18 Feb Auction - updates

Guys in england please provide us with updates here , from this auction
Its gonna be so interesting to see where the db10 goes and also how much money will be raised during this event
Cheers
image.jpg

If anyone has photos would be great to share them too
Yes i did ride the CAT

Comments

• boxawboxaw Posts: 35MI6 Agent
    There is more here if anyone is interested

http://www.christies.com/features/James-Bond-Spectre-the-auction-6986-1.aspx?sc_lang=en&cid=EM_EMLcontent0414430A_3

Hart008 wrote:
    Guys in england please provide us with updates here , from this auction
    Its gonna be so interesting to see where the db10 goes and also how much money will be raised during this event
    Cheers
    image.jpg

If anyone has photos would be great to share them too
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    GBP1 - 1.5m sounds low to me, but we'll see.
  • hthomashthomas Philadelphia, PAPosts: 833MI6 Agent
    Nice! I hope we get to see the actual Snowdon's used in the film. Will help put to rest all the confusion!
    instagram.com/dressinglikebond
  • DB6DB6 EnglandPosts: 1,196MI6 Agent
    Excellent! My wife has said I am welcome to bid on the DB10*..........

*if I have won the lottery
    My name has changed! I’m no longer dufus......now I’m DB6
  • RedDawn289RedDawn289 Posts: 146MI6 Agent
    ...oh if only I won the Power Ball the other week.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    RedDawn289 wrote:

"...and to end tonight's news: it transpires that two of the three Powerball lottery winners last week were big James Bond fans. How big you ask? Well, at last night's Christies auction of items from the James Bond movie Spectre, the two winners went head-to-head over the Aston Martin DB10. The price when the hammer dropped? A cool $310 million. The beaten bidder said he'd have to settle for the sun glasses while the winner said he was looking for a good divorce lawyer. And in other news..."
  • texas007texas007 Houston, Texas 77041Posts: 2,347MI6 Agent
    bidding is the easy part - winning is not - you are up against big money here - I know :D
    RedDawn289 wrote:

"...and to end tonight's news: it transpires that two of the three Powerball lottery winners last week were big James Bond fans. How big you ask? Well, at last night's Christies auction of items from the James Bond movie Spectre, the two winners went head-to-head over the Aston Martin DB10. The price when the hammer dropped? A cool $310 million. The beaten bidder said he'd have to settle for the sun glasses while the winner said he was looking for a good divorce lawyer. And in other news..."

LMAO you made my evening!
  • MrZarebaMrZareba Krakow, PolandPosts: 1,775MI6 Agent
    RedDawn289 wrote:

"Divorce lawyer" - more like a good attorney since his wife would certainly try to kill him at least a couple of times :D
  • jared_nomakjared_nomak Posts: 1,942MI6 Agent
    Considering the DB10 cannot legally be driven on the road it is solely a piece of art. The car is not and will not be approved for Registration certainly in the UK
    Ross
    Considering the DB10 cannot legally be driven on the road it is solely a piece of art. The car is not and will not be approved for Registration certainly in the UK
    Ross

I'm sure that whoever will be crazy enough to actually drive on the streets can ask Gaydon to do some tweaks (like installing proper power windows, ignition system, make the bonnet openable etc.) Because I understand that the main reason why the car will never be approved as for now is the fixed bonnet which makes a simple oil change impossible? The car also probably lacks airbags so that's another thing...
  • SkippySkippy Posts: 446MI6 Agent
    Ross

Making it no different really than the AM Vulcan. People with the money to drop on a car like that are the same people who buy two 077, so they have one for the road and one for the track. You'd probably get more pleasure from driving it as a track car anyway.
  • ppw3o6rppw3o6r Great BritainPosts: 2,271MI6 Agent
    Donk is invited! -{
    DSC03301.jpg
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,562Chief of Staff
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Donk is invited! -{
    DSC03301.jpg

Have fun...take your wallet...and please do a write up for us all afterwards -{
    YNWA 97
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    @donk so awesome you get towutness Amazing,,,
    Yes i did ride the CAT
    24 SPECTRE lots have been revealed today:
    http://www.christies.com/zmags/?ZmagsPublishID=65647a22&SaleTitle=&SaleId=0&GUID=&JumptoLot=

Donkey may just have to settle for his invite and the catalogue?.....Bugger! :(
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    24 SPECTRE lots have been revealed today:
    http://www.christies.com/zmags/?ZmagsPublishID=65647a22&SaleTitle=&SaleId=0&GUID=&JumptoLot=

Donkey may just have to settle for his invite and the catalogue?.....Bugger! :(

Thanks for the update!

