Connery/Wiseman/Andress in 1980s

BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
I came across this pic and thought it might be of interest:

aa_old_man_4.jpg

Joseph Wiseman and Sean Connery meet up some ?25 years after DN

also
AA_OLD_MAN_5.jpg

Connery and Ursula Andress at the premiere of NSNA.

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    Nice pictures...thanks for sharing -{
    YNWA 97
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    Yes, very interesting indeed. Thanks.
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    Great stuff Barbel. Joseph Wiseman looks older than I would have imagined him to look in that period.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    OMG...are you telling me that Sean Connery wore a toupee in NSNA?!? Devastated, absolutely devastated. :v
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    Great pictures, Barbel - nice that they met up again in later life. Thanks for sharing these! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    OMG...are you telling me that Sean Connery wore a toupee in NSNA?!? Devastated, absolutely devastated. :v

I hair what you're saying.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,988Quartermasters
    Barbel wrote:

I hair what you're saying.

Talk about getting called out on the carpet...
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I've always loved the interview with Alec Baldwin about making
    The Hunt for Red October. In which he said on the first day of
    Filming he thought to himself " I'm young, good looking, everyone's
    Going to be looking at me, not Old, Connery " and then in walks Connery
    In a beautiful uniform, short hair and Beard ! He said he knew then he was
    Only the Co-star after that . :))
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Golrush007Golrush007 South AfricaPosts: 3,418Quartermasters
    Haha, that's quite right. Nobody in Hunt For Red October can compete with Connery for charisma and screen presence. It would have been quite interesting if Harrison Ford had played Jack Ryan in that film instead of Baldwin and to compare. Connery would probably still come out on top, but Ford is far closer to being his equal in terms of screen presence.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,053Chief of Staff
    There are several conflicting stories about casting Jack Ryan, but one of them suggests that Ford was at one point to star in THFRO with Klaus Maria Brandauer playing Ramius. When Brandauer was replaced by Connery, the studio apparently felt they couldn't afford Ford as well.
    (The stories from the actors, the studio, and the producer don't match up!)