Films with a sort of connection to the EON Bond film series

Ok today has been a cold and wet and being a retired type person I was left where the only place to stay was in.

So as a change I decided to watch a couple of WW2 films from my dvd collection and I randomly choose "The Cockleshell Heroes" and "The Triple Cross".

So I can hear you asking whats the connection. Well the Cockleshell Heroes although released in 1955 was produced by Albert Brocolli and the production cast featured many who worked on the Bond series Syd Cain, and Richard Maibaum writing the script.

The Triple Cross released in 1966 again had Gert Frobe and Claudine Auger in it, and was directed by Terance Young and had a very 60's Bond sound track to it.

I enjoyed both immensley I know Gert Frobe was in Chitty Chitty Bang bang which was totally made by the Bond crew.

Anyone else come across other films which on the face of it have no links only to find out there are a number.
FRWl, CR, OHMSS, TSWLM, SF, GF, TLD, LTK, TND, FYEO, OP,TWINE, GE, LALD, TB, SPECTRE, DN, YOLT, TMWTGG, QOS, MR, DAF, DAD, AVTAK, NTTD.

"Do you expect me to talk? "No Mister Bond I expect you to die"

Comments

• Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,419Quartermasters
    I watched The Eagle Has Landed a few days ago, and although I'd watched it several times before I hadn't spotted some of the Bond links in the crew - namely screenwriter Tom Mankiewicz and production designer Peter Murton. The film has some sharp dialogue, which I've always felt is one of Mankiewicz's strengths.

In terms of the cast, Donald Pleasence has real creepy menace as Heinrich Himmler, in fact I prefer him in this role to his performance as Blofeld. Michael Byrne, who plays a naval captain in TND, plays a German officer. Incidentally, he also played the German baddie Vogel in Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade.
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    When eight bells toll :
    Loads of the stunt team. Bob Simmons, Vic Armstrong, George Leech and
    Martin Grace. Who play various thugs.
    Peter Lamont ( art Dept), Antony Waye ( Assistant Director), and Charles Gray
    Provided the voice for Jack Hawkins. Who sadly had throat cancer and could
    Hardly speak. ( He did this for Jack Hawkins's last three films including Shalako
    with Sir Sean)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,294Chief of Staff
    "The IPCRESS File"- Harry Saltzman produced, and hired a fair amount of Bond people (John Barry, Ken Adam, Peter Hunt, Guy Doleman from TB, etc) as he did on the sequel "Funeral In Berlin" (Guy Hamilton, Adam again, Doleman again, etc).