Euro 2016

HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
So England must be really confident. Irritating the opposite team by showing the lineup 2 days early must be scaring the Russians to death :D
President of the 'Misty Eyes Club'.

Dalton - the weak and weepy Bond!

Comments

• Sir MilesSir Miles The Wrong Side Of The WardrobePosts: 26,420Chief of Staff
    Higgins wrote:
    So England must be really confident. Irritating the opposite team by showing the lineup 2 days early must be scaring the Russians to death :D

Yeah, didn't do the Germans much good either when we beat them 3-2 in their own backyard :v :))
    YNWA 97
  • HigginsHiggins GermanyPosts: 16,618MI6 Agent
    It was just somethingto give you to talk about for the next 40 years, when your boys are kicked out prematurely in all tournaments to come :p

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy Behind you !Posts: 63,792MI6 Agent
    Any chance of starting up a euro, football type thread. Like last time ?
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    As long as England participates, we can't really call in 'football' :D

:)) You are so Cruel !
    "I've been informed that there ARE a couple of QAnon supporters who are fairly regular posters in AJB."
    Higgins wrote:
    As long as England participates, we can't really call in 'football' :D

Give it a week and open one up - England will be out by then :))
    YNWA 97
    :)) :)) :))

• stagstag Posts: 2,083MI6 Agent
    I guarantee I'll not be talking about it. I don't know who's in it nor how long it lasts but I'm hoping it's all over when I return from my holiday.
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    stag wrote:
    Well all this bloody football lark has led me to take the decision to go as far away as practicable in order to escape the worst effects of it & the hype surrounding it. Methinks I may be heading to Jamaica for a couple of weeks or so until the whole thing has blown over. Of course my wife will be coming along too (of her own accord I might add!)

Forget Jamaica, Stag, they're football mad down there too and the Premier League is generally their tipple of choice. I've happened to find myself in all sorts of places during the World Cup from Zanzibar to Melbourne, the Masai Mara to Egypt and all have been footie-consumed even in somewhere like Australia where football is well down the pecking order. Of course, once I ventured into the Outback and mingled with men with long beards sporting hats with corks (not quite), the talk almost died-off...until I reached Alice Springs. So with that in mind, give Jamaica a miss and try the wilds of Alaska!
    As with all Bond fans my traditional Holiday wish .....
    " Remember to take some pictures of the canals for the children " ;)
  • The Domino EffectThe Domino Effect Posts: 3,631MI6 Agent
    It's all about Birmingham with you, isn't it TP?
    Just can't get enough of those shopping trollies, old prams and bicycles :)
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,648MI6 Agent
    I'm not a football fan by any means but I wish the Northern Ireland team all the very best - the first time they've qualified since 1986. For such a small country that's a big achievement. Anything else is a bonus really! :) -{
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
  • OrnithologistOrnithologist BerlinPosts: 583MI6 Agent
    This may be one of those rare occasions where I have to back up my fellow countryman Higgins in provoking the English. All in good sportsmanship of course, they are our second favorite rivals! :007)
    "I'm afraid I'm a complicated woman. "
    "- That is something to be afraid of."
  • Napoleon PluralNapoleon Plural LondonPosts: 10,239MI6 Agent
    England has kicked off...

Sadly, it's the fans. :#
    "This is where we leave you Mr Bond."

Roger Moore 1927-2017
  • welshboy78welshboy78 Posts: 10,292MI6 Agent
    Nice win by Wales, thought the worst after the Slovakia equalizer.

How Skrtel got away with that elbow in front of the goal official is beyond me :))
    Instagram - bondclothes007
  • Silhouette ManSilhouette Man The last refuge of a scoundrelPosts: 8,648MI6 Agent

Not too surprising as football hooliganism is the national export...
    "The tough man of the world. The Secret Agent. The man who was only a silhouette." - Ian Fleming, Moonraker (1955).
    "Saturday nights' alright for fighting " says Elton John. :D
    In this case Friday AND Thursday too :))

Pretty ugly scenes (along with the fat beer bellys and dodgy tats)

Imagine more to come after the Russia game
    Yep, that's gonna be brutal :#

Just one naive question: Why starting with 3 seperate teams (Wales, England and Scotland) instead of joining forces and put them together into one.

I understand that noone wants Ireland :D :D :D but ...

It's a bit like Bavaria plays against Hamburg

To think they were worried about Terrorists causing trouble. 8-)

Not too surprising as football hooliganism is the national export...

To be fair...the Russian fans did say - months ago - that they were coming to fight, that's all they want to do...reports have it that these sickening scenes are the result of Marseille & Russian fans organising coordinated attacks against the English fans...sadly English fans still have a terrible reputation from the 1970/80's.... :#

Congratulations to Wales...they showed true spirit in their win -{
    YNWA 97
    Higgins wrote:
    Just one naive question: Why starting with 3 seperate teams (Wales, England and Scotland) instead of joining forces and put them together into one.

Apart from Gareth Bale none of the other teams have a player that would get into the 'combined 11'...from England's point of view.
    YNWA 97
  • always shakenalways shaken LondonPosts: 6,287MI6 Agent
    Well just to prove a point ,im on here ,not watching England on the TV ,well its raining and I cant sit in the garden watching the grass grow, So ive got TITANIC in the tv instead ,at least England and the Titanic have something in common ,
    they are both gonna sink :D
    By the way, did I tell you, I was "Mad"?
    Sir Miles wrote:
    Higgins wrote:

Apart from Gareth Bale none of the other teams have a player that would get into the 'combined 11'...from England's point of view.

Well anybody would be better than Joe Hart :v

Woy Woy Woy.

Vardy and Sturridge waiting to clear up
    Also given their sexual antics, probably as many have gone down on England ! :D