Die Another Day - Alternative Title

Just working my way through 'Some Kind of Hero' (great book) and one thing I never knew was that one of the titles being considered for Bond 20 was 'Double Cross'.

Would have been perfect in my opinion - very Fleming, very descriptive of the story and, of course, XX would represent both the title and the fact that it was the 20th.

Thoughts?
'Wait till you get to my teeth!'

Comments

• ToTheRightToTheRight Posts: 314MI6 Agent
    Interesting. I'd like to know what other titles might have been considered as well. BEYOND THE ICE was a rumored title for awhile. For TND I remember AQUATOR as a rumored title and PRESSURE POINT for TWINE. I really look at DAD as my least favorite Bond title of all time (with the exception of "No Deals, Mr Bond" and a handful of the recent Bond continuation novels).
  • chrisisallchrisisall Western Mass, USAPosts: 9,061MI6 Agent
    Die Another Day was a perfect title for an admittedly imperfect film.
    Dalton & Connery rule. Brozz was cool.
    #1.TLD/LTK 2.TND 3.GF 4.GE 5.DN 6.FYEO 7.FRWL 8.TMWTGG 9.TWINE 10.YOLT/QOS
  • heartbroken_mr_draxheartbroken_mr_drax New Zealand Posts: 2,073MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:

I think the title is okay, especially because it's used in the film in context and the DNA changes, etc.

It just fits into the Tomorrow Never Dies category of movies that sound like Bond films, but are not really based on much...
    1. TWINE 2. FYEO 3. MR 4. TLD 5. TSWLM 6. OHMSS 7. DN 8. OP 9. AVTAK 10. TMWTGG 11. QoS 12. GE 13. CR 14. TB 15. FRWL 16. TND 17. LTK 18. GF 19. SF 20. LaLD 21. YOLT 22. NTTD 23. DAD 24. DAF. 25. SP

"Better make that two."
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    chrisisall wrote:

No film, Bond or not, is perfect... and I think over time DAD's appreciation will grow, the way it happened to OHMSS.

I guess all sorts of titles are considered for most movies. The one that is thought to work best is then chosen...
  • GrindelwaldGrindelwald Posts: 1,294MI6 Agent
    Woody Allen parody would be named "Die !......another day ?" :)) :p
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    OHMSS is a classic :007)

'Nuff said.
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • JagJag Posts: 1,167MI6 Agent
    edited April 2016
    Some 20 years ago whenever I admitted OHMSS was my favourite Bond movie, "real" Bond fans would shake their heads. The "classic" status was acquired fairly recently. Back then, the movie was considered a mistake at best, and a failure at worst. Dr No may have been an instant classic, but OHMSS took decades to achieve the status it enjoys now.
  • LoeffelholzLoeffelholz The United States, With LovePosts: 8,990Quartermasters
    Honestly, whatever one considers a personal classic is entirely up to himself, with my compliments -{
    Check out my Amazon author page! Mark Loeffelholz
    "I am not an entrant in the Shakespeare Stakes." - Ian Fleming
    "Screw 'em." - Daniel Craig, The Best James Bond EverTM
  • Matt SMatt S Oh Cult Voodoo ShopPosts: 6,596MI6 Agent
    When I showed OHMSS to a friend for a the first time 10 years ago, it immediately became his favourite Bond film, for the story, for Lazenby's fighting and for the Louis Armstrong song. It didn't need 40 years to appeal my friend. I don't think DAD ever had that power.
    Visit my blog, Bond Suits