The future of bond film titles

JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
For future bond films, do you think they will ever use up the remaining Fleming titles? Also, do you think they'll ever go down the route of chapter titles? (SPECTRE is a chapter title). Do you think they will ever use non-Fleming novel titles for bond films? Maybe they will just use original titles from now on? What do you think?

I think that they will eventually use all Fleming titles except for 007 in New York (Although they may have a title with the words 'New York' in it, to make up for that). This may all take several years though.

Some chapter titles may be used, but not all.

Obviously they will use many original titles altogether.

Then there's other potential titles, that are original titles based on Fleming ideas, like GE and TWINE. I am hoping for The Garden Of Death, I just love that as a title and it draws me in immensely. Others are hoping for Shatterhand, which I don't mind either, but Garden is far superior in my eyes.

What do you think will happen in the near and distant future?
1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby

Comments

• Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    I don't think The Hildebrand Rarity will be used, and maybe not even The Property of a Lady. Risico is the only Fleming title left I can really see being used. I hope they go with Fleming chapter titles.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Matt S wrote:
    I don't think The Hildebrand Rarity will be used, and maybe not even The Property of a Lady. Risico is the only Fleming title left I can really see being used. I hope they go with Fleming chapter titles.

Especially since Hildebrand was used in SPECTRE

Shattterhand would be cool if and when they do a SPECTRE follow up.
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • JarvioJarvio EnglandPosts: 4,236MI6 Agent
    edited January 2016
    Matt S wrote:

I think they could easily be used. They just have to do it the right way.

Probably not any time soon though, because of the whole QOS audience confusion.

But "The Property Of A Lady" is easy to use IMO, and it nearly did get used for the early 90's. "Risico" is just weird, but it could mean anything, so it could work.

"The Hildebrand Rarity" would be more difficult I admit. But it's do-able. And for the sake of completion, I really want them to use these 3. Honestly not bothered about 007 in New York though, which is objectively a terrible title.

I would have liked them to use "Colonel Sun", as it was the first ever non-Fleming bond novel, and the only one for many years. But because of Colonel Moon in DAD, it probably won't happen.
    1 - LALD, 2 - AVTAK, 3 - LTK, 4 - OP, 5 - NTTD, 6 - FYEO, 7 - SF, 8 - DN, 9 - DAF, 10 - TSWLM, 11 - OHMSS, 12 - TMWTGG, 13 - GE, 14 - MR, 15 - TLD, 16 - YOLT, 17 - GF, 18 - DAD, 19 - TWINE, 20 - SP, 21 - TND, 22 - FRWL, 23 - TB, 24 - CR, 25 - QOS

1 - Moore, 2 - Dalton, 3 - Craig, 4 - Connery, 5 - Brosnan, 6 - Lazenby
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    I don't think any of the remaining Fleming titles would make particularly good film titles. 'Dr Shatterhand' or 'Shatterhand' is a title that I would like to see used should the YOLT novel be adapted. Jarvio, your suggestion of 'The Garden of Death' also sounds good to me. Some decent Fleming chapter titles are:

Valley of Shadows
    The Moguls of Death
    The Death Collector
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,272Chief of Staff
    Sorry, Jarvio, but there've been previous topics opened on this very subject- here's one http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/38557/future-title-suggestions/ Closing this one.
This discussion has been closed.