Abandoned Bond film plots you liked?

MilleniumForceMilleniumForce LondonPosts: 1,214MI6 Agent
There are several plots for the Bond films that were abandoned, some plots actually being pretty good. What ones do you like?

I liked the original idea for YOLT, with a Japanese mob releasing a deadly gas in the streets of Tokyo.
1.LTK 2.AVTAK 3.OP 4.FYEO 5.TND 6.LALD 7.GE 8.GF 9.TSWLM 10.SPECTRE 11.SF 12.MR 13.YOLT 14.TLD 15.CR (06) 16.TMWTGG 17.TB 18.FRWL 19.TWINE 20.OHMSS 21.DAF 22.DAD 23.QoS 24.NSNA 25.DN 26.CR (67)

Comments

• stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    Personally I'm not aware of the abandoned plots. Are there any threads which go into detail?
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,646MI6 Agent
    I quite liked Richard Maibaum's original treatment for TSWLM. I talk about it a little bit here:

http://www.thebondologistblog.blogspot.co.uk/2015/08/the-madness-of-king-ernst-i-in-ian.html
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    I was down for the 3rd Dalton Bond set in Hong Kong and Scotland- though some fans thought the robots were silly.
  • hehadlotsofgutshehadlotsofguts Durham England Posts: 2,107MI6 Agent
    Goldfinger's twin brother on a mission to kill Bond
    Have you ever heard of the Emancipation Proclamation?"

" I don't listen to hip hop!"
  • armenianmoviemanarmenianmovieman The 818Posts: 672MI6 Agent
    Not actually an abandoned plotline, and not because I didn't like Spectre, but sometimes I wish EON never got the rights to Spectre back so that we could continue with the Quantum organization and the new post-modern-action style Bond from CR and QoS.
    Yes. Consssssiderably.