Towels

minigeffminigeff EnglandPosts: 7,884MI6 Agent
Raising a pangalactic-gaggleblaster to all celebrating towel day -{
'Force feeding AJB humour and banter since 2009'
Vive le droit à la libre expression! Je suis Charlie!
www.helpforheroes.org.uk
www.cancerresearchuk.org

Comments

• Number24Number24 NorwayPosts: 21,793MI6 Agent
    That Minigeff really knows where his towel is :D
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    As long as he is using it to Hitch hike so to speak :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    I will take some time today to reflect on my towels and face cloth.
    following the league of gentlmen's rules
    "White towels are for limbs, green towels for torso and the red towels
    are for the pubic area ! ...... and not to be mixed !" :D
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    Does the celebration cover tea towels, bath-mats and other general launderables?
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,689MI6 Agent
    I'm throwing in the towel on this thread. :D
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    edited May 2016
    I always forget this very special occasion, so thanks for the heads-up Minigeff.

Not many people realise that before Mr Terry Towell, Esq of Westbury, Wiltshire (later Lord Towell of Bath), invented the towel(l) in 1742, people had used sandpaper to dry-off after their bi-annual bath. One day, while sitting atop his white horse on a nearby hillside, Mr Towell - a wealthy sort who boasted at his local of having once had "twice but fourth bath per calendar yar" - caught his Egyptian linen riding smock on a copse of especially sharp thistle, leaving the fine fabric tufted and precociously absorbent. Believing that his discovery might have commercial value, he gathered together a coterie of 8-year-old children and paid them two-pence each to similarly befoul 87 yards of cotton which he then had manufactured into "Mister Towell's Super Absorbent Clothe for All Occasions Whet" and sold door to door in the neighbouring piles. Despite a not insubstantial investment, he wiped-up. The rest, is history.
  • Charmed & DangerousCharmed & Dangerous Posts: 7,358MI6 Agent
    :)) :)) :)) post of the week {[]
    "How was your lamb?" "Skewered. One sympathises."
  • ChriscoopChriscoop Belize Posts: 10,449MI6 Agent
    I always forget this very special occasion, so thanks for the heads-up Minigeff.

Not many people realise that before Mr Terry Towell, Esq of Westbury, Wiltshire (later Lord Towell of Bath), invented the towel(l) in 1742, people had used sandpaper to dry-off after their bi-annual bath. One day, while sitting atop his white horse on a nearby hillside, Mr Towell - a wealthy sort who boasted at his local of having once had "twice but fourth bath per calendar yar" - caught his Egyptian linen riding smock on a copse of especially sharp thistle, leaving the fine fabric tufted and precociously absorbent. Believing that his discovery might have commercial value, he gathered together a coterie of 8-year-old children and paid them two-pence each to similarly befoul 87 yards of cotton which he then had manufactured into "Mister Towell's Super Absorbent Clothe for All Occasions Whet" and sold door to door in the neighbouring piles. Despite a not insubstantial investment, he wiped-up. The rest, is history.
    That is brilliant -{
    It was either that.....or the priesthood
  • Le SamouraiLe Samourai Honolulu, HIPosts: 573MI6 Agent
    towel.jpg
    —Le Samourai

A Gent in Training.... A blog about my continuing efforts to be improve myself, be a better person, and lead a good life. It incorporates such far flung topics as fitness, self defense, music, style, food and drink, and personal philosophy.
    Agent In Training
  • BarbelBarbel ScotlandPosts: 36,305Chief of Staff
    :)) :)) :)) Nice one, TDE!!
    :)) :)) :)) Very funny indeed. and of course they are now out of the
    bathroom and in the gyms. ;)
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    I never wear a towel, I like to flaunt my stuff :)) :))
    Dalton Rulez™
    I usually drape myself over a radiator for 20 minutes or so.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 SwitzerlandPosts: 870MI6 Agent
    I usually drape myself over a radiator for 20 minutes or so.

Just make sure "nothing" gets overheated there :)) :)) I know you're hot but enough is enough.
    Dalton Rulez™
    Don't worry it's a very small radiator ;)
    towel.jpg

Read "The Hitchiker's guide to the gallaxy" by Douglas Adams and the answer to Life, the Universe adn Everything will be revealed to you :D
    A pangalactic-gaggleblaster will help. ;) and remember the answer is always 42. :))
    I remeber a friend of mine got hold of the BBC Radio version on casette when we were in our late teens. The book wasn't published in Norway at the time. The paly fitted on several casettes, so the play was borrowed from person to person. Great times! :D