I love M's watch. And now there's no doubt on the colour of the sunglasses.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Miles MesservyMiles Messervy Posts: 1,759MI6 Agent
    I really like both sets of cufflinks. I actually have something similar to the mother of pearls, although they appropriately have my initials!

Interesting to see the holster as well.
    I'm so glad I stand correct about the Snowdon glasses! :D Awesome, at least I was right in one thing. The other thing is that we finally know who made the PPK holster (I think it wasn't clear until now?)
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    I'm pretty sure i'll be able to make it to the auction on the 18th.
    Do you know if you need a booking or something? ?:)

If i am able to get in, I'll get pictures (if they allow) and details on the final auctions.

If i am able to get in, I'll get pictures (if they allow) and details on the final auctions.

I think someone had an invitation around here - I concluded that it's an invite only? :/
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Donk is invited! -{
    DSC03301.jpg

Could you place a bid in on the DB10 for me old chap! ;)
    RedDawn289 wrote:
    ppw3o6r wrote:
    Donk is invited! -{
    DSC03301.jpg

Could you place a bid in on the DB10 for me old chap! ;)

Happy to old bean. Would you be kind enough to supply me with your banking sort code and a personal letter of authority that you have the funds to cover said purchase....£2000,000.00 UK should cover it hopefully :D ....Donkey will settle for a £27.50 catalogue :))
    edited February 2016
    Just a taster of the 24 lots:

160101_aston_martin_db10_auction_christies.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_aston_martin_db.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_switches_aston.jpg
    It should be noted that the DB10 has an Ejector Seat button under the flip top cap of the transmission lever...Joygasm!

160201_christies_spectre_auction_clapperboard.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_holster.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_jb_mexico_mask.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_jb_oberhauser_g.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_q_laptop_clevo.jpg

watch.jpg

160101_tom_ford_cufflinks_auction_christies.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_hinx_watch_rado.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_jb_m_longines_c.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_jb_tom_ford_cuf.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_mexico_mask_ste.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_phone_moneypenn.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_tom_ford_snowdo.jpg

160201_christies_spectre_auction_tom_ford_tie_da.jpg

Donkey need new pants! -{
  • MFisherMFisher Posts: 746MI6 Agent
    Finally !! Great detailed pic of that holster !!!
  • Hart008Hart008 Posts: 710MI6 Agent
    If that spectre Omega sells for high i strongly have a feeling the price of the 2nd hand market will increase intensely hehehe
    That skull stick is awesome
    Yes i did ride the CAT
  • sruzgarsruzgar Welcome to ScotlandPosts: 1,468MI6 Agent
    Its going to be interesting to watch, consider that in the last Christies auction Bonds Omega PO from QoS was estimated at £6,000 - £8,000 and sold for £34,850 and the Skyfall cufflinks were estimate at £1,000 - £1,500 and sold for a whopping £30,000!
  • TeenageBondTeenageBond London, UKPosts: 211MI6 Agent
    MrZareba wrote:

I think someone had an invitation around here - I concluded that it's an invite only? :/

Shame! What lucky bugger got the invitation?! 8-) :) -{
    MrZareba wrote:

Shame! What lucky bugger got the invitation?! 8-) :) -{

Well... You can look a few posts back and you'll see ;)
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,293MI6 Agent
    Glad to finally see the lens on the Snowdons confirmed as grey. Been bugging me since people thought it was a custom job (as didn't match the retail versions!)
    Instagram - bondclothes007