New book

paulwoodpaulwood Posts: 11MI6 Agent
I'm in the process of writing a bond book

Comments

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Welcome Paulwood -{
    http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/44578/need-to-know-a-collection-of-short-stories/
    This thread may be of interest.

http://www.ajb007.co.uk/topic/47421/pen-to-paper/
    And this one, we have several talented writers here. :)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    Welcome! How is your book related to the next Bond film?
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits
  • Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,418Chief of Staff
    Matt S wrote:
    Welcome! How is your book related to the next Bond film?

It's not....so I'll move this to the Literature section -{
    YNWA 97
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Based on the original post, I suspect it will be rather a short book. ;)
  • stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    paulwood wrote:

Interesting. Have you been commissioned, is it fan fiction or do you intend to publish in Canada?
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Is this the start of a new trivia game, using nine words instead of seven? :D
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    paulwood wrote:

You really need to give us more details, paulwood. We're eager to hear more about this! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    A passage or two from the book would be good too as it would be interesting to see your writing style.
  • paulwoodpaulwood Posts: 11MI6 Agent
    paulwood wrote:

Thanks for tips and the interest, this Bond is traditional, with a modern twist it involves S.P.E.C.T.R.E it really has to for me, he is their greatest nemesis ,as they are for him. Blofeld is at his very best.He has new members of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.He has 2 new members , one will reveal there true id later in the story which gives a twist.

I do not want to give to much away at this point many thanks
    paulwood wrote:
    paulwood wrote:

Thanks for tips and the interest, this Bond is traditional, with a modern twist it involves S.P.E.C.T.R.E it really has to for me, he is their greatest nemesis ,as they are for him. Blofeld is at his very best.He has new members of S.P.E.C.T.R.E.He has 2 new members , one will reveal there true id later in the story which gives a twist.

I appreciate your need for confidentiality but I wonder if you could answer my earlier question (it won't compromise anything). Is it fan fiction, have you been commissioned to write it or are you planning to publish in Canada - where Bond is no longer under copyright.
    stag wrote:
    paulwood wrote:
    paulwood wrote:

I appreciate your need for confidentiality but I wonder if you could answer my earlier question (it won't compromise anything). Is it fan fiction, have you been commissioned to write it or are you planning to publish in Canada - where Bond is no longer under copyright.
    Well that clears that one up!?!
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Well that clears that one up!?!

Yes, it certainly does! :))
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    I myself am working on a new Bond Book, ...

Thunders, terrifically technical, thoroughly taxing, totally awesome colouring Book !
    16 sizzling pages of various Bond scenes. ( Crayons supplied)
    Soon to be found in all good pound shops, markets and charity shops. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."

Thunders, terrifically technical, thoroughly taxing, totally awesome colouring Book !

Not to pour water on your gas fire but are you aware of the copyright laws as they stand in the UK? I myself have already registered the copyright to the Bond Colouring in market. My franchise is set to begin on the 1st of next month with the publication of the highly anticipated Crayola Royale. I ask that you consider your own works most carefully lest they infringe my rights!
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    TP - I shall be scouring the remainders bins in The Works for your Opus Magnus.

I am keen to shove the crayons up my bum so I can poop rainbows!
    You really have to eat a Unicorn for that " Taste the Rainbow" :D
    You really have to eat a Unicorn for that " Taste the Rainbow" :D

Or, failing that, Skittles. :D
  • IanTIanT Posts: 573MI6 Agent
    Well in that case I'll just shove them up my nose like everyone else!
    If I buy two books at the supermarket on BOGOF I put the other one in the freezer! :))
  • PeppermillPeppermill DelftPosts: 2,860MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:

Not to pour water on your gas fire but are you aware of the copyright laws as they stand in the UK? I myself have already registered the copyright to the Bond Colouring in market. My franchise is set to begin on the 1st of next month with the publication of the highly anticipated Crayola Royale. I ask that you consider your own works most carefully lest they infringe my rights!

I am about to publish a 'reverse James Bond coloring book'. It has the colors pre-printed, the only thing you have to do is draw the lines around the colors.
    1. Ohmss 2. Frwl 3. Op 4. Tswlm 5. Tld 6. Ge 7. Yolt 8. Lald 9. Cr 10. Ltk 11. Dn 12. Gf 13. Qos 14. Mr 15. Tmwtgg 16. Fyeo 17. Twine 18. Sf 19. Tb 20 Tnd 21. Spectre 22 Daf 23. Avtak 24. Dad
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    Bit too difficult for my liking.
    Sorry for the confusion on my behalf it's looking like Canada at the moment end of the year
    paulwood wrote:

You really need to give us more details, paulwood. We're eager to hear more about this! :) -{
    Sorry been a while for a reply been frustrated trying sort away to get this will post some info soon new characters storyline etc this bond is not like lan Flemingston bond
    Although I'm no expert on civil law & I guess that you've already gone into it, even in Canada where copyright for JB has lapsed (though to remain within the law books containing such material can only be sold in Canada) to include any characters or other material owned by EON is another matter entirely. They would most likely pursue you should any breach of their copyright be observed.
    I don't hold out much hope for this project.
  • Mr SnowMr Snow Station "J" JamaicaPosts: 1,736MI6 Agent
    paulwood wrote:
    paulwood wrote:

Sorry been a while for a reply been frustrated trying sort away to get this will post some info soon new characters storyline etc this bond is not like lan Flemingston bond

I'm certainly no Hemingway, Fleming or Loeffelholz, but I sincerely hope you add punctuation in your novel; or this may be one confusing read 8-)
    "Everyone knows rock n' roll attained perfection in 1974; It's a scientific fact". - Homer J Simpson
    :) a few
    OGG007 wrote:
    paulwood wrote:

I'm certainly no Hemingway, Fleming or Loeffelholz, but I sincerely hope you add punctuation in your novel; or this may be one confusing read 8-)
    you could be right but I will finish it and see where I go
    I don't hold out much hope for this project.
    Again Thank you -I know you know your stuff and the advice you have gave is much appreciated honestly.I will plod on see what happens in the coming weeks I may just park it up for 6 months and read it on my own on a beach somewhere :) Once again thanks for the comments any feedback or help in much appreciated.
    stag wrote:
    Although I'm no expert on civil law & I guess that you've already gone into it, even in Canada where copyright for JB has lapsed (though to remain within the law books containing such material can only be sold in Canada) to include any characters or other material owned by EON is another matter entirely. They would most likely pursue you should any breach of their copyright be observed.