Gotham-like show for Bond

Since the Batman fans have kind of spoiled here lately with new movies and especially the hit show on Fox (here in the US) Gotham got me thinking about the other big characters that were orphaned at a young age and then grew into their characters so this begs the question: Could a show like Gotham work for James Bond and how could it be set up? This also comes from learning a little about Bond's past in Skyfall (I haven't seen Spectre yet) and really wanting to see it be explored into some better detail.

So would you accept a childhood Bond TV show in the same vein as Gotham?
1, GE 2, CR 3, SF 4, TWINE 5, Spectre 6, TMWTGG 7, DAD 8, LALD 9, AVTAK 10, LTK 11, Octopussy 12, Moonraker 13, TLD 14, GF 15, QOS 16, Tomorrow 17, FYEO 18. TSWLM Not seen much: Dr. No, Russia, Thunderball, Twice, Majesty.

1: Brosnan 2: Craig 3: Moore 4: Dalton 5: Connery and 6: Lazenby

Comments

• walther p99walther p99 NJPosts: 3,416MI6 Agent
    Since the Batman fans have kind of spoiled here lately with new movies and especially the hit show on Fox (here in the US) Gotham got me thinking about the other big characters that were orphaned at a young age and then grew into their characters so this begs the question: Could a show like Gotham work for James Bond and how could it be set up? This also comes from learning a little about Bond's past in Skyfall (I haven't seen Spectre yet) and really wanting to see it be explored into some better detail.

So would you accept a childhood Bond TV show in the same vein as Gotham?
    I don't think it could work unless it was a limited series. Even then i don't think Bond's or his allies and villains origins carry the same heft or interest as Batmans. Skyfall and SP hinted to his childhood well enough and CR already showed how he came to be in a similar vein as Batman Begins.
  • superadosuperado Regent's Park West (CaliforniaPosts: 2,651MI6 Agent
    I'm not one having a vision, per say, but I'm just exploring whether or not a Gotham-like show for Bond is possible. It worked for Young Indiana Jones, well, at least for a couple of seasons with a long list of proposed but unproduced episodes. I assume it got cancelled because it didn't meet the network's targeted viewership numbers, but personally I thought the stories were interesting and engaging.

As for Bond, I personally find the Young Bond novels interesting, life in Eton, young Bond as a loner yet having camaraderie with other misfits, frequent school trips, etc., so there's potential. I think the Harry Potter craze, other young adult properties, and even the surprising international popularity of Downton Abbey are signs that there may be a positive reception of the world of Young Bond. Perhaps a good approach as stated by Walther P99 is to make it an intentionally stated limited series.
    "...the purposeful slant of his striding figure looked dangerous, as if he was making quickly for something bad that was happening further down the street." -SMERSH on 007 dossier photo, Ch. 6 FRWL.....
  • welshguy34welshguy34 Posts: 219MI6 Agent
    I would love this to happen, especially if they set it in post WW2. Maybe they could adapt the Young Bond novels. It's clearly something that would appeal to a mass audience as the Bond films have been so successful, especially Skyfall and SPECTRE.