James Bond versus Unlikely Villains?

Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,686MI6 Agent
edited May 2016 in The James Bond Films
I thought that it might be a fun idea to start a thread on this topic to see what unlikely villains that could feature in a James Bond film we can collectively come up with.

Here's a basic list that I've come up with of a few villains that James Bond would be unlikely to face in an upcoming James Bond film. Feel free to add your own suggestions in this thread:

James Bond versus:

Neo-Nazis/Neo-Fascists
Neo-Stalinists
Chinese Communists
Putin's Russian Federation
Satanists
Al-Queada
The Taliban
ISIS
The New IRA/the Continuity IRA/the Real IRA
Vigilantes
A Neighbourhood Watch

Also, you can of course give your reasons as to why they are unlikely villains for James Bond to face in an upcoming film.

I'd love to hear your suggestions - comic and and serious as you see fit! :)
"The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).

Comments

• Mr MartiniMr Martini That nice house in the sky.Posts: 2,699MI6 Agent
    Aliens from Outer Space
    Hill Billies from deep in the woods
    Mythological Gods i.e. Hades, Apollo etc.....
    Some people would complain even if you hang them with a new rope
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,686MI6 Agent
    James Bond versus The Salvation Army (as the result of a typo at MI6 HQ). A bit like Tomorrow Never Lies in a way, only potentially a tad more serious. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,785MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    Hard core historical reenactment groups with cold steel and live ammo! I would like to see Bond fighting berserker viking reenactors :))
  • Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,785MI6 Agent
    ..... but kilt-wearing Scotish warrior reenactors vs Bond would be ironical :))
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,686MI6 Agent
    I suppose that we could expand the remit of this thread a little in order to include those villains who seemed unlikely targets for James Bond's deadly aim even when they appeared in one of the Bond films.

Can we think of any this criteria would apply to?

One that stands out to me right away would be Dominic Greene in QoS.
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,276Chief of Staff
    I suppose that we could expand the remit of this thread a little in order to include those villains who seemed unlikely targets for James Bond's deadly aim even when they appeared in one of the Bond films.

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg
    Barbel wrote:

AA_OLD_MAN_3.jpg

Ha ha! Good one, Barbel. How could I have missed her! :))
  • Shady TreeShady Tree London, UKPosts: 2,966MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    I remember thinking in 1981 that the bespectacled geeky guy in the mini-submarine in FYEO, operating the grips and cutting devices, made for an entertainingly different style of 'incidental' sub-villain. (Of course, there have been geeky villains since, such as Boris Grishenko.)
    Critics and material I don't need. I haven't changed my act in 53 years.