dover, Ohio, USAPosts: 212MI6 Agent
    I would think two. Even more so if the rumors of Waltz signing on for two more if Craig does the same.
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    I think only one.

Unless they do BONDS 25 & 26 back-to-back in which case two.
    So it's fair to say that the majority think Craig isn't done yet

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I think only one more. I can't imagine Craig would go for filming Bond films back-to-back after his comments after finishing SP. If he did them back-to-back I think his performance would suffer tremendously in the second.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,757MI6 Agent
    I think one. But zero is a very real possibility. And as the months go on without any confirmation, I think zero becomes more likely.
  • HalfMonk HalfHitmanHalfMonk HalfHitman USAPosts: 2,324MI6 Agent
    One if we're lucky. I'm nervous that all the "he's done after SPECTRE" vapor will somehow become manifest.
  • BIG TAMBIG TAM Wrexham, North Wales, UK.Posts: 773MI6 Agent
    The ending of SPECTRE allows the makers to go either way:-

1. Craig Stays: Blofeld's look to Bond as he walks off with Swann sets thing up nicely for continuation of the Blofeld Vs. Bond dynamic.

2. Craig Goes: Bond & Swann driving off in the Aston Martin closes Craig's era & allows a fresh start with a new actor.
  • RedDawn289RedDawn289 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    I think 2 but DC is pretty unpredictable relating to wanting to be bond. One minute I hear he enjoys it the next he can't wait to be done with it.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    edited January 2016
    I believe that if Craigger were done, we'd be hearing about it very soon...the more time goes by without an actor change announcement, the more likely he'll be back for #25 IMO.

Additionally, I'd wager that the rumours about Christoph Waltz have merit.

What I think and hope are the same: 2 more, and out.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Gassy ManGassy Man USAPosts: 2,972MI6 Agent
    Two makes sense, but it depends on how long Eon drags its feet to get them done. If they can make them within the next four years, I think he will do two. But they seem to be the gang that can't shoot straight when it comes to actually getting the films made these days. If it takes longer than that, I think he will move on to other productions. The shame is they could have gotten one more film if it hadn't taken four years to finally make and release Skyfall.
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    To be honest I think it depends on the time frame between SP and B25. If the next film gets announced soon with a late 2017 release (which IMO is preferable and doable), AND Craig feels he has had enough rest by then--- maybe 2 more if the follow up is two years later as well. If B25 gets a release date of Nov 2018, which seems to be the popular opinion of most likely release date, then I really do think it it will be his last.

Flip side of the coin- and IMO worse case scenario- we don't hear anything; news, rumors, etc of B25 throughout 2016. Then I'll be willing to bet the series is going to go in another direction, and not only will it be probably 4 years before B25, but Craig won't be back at all. Pretty much what happened in 2004. Although DAD wasn't exactly the fave Broz film for many, the announcement he was being replaced as Bond didn't evoke too many cheers either at the time. This is one period in the series where I feel it could pretty much go any way. As a longtime fan I find myself looking forward to the next one more, when there is consistency in direction and assurance who will be playing Bond. But it has now been 10 years of Craig and it just feels really up in the air now.
  • HarveyMushmanHarveyMushman Posts: 333MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    how long after Skyfall was released was it confirmed Daniel Craig would do Spectre? as I read he wanted Skyfall to be his last as well.

I think he'll either do 2 back to back or none. I'm hoping for 2.

Also this is an interesting question, but how many more Bond films full stop do you think we'll get? At some point I imagine the franchise will reinvent itself but its tremendous that it has been going so long and they have made so many films .... even more so to think out 26 films over 53 years Daniel Craig has made 4 in 10 of those years. It goes to show the amount effort required to produce them now, although I am aware the writers strike a few years ago did hamper operations.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Craig's knee thing is a factor IMO. He may feel like he's paid his dues to the character & might be ready to pass the baton. If not, then he's a SERIOUS trooper.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
    Also this is an interesting question, but how many more Bond films full stop do you think we'll get?

I asked the same question a few times before. It really is hard to say, but I think it is fair to say that the films will outlive every single one of us. Quite heartbreaking to think I won't live to see every last bond film, and I'm only 30 too. Because by the time I'm dead, at 70-80 or whatever, they will still most definitely be making the films.

Would be cool if they went up to 40 bond films. So that would be 20 in timeline 1, then 20 in timeline 2. (But then what's stopping them from doing bonds 41-60 as timeline 3?)

It will end one day, but we will not live to see that.

• BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    Jarvio wrote:
    Also this is an interesting question, but how many more Bond films full stop do you think we'll get?

I asked the same question a few times before. It really is hard to say, but I think it is fair to say that the films will outlive every single one of us. Quite heartbreaking to think I won't live to see every last bond film, and I'm only 30 too. Because by the time I'm dead, at 70-80 or whatever, they will still most definitely be making the films.

Would be cool if they went up to 40 bond films. So that would be 20 in timeline 1, then 20 in timeline 2. (But then what's stopping them from doing bonds 41-60 as timeline 3?)

It will end one day, but we will not live to see that.

100% agree- they won't ever stop. As a precedent, Sherlock Holmes movies have been being made for over 100 years and show no signs of stopping.
    Agree, Bond will outlive us all. -{
  • zaphod99zaphod99 Posts: 1,415MI6 Agent
    ToTheRight wrote:
    To be honest I think it depends on the time frame between SP and B25. If the next film gets announced soon with a late 2017 release (which IMO is preferable and doable), AND Craig feels he has had enough rest by then--- maybe 2 more if the follow up is two years later as well. If B25 gets a release date of Nov 2018, which seems to be the popular opinion of most likely release date, then I really do think it it will be his last.

Flip side of the coin- and IMO worse case scenario- we don't hear anything; news, rumors, etc of B25 throughout 2016. Then I'll be willing to bet the series is going to go in another direction, and not only will it be probably 4 years before B25, but Craig won't be back at all. Pretty much what happened in 2004. Although DAD wasn't exactly the fave Broz film for many, the announcement he was being replaced as Bond didn't evoke too many cheers either at the time. This is one period in the series where I feel it could pretty much go any way. As a longtime fan I find myself looking forward to the next one more, when there is consistency in direction and assurance who will be playing Bond. But it has now been 10 years of Craig and it just feels really up in the air now.

I agree with you, time is a crucial factor. I also think it was dumb/clumsy to allow all the speculation to take hold. I think it undermined SP particularly in the US where my chums tell me "if you don't want to do it in don't need to see it" was a factor in the reception. I'm pretty much agnostic re Daniel doing more, what I don't want is more Blofeld/ who cares! and particularly not more of a sleepwalking Waltz. I can see more risk in replacing the actor at this stage, so one more at most. SP was Daniel's best performance but for me still after four films, not quite fully formed (lacks a bit of panache/gravitas) I also agree that the knee injury was more serious than first thought (I was much more aware of stuntman use of doubles in this one) If he does hang up the Walther he can do so with pride in my view, while never quite the full package for me at least he has some qualities and highlights that rightly rank as some of the best, particularly in CR.
    Of that of which we cannot speak we must pass over in silence- Ludwig Wittgenstein.
    I want, nay, need a 5th from him, posssibly a 6th too, but I'd settle for just a 5th. With Blofeld back, I want that garden of death filming.

Jarvio wrote:
    Quite heartbreaking to think I won't live to see every last bond film, and I'm only 30 too. Because by the time I'm dead, at 70-80 or whatever, they will still most definitely be making the films.

Ha, being in a similar age like Barbel and Acacia Avenue, we can call ourselfs lucky if we live long enough to find out, who's following Craig :D

I think you guys will be lucky to see Bond 25 ! :p :D
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    I honestly think he will do only one more unless he does back to back which I find unlikely.

Surely its getting to a point that he is getting bored with it and will want more freedom to do other movies
    Instagram - bondclothes007
    I think you guys will be lucky to see Bond 25 ! :p :D

We are all booked for a public viewing in Barbel's nursing home :D

• ACACIA_AVENUEACACIA_AVENUE UKPosts: 1,774MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    Higgins wrote:
    Jarvio wrote:
    Quite heartbreaking to think I won't live to see every last bond film, and I'm only 30 too. Because by the time I'm dead, at 70-80 or whatever, they will still most definitely be making the films.

Ha, being in a similar age like Barbel and Acacia Avenue, we can call ourselfs lucky if we live long enough to find out, who's following Craig :D

:o
    One of us smells like a tart's handkerchief